Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AP4 cars have been delivered to European customers already, with headlight cameras and new computer. (Model X has already been photographed and published online).
Right. And you said “Europe” and “Model X”. Both those words are incompatible with your situation. Your car has been manufactured already, still has USS (as no notification has gone out about their removal for AU, which is part of the HW4 changes) and is in a production line that is not capable of manufacturing Model X.
The chances are practically less than 10%, but hey you might be the first one to get it.

I would just focus on enjoying the car for a couple of years until whatever hardware comes out is actually useful in our country…

AP4 cars have been delivered to European customers already, with headlight cameras and new computer. (Model X has already been photographed and published online).
Not having a go at you, but just to add my point of view.

When AP4 is more common among new cars being delivered, there might be news about new battery technology which might provide more range, more power etc. So what do we do, wait for the new battery? In my view, everything will have costs, for example having more cameras + more radars may require more power (I don't know at this point - it's very much a guess).

Obviously, preferences differ from one another however in my very subjective opinion, there has to be a line I'm willing to compromise to actually drive the car rather than endlessly waiting for new things.

I ordered a MYP on opening day. Today I received an email to open the trade in estimate window. I clicked yes, then 2 hours later I received a SMS to say a Model Y had been assigned to my order. No VIN is being shown yet and the EDD has vanished from the app. Fingers crossed…. Did this happen to anyone else today?

Haven’t had too much time to research this week but I’ll be back to look more into it next week.

So we’ve had mermaid ace confirmed as the one west coast ship for this quarter which is short of the three that the west coast had by this time last quarter. Next opportunity for the west is lake Geneva and euphony ace on the 17th and 28th or March respectively with deliveries from late April to early May.

East coast seems to have had what I’m assuming was the grande Mirafiori vins assigned yesterday and I’d dare say that’s it from her. Turandot (armacup boy) is currently alongside Shanghai and coming direct back to the east. Expect vins outta her maybe late this week but more likely Monday. The grande vins being so early threw me off a bit, it’s been a while since we’ve seen vins assigned earlier in the voyage. Anyway think the Turandot deliveries will get pushed into April thanks to the deliveries of grande first. Don Juan being another armacup boy would be next with deliveries late April going into May most likely.

I don’t think we will see anything like a big charter now until the next export period starting in April but to make these EDD’s of May it’s going to have to be early in April with the biggest issue being delivery centres piling up. Not looking good in my opinion for the May deadline for a lot of people. WA might be the only place that meets the deadlines if they decide to actually ship more than 100 cars next quarter to it.

Thanks for listening again to my Ted talk

Haven’t had too much time to research this week but I’ll be back to look more into it next week.

So we’ve had mermaid ace confirmed as the one west coast ship for this quarter which is short of the three that the west coast had by this time last quarter. Next opportunity for the west is lake Geneva and euphony ace on the 17th and 28th or March respectively with deliveries from late April to early May.

East coast seems to have had what I’m assuming was the grande Mirafiori vins assigned yesterday and I’d dare say that’s it from her. Turandot (armacup boy) is currently alongside Shanghai and coming direct back to the east. Expect vins outta her maybe late this week but more likely Monday. The grande vins being so early threw me off a bit, it’s been a while since we’ve seen vins assigned earlier in the voyage. Anyway think the Turandot deliveries will get pushed into April thanks to the deliveries of grande first. Don Juan being another armacup boy would be next with deliveries late April going into May most likely.

I don’t think we will see anything like a big charter now until the next export period starting in April but to make these EDD’s of May it’s going to have to be early in April with the biggest issue being delivery centres piling up. Not looking good in my opinion for the May deadline for a lot of people. WA might be the only place that meets the deadlines if they decide to actually ship more than 100 cars next quarter to it.

Thanks for listening again to my Ted talk
Got my VIN today. Model Y ordered late June for delivery in Sydney. Currently showing EDD of March 8-29. What ship do you think that might be on?

I concur Plus the VicPorts database looks a mess. Leikut reality of movements vs what's listed as Expected & Actual just doesn't add up. Looks like the queue is moving fast. I am hoping for Tuesday maybe Wednesday dock. Fingers crossed

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hU1cW1rHKssVm17yj110PAkgyEG2KoP-drbDwYDnGPM/edit#gid=79611077