Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sitting here arms folded with a weird half smile half grimace.. as long as she shares everything will be fine.

great news too.. because I woke up this morning to a puddle of coolant under my car. Public holiday - have to wait till monday to take it down to the mechanic..

I really feel for people that have ordered 3s. It sucks that the Ys seemed to have leapfrogged the order queue and people that have ordered 3s are still waiting.

Reactions: *Sparkles*
@*Sparkles* yup what Maxi said.. it's on the top of the invoice right next to the VIN and above the Engine details.

P.S. Awww Snap.. I just noticed you've updated your signature too.. So are you sticking with the Y?
Thanks @Mattflow ... doesn't look like my final invoice is available yet.

Am I sticking with the Y? Well, that's the question, isn't it? I think I will, to get that extra room for carting teenagers and dogs around. I'm not happy about the slower acceleration or heavier steering (compared to the 3), but can't deny it's a more practical solution.

I AM keen to change the colour of the Y though, and had made some enquiries about this already before the vin was allocated (but hadn't decided between white or red). Of course, around the time of my enquiry is when not 1 but 2 of my boys got covid, and then passed it on to me, distracting me entirely. And then I got vin'd! I spoke with the SA today, she mentioned that they *might* be able to release the Y that was allocated and amend my order to a different colour combo, but I will have to wait and see.

So watch this space, I guess?

It all happened in the wrong order and has really thrown me! Gah!!! First world problems 😋

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Mattflow
OMG there's movement at the station! After posts in the last few days caused me to check my account more frequently, my EDD has firmed up from Nov-Feb to Oct 21-Nov 4! Woot bring it on!!

EDIT:
I've seen reports where Tesla no longer show the VIN on that /teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders page, but if you have a model year you have a VIN.
Yeah strangely that oxp-bff-api page doesn't have my VIN, but I can see the VIN on the VicRoads registration document which can now be downloaded. Haven't tried the Chrome page.

Last edited:
OMG there's movement at the station! After posts in the last few days caused me to check my account more frequently, my EDD has firmed up from Nov-Feb to Oct 21-Nov 4! Woot bring it on!!

EDIT:

Yeah strangely that oxp-bff-api page doesn't have my VIN, but I can see the VIN on the VicRoads registration document which can now be downloaded. Haven't tried the Chrome page.
I'm not putting too much faith in the API.. everything here seems to follow a *process* - SMS first, Invoice/Vin, the API will update itself eventually =)

On the plus side.. Test payment and first payment went through.. Now to schedule a money pump into Teslas nominated account. :D

EDIT:

What colour did you order?

It seems the Shanghai factory is really starting to pump them out now?

Ordered a MY RWD White/White on 04/08/22. Haven't checked in for a few weeks but logged on today and used the status link provided in a previous post. Status has already changed from ORDERED to BOOKED.

Would assume that delivery will come forward from FEB23 ....maybe?
M3 longer outstanding orders should really all be cleared first?