Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are AWD when required to be. The EV's have the advantage that they can redirect the torque split in milliseconds, much faster than engaging physical clutches or similar mechanical AWD solutions.

Fun fact: The Lamborghini Aventador and the Bugatti Chiron use Haldex AWD.
Most AWD are constant awd - they use a differential in the middle - it's actually quite complex to have part-time awd.

Reactions: houdini
My order was updated at 6.30pm so somebody must be working back changing orders
For those who have requested to switch from RWD or MYP to LR - I was told today that if my request is approved, I won’t be able to jump the queue for LR. Ordered MYP on Day 1.

That's weird as my SA assured me that because my original RWD order was back in December, I would have priority over brand new orders placed.

Reactions: YAnthony
It is indeed but not unheard of. Especially with Armacup ships tied up in Melbourne it's all about getting Tesla's on whatever ship they can get their hands on even if that means putting QLD as the last stop instead of the first stop.

Be grateful as you've 'hijacked' the Perth capacity for delivery and there is now no Perth teslas on that ship and the Perth cars will sit in Singapore for more weeks even though they were built before yours.

Anybody with an April or May EDD should check if their car is on this ship or another Ace. Palmela isn't scheduled to dock in Melbourne or Port Kembla

View attachment 924342
How did you get the vessel schedule to display like this? When I threw the details into the MolACE website, I only got a SG to BNE voyage but clearly it's got other places to be as well. I'm acutely aware that this is user error on my part. Tips would be appreciated!

Side note, when I searched this data a week or more ago it showed up 23 April into Brisbane but this has slipped a week. This means it's curtains to get an April delivery unless something radically changes.

My order was updated at 6.30pm so somebody must be working back changing orders

That's weird as my SA assured me that because my original RWD order was back in December, I would have priority over brand new orders placed.
I was told exactly the same - that my original order date would stand so I would be near the very front of the queue. Anyway even if not, my change to LR was done with email confirmation by 5:45 pm yesterday and they only released the car for orders late morning so still should be one of the very first. I can't see a huge pent up demand for the LR, unlike last June when there were clearly thousands getting in. Having waited 9 months so far I am getting good at it.

Did either of you ask about the charging cable, do we get one or not?

I was told exactly the same - that my original order date would stand so I would be near the very front of the queue. Anyway even if not, my change to LR was done with email confirmation by 5:45 pm yesterday and they only released the car for orders late morning so still should be one of the very first. I can't see a huge pent up demand for the LR, unlike last June when there were clearly thousands getting in. Having waited 9 months so far I am getting good at it.

I asked, for LR no charging kit.

I think that may very well be the case that you will be ahead in the queue, particularly, if you don't have VIN assigned for your MYP. I do have a VIN. I also don't mind the extra wait if I can get the car I actually wanted. I would be surprised if they would offer charging cable.

I think that may very well be the case that you will be ahead in the queue, particularly, if you don't have VIN assigned for your MYP. I do have a VIN. I also don't mind the extra wait if I can get the car I actually wanted. I would be surprised if they would offer charging cable.
I did have a VIN assigned and an EDD range for delivery starting next Tuesday. They un-assigned my MYP and then assigned a MYLR to my existing reservation. I do see in the Accounts page that the order date is now 4/4/23 not my original date, but I reckon either way I am early in the LR queue.

Same spec for me, ordered early Jan. Hope I get it by June for the same reason. Not looking good at this rate. Turandot was meant to have brought quite a few cars. Based on what I am reading, the cars are stuck in quarantine.
If you had a car on Turandot, you would had a VIN allocation before it docked at Port Kembla (which is where your car will land for an ACT delivery). So you will have a car on a future ship - you can find out which ship after you have a VIN by joining VedaPrime's tracking service on Patreon.
Well worth the modest cost IMHO and very interesting in tracking your vehicle...

How did you get the vessel schedule to display like this? When I threw the details into the MolACE website, I only got a SG to BNE voyage but clearly it's got other places to be as well. I'm acutely aware that this is user error on my part. Tips would be appreciated!

Side note, when I searched this data a week or more ago it showed up 23 April into Brisbane but this has slipped a week. This means it's curtains to get an April delivery unless something radically changes.
Don't worry, you are doing it correctly but the MolAce website sucks big time to producing a schedule. That schedule is from a 3rd party shipper and it's not updated very often, so not very 'live'.

You have to piece together information but this will take you from Fremantle to Brisbane part of the voyage

Shipping Schedules - Dazmac look under Aus to New Zealand Schedule

Once you know the ship and the ports you can often track it with each port's schedule if you really want to but the itinerary should update as things move

or those who have requested to switch from RWD or MYP to LR - I was told today that if my request is approved, I won’t be able to jump the queue for LR. Ordered MYP on Day 1.
Hi Guys,
How did you request to switch from the RWD or MYP to the LR? If I go into my order and "Edit Design" I can only choose the RWD or MYP (I have a RWD on order). There is no LR to select.

Regards,
Stephen