Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately it's not a big batch for Perth, maybe the smallest I've seen. Only 100 cars when the last few have been around 500. It has 85 MYPs and only 15 RWDs. Maybe not all have been notified yet if yours is a MYP order as well isn't it?
For those in WA who have a VIN the small batch of cars may be a win, if there’s no other Tesla variations arriving at a similar time the Perth delivery centre may be near empty.

Where do you guys buy all the accessories from? Thinking to get sunshade, floor mat, seat protector etc.
See this thread.

It doesn't feel quite legit until I get a VIN assigned haha (for context, no trade in and I've already used the hidden vin finder).
If you have any of your tasks incomplete (including the finance side of things) that can also prevent the hidden VIN from being there.
I have asked for a trade in price.
That will definitely suppress the VIN. Has your EDD changed to "March 25 - April 15" like the rest of us WA MYP orders?

I’m
If you're going to do this, don't buy one from inventory.
Just because they are in inventory doesn't mean you can pick up any time soon. They may not even be in the country.

Also - carsales have 2021 models for ~$52k. Buy and re-sell one of them if you must. You can obviously also avoid that instant-drive-off-the-lot-depreciation (not talking about tax depreciation).
Thanks, this is great advice and I'll hold out a bit longer.

I noticed that there's some used inventory available today on Tesla's site but it seems a bit over priced, $55k for a 2019 M3 SRP with 55k kms? The only benefit is that I can easily trade my exisiting vehicle.

Lol how does Passama have an arrival due through Vic Port but Paglia doesn't.

Feels like Paglia might have some quarantine issues onboard as it's been slow to move through ports.
Morning Cherry has moved into the outer harbour area, it now appears in the "in Port" category. Paglia is just outside the heads so I am guessing might be near to being invited inside the heads soon and will become "in Port" soon. VP is still in transit to Melbourne. There are 4 or so Vehicle carriers circling so I still think VP will have to wait a couple days to get inside. then depending on ships leaving (a couple have been there awhile now so should be off soon), VP might get inside the heads pretty quickly.

Reactions: joseph.luppino