Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone confirm if changing colour will change price or delivery date for Model Y? Order a Blue MYP but thinking about changing to red...

+1 on wait time for model Y P, they should launch them all together. I have order a Model 3 P back in March which I have cancelled because I prefer a model Y so I have technically already waited 6 month since when I place my first order with tesla. But if the rumors are true regarding M3P battery, I don't mind waiting till next year as the additional range is a huge plus.
I initially ordered a blue Y on 11/06/2022 but changed to MSM on 29/08/2022. Price didn't change for me, my original delivery estimate didn't change from Nov 22 - Feb 23 and I got my EDD yesterday for Oct 10 - Oct 24. I changed it through the website, I think you could always email them and ask them to change the colour as long as it doesn't affect your price/delivery date just to be safe.

I recently updated my order from MSM to black.
I was issued with a new order agreement but it contains the updated standard connectivity terms stating that it's only included for 8 years as per

Old text from my original order agreement:
A trial of Premium Connectivity will be included following delivery of the Vehicle. Once this trial is over as detailed at
www.tesla.com/support/connectivity, you may subscribe to Premium Connectivity or your Vehicle will return to Standard Connectivity.

New text on my updated order agreement:
Standard Connectivity is included in your Vehicle, at no additional cost, for eight (8) years beginning on the first day your vehicle was
delivered as new by Tesla, or the first day it is put into service (for example used as a demonstrator or company vehicle), whichever comes first.

EDD: October 10 - October 24
Ordered: 11/06/2022
Changed configuration: 29/08/2022 (Changed from blue to grey)
Midnight Silver Metallic RWD Y
Photo of our grey one for you.
Tesla 3.jpg

This might be off topic and apologies if so but looking for some advice.
I've currently got an order in for the M3 but have done a test drive of the MY and like that car as well but I like the M3 a bit more. I'm considering placing an order on the MY to hedge my bets due to the quicker production rate of the MY.
Has anyone here gone from an M3 to an MY? What's your overall thoughts on the differences etc?

Ordered MYP on launch day around 11:15am.

White with white.

No email or SMS confirmation, no EDD on the app or website. Just the ref number.

Waiting game on since then. Hoping for some positive news in the next few weeks as Q4 production may have already started at Shanghai! Fingers crossed!

Ordered MYP on launch day around 11:15am.

White with white.

No email or SMS confirmation, no EDD on the app or website. Just the ref number.

Waiting game on since then. Hoping for some positive news in the next few weeks as Q4 production may have already started at Shanghai! Fingers crossed!
Ordered the same combo, around the same time, with the same result.... Working in Melbourne CBD and seeing many Model Y's daily is making me more impatient 😂

Has anyone with a Feb - May delivery estimate received any update? Ordered 01/09 so not expecting anything too soon, but hearing reports of Tesla Shanghai ramping dramatically gives me a little hope!
Only about 2 weeks ago my EDD disappeared and got text changing delivery location and this url I believe changed to BOOKED https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders , But back to Feb May 2023, Ordered 17/6

Picking up my RWD next Saturday in blue with white interior, looking forward to it.
First time with a Tesla so looking forward to learning all the features.
When you get your car, consider giving yourself 20 minutes with it parked at Tesla to go through all the menus and start configuring it they way you want it before you drive out. It'll make the first drive less confusing and distracting.
And always set the Battery to percentage. It's just easier.