Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone a bit internet savvy please post to warn people about a scam going on live on youtube right now? There is a channel named Tesla saying they are giving away two for one bitcoin or etherium. I don't regularly get on the bulletin boards or facebook or twitter or such so don't really have enough reach to warn people.

After owning Tesla for 2 nights, my take so far

I really love how the cabin lighting setup. I read lot of posts that lighting is not enough was a bit concerned. But I honestly think this setup is great

I thought Speedo meter on screen and single pedel driving require lot of getting used to but I honestly got comfortable just in 15-20min

I am still not used to the feeling of not turning the car off and on. I really feel weird not having to poweroff or parking break.

boot and frunk lock mechanism is so noisy ,not sure why

Child lock integration on front screen is pretty cool , you can switch to left and right easily just from screen

Overall enjoying the car

Last edited:
Can someone a bit internet savvy please post to warn people about a scam going on live on youtube right now? There is a channel named Tesla saying they are giving away two for one bitcoin or etherium. I don't regularly get on the bulletin boards or facebook or twitter or such so don't really have enough reach to warn people.
I have been reporting these lives for months. You can report them and tag it spam or misleading. They send me an email saying they took it down but it the mean time several thousand people have been scammed and Youtube gets the revenue. Who is the real scammer?

Last edited:
There is no such thing as a free lunch, especially on the internet.

There are two types of people with crypto. The first one is the internet savvy nerd who probably won't fall for this. The other is someone who doesn't even know how to use computer and somehow bought crypto. They shouldn't have crypto in the first place. YouTube will take these scammers down but there are so many scams on YouTube and Instagram and Facebook and the internet in general. It's near impossible. Source. In cyber security sector

Reactions: Chuq
My understanding is that things will be pretty quiet here for a few weeks, Shanghai will be doing domestic production till the end of the quarter. For all us MYP people watching in envy as RWDs were delivered, I hope they kick off next quarter with a MYP run! Here's hoping!

Agreed. I'm expecting September to be all domestic China cars and then will kick back to OS come beginning of Q4/October. Which would be the best time to make MYPs if they want to deliver them in November.
With the MY RWD the first batch there was some skew and took more Perth orders as it takes longer for the trans continent route once they unload, so fingers crossed the same happens again OR they do a direct drop straight to Fremantle like they did for one of the Model 3 ships.

Got my SMS last week and booked to collect my blue Y on Friday 9th September - WOOHOO. Not before time as my Model 3 is starting to feel ordinary here in Canberra, I can't go out without seeing at least 6 Model 3's during a 20 minute drive! Gone are the days now when I waved to the 5 other Tesla drivers in my area!

Got my SMS last week and booked to collect my blue Y on Friday 9th September - WOOHOO. Not before time as my Model 3 is starting to feel ordinary here in Canberra, I can't go out without seeing at least 6 Model 3's during a 20 minute drive! Gone are the days now when I waved to the 5 other Tesla drivers in my area!
Last weekend I saw four different Model Ys in and around Canberra. All of them NSW plates though, so maybe some Sydneysiders were doing a range test :D

PXL_20220905_073838945.PORTRAIT.jpg
just updated the wheel caps. Love the combination with blue