Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RWD. The first P's will probably take a few more months. Am sure when first revised EDD's come out, the word will spread rapidly.
Do you have any specific knowledge about this, or is it a just a guess? As someone who ordered an MYP it's getting very frustrating! Seeing a lot of RWDs build the the second quarter delivered, and now seeing 4th quarter cars coming it's very aggravating. Are the performance lines not running? Are they being allocated somewhere else? I wish we knew what was going on!

Do you have any specific knowledge about this, or is it a just a guess? As someone who ordered an MYP it's getting very frustrating! Seeing a lot of RWDs build the the second quarter delivered, and now seeing 4th quarter cars coming it's very aggravating. Are the performance lines not running? Are they being allocated somewhere else? I wish we knew what was going on!
From my completely uneducated guess on this, my take, The model y rear wheel drive makes them a lot more money or at least loses them less money. So they are going to prioritize that versus the performance which is a little bit more costly.

From my completely uneducated guess on this, my take, The model y rear wheel drive makes them a lot more money or at least loses them less money. So they are going to prioritize that versus the performance which is a little bit more costly.
On the contrary the P will make a lot more money, but will probably require to pull more strings. Making money from RWD is so much easier.

I don't believe any market performance lines have been running at Giga Shanghai. There was a rumour about Singapore but I think it was just confusion and they don't have Ps yet either.

I'm ok about cars (Y RWD) that were in the Nov-Feb tranche being made now but I'm a little peeved that some people that were in the Feb-April tranche getting VINs now when they weren't due. I was hoping that MYPs would start production soon and I'm still hopefully as they have started export production earlier than they would normally. If they want to do export Y RWD until October 1 then go for it, then turn on the MYP production line please.

To be fair the people that are getting shafted the most are the Model 3 orders. They have been waiting 6mths ++ which is way longer than many of the Y orders.

At the end of the day, I have an ESTIMATED delivery tranche of Nov to February so they are allowed to wait until Feb 27th or even longer if they really wanted to. Hopefully they have all the parts they need to retool the line over to MYP soon.

I'm a little peeved that some people that were in the Feb-April tranche getting VINs now when they weren't due.
Perhaps there were cancellations, or Tesla were conservative with their build estimates? Also remember that MYP vehicles have NMC batteries, there could be a lead time on those so if they're able to build more vehicles, why not build those with LFP if those packs are on hand?

Perhaps there were cancellations, or Tesla were conservative with their build estimates? Also remember that MYP vehicles have NMC batteries, there could be a lead time on those so if they're able to build more vehicles, why not build those with LFP if those packs are on hand?

Yup so I hope they have everything that they need for the MYP differences and because of that I don't mind if they are filling the gap using up what they have. I just hope it's not for too long as I'd love to have my car. Almost wishing I'd ordered a MY RWD lol as I'd be driving it now.

Once it gets here I'll forget all about this :p

Reactions: *Sparkles*
All good. Same as you MSM. BTW I do have a photo of the Red MY at the Perth dealership if you are still housebound? I feel the lure of the blue but I think I will stay boring and keep the MSM.
Thanks, @alliwantisaY! I've finished up my isolation, so there's no stopping me now! I dropped into the dealership on Friday, and had another look at the red Y. It's very nice, but I think I might go for something more low-key this time around (my current car is a red Mazda). Looks like I'll be sticking with the MSM too 😁

And yep, the blue is pretty nice, too, but I don't think we'll go wrong with the MSM.

If you pass on the deets of your plates after your car arrives, we can wave at each other on the roads 😋

Reactions: alliwantisaY
I don't believe any market performance lines have been running at Giga Shanghai. There was a rumour about Singapore but I think it was just confusion and they don't have Ps yet either.

I'm ok about cars (Y RWD) that were in the Nov-Feb tranche being made now but I'm a little peeved that some people that were in the Feb-April tranche getting VINs now when they weren't due. I was hoping that MYPs would start production soon and I'm still hopefully as they have started export production earlier than they would normally. If they want to do export Y RWD until October 1 then go for it, then turn on the MYP production line please.

To be fair the people that are getting shafted the most are the Model 3 orders. They have been waiting 6mths ++ which is way longer than many of the Y orders.

At the end of the day, I have an ESTIMATED delivery tranche of Nov to February so they are allowed to wait until Feb 27th or even longer if they really wanted to. Hopefully they have all the parts they need to retool the line over to MYP soon.
I am pretty sure performance lines are being made in Shanghai, both RHD and LHD.

Like a few of you had a Nov - Feb delivery but thats now moved up to Oct 7 - 24.

Question on the finance though.. can you get a quote from Plenti and Macquarie? Both are in the Prepare for Delivery drop down ... seems to only let me pick one. Anyone have any insight on the rate being offered currently?

Need some opinions from the forum....
I have my model y on order (Feb-May). I am happy to wait. However, as mentioned earlier and other forum threads, there are a number for sale, and people are struggling to sell. There is a Model Y for 74500, with 12km on the clock with a UMC. Should i do it? Should i wait?

Can anyone confirm if changing colour will change price or delivery date for Model Y? Order a Blue MYP but thinking about changing to red...

+1 on wait time for model Y P, they should launch them all together. I have order a Model 3 P back in March which I have cancelled because I prefer a model Y so I have technically already waited 6 month since when I place my first order with tesla. But if the rumors are true regarding M3P battery, I don't mind waiting till next year as the additional range is a huge plus.