Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

According to Vedaprime's twitter account, Orca Ace is doing the rounds on the West Coast.

I did a quick check, it looks to have left Singapore and took about a week for it to arrive in Perth on 04/04.
Now it's heading towards Adelaide, due to arrive on 09/04
Exciting news for Perth and Adelaide deliveries! Anyone from those two cities had their EDD updated recently?

Yes there is the first MYPs for WA unloaded overnight from the ship. 85 MYPs and 15 YRWD. Very small shipment.
Not complaining as my MYP is in there so hoping for a quick turn around with only 100 Teslas to sort out to clients.
No update to EDD - still April 9-30th, no Delivery Approaching text yet either. I wouldn't read much into timings on this delivery seeing as there is only 100 so might move quicker than a 500 shipment.
BTW more goss over at WA waiting thread. A WA specific thread was created seeing as our shipments are a little different

Quick update of my previous post:
- Don Juan and Morning Crystal are waiting in the waters outside Port of Brisbane, waiting for their number to be called.
- Turandot is just outside Port Phillip Bay. I wouldn't hold my breath, Grande Mirafiori is STILL waiting and it left Port Kembla 7 days ago.
- Morning Cherry left Shanghai 5 days ago and is due to arrive in Brisbane in 5 days (2nd of April)
- Viking Passama is still on track to arrive in Shanghai on the 4th of April.
- Paganella left Port Kembla on the 24th of March, due to arrive back in Shanghai on the the 7th of April for more cars.

Let me know if there is a point in me doing this summary otherwise I can stop.
Pre-Easter Shipping Update:
- Don Juan has unloaded and departed Brisbane. Currently arrived at Port Kembla anchorage awaiting port call.
- Morning Crystal has also left Brisbane and on time to pick up more Teslas in Shanghai via Tianjin on 15/04
- Turandot has been waiting outside Port Philip Bay for well over a week now. No idea what is going on down there but surely it's close now...
- Grande Mirafiori has come and gone since that time, going back to Shanghai. Don't know where this vessel will be going to next, might not be Australia.
- Morning Cherry is now behind. According to: Public Pages its scheduled for the 13/04
- Viking Passama should be docking and loaded with new Teslas in Shanghai today, departing for Brisbane and arriving on 18/04
- Paganella's status is unchanged. Due to arrive in Shanghai on 07/04 for more cars. I don't think they shutdown over Easter so there shouldn't be any interruptions.

Armacup schedule hasn't been updated yet and I assume it won't be updated tomorrow, either, since it's a public holiday and we're lazy here.

- Don Juan has unloaded and departed Brisbane. Currently arrived at Port Kembla anchorage awaiting port call.
- Morning Crystal has also left Brisbane and on time to pick up more Teslas in Shanghai via Tianjin on 15/04
- Turandot has been waiting outside Port Philip Bay for well over a week now. No idea what is going on down there but surely it's close now...
- Grande Mirafiori has come and gone since that time, going back to Shanghai. Don't know where this vessel will be going to next, might not be Australia.
- Morning Cherry is now behind. According to: Public Pages its scheduled for the 13/04
- Viking Passama should be docking and loaded with new Teslas in Shanghai today, departing for Brisbane and arriving on 18/04
- Paganella's status is unchanged. Due to arrive in Shanghai on 07/04 for more cars. I don't think they shutdown over Easter so there shouldn't be any interruptions.

Armacup schedule hasn't been updated yet and I assume it won't be updated tomorrow, either, since it's a public holiday and we're lazy here.

Vicports has pushed the Turandot expected arrival out to the 23rd (was the 7th a few days ago). (src Victorian Ports Corporation - Melbourne)

Just updated a few moments ago:
Asia to Oceania | Armacup

Only change was Turandot dates pushed back and Paglia being added to the schedule for May. The only East Coast port it goes to is Port Kembla which is interesting. Maybe they expect the Brisbane backlogs to be cleared by Morning Cherry, Viking Passama, Morning Crystal and Turandot.

Hey guys. long time Lurker.
I had existing order for Model y RWD for a while - yesterday i saw there was model y RWD balck on black with induction wheel (with less than 50kms) showing up as existing inventory.
Thinking this must be just a stock showing up before it gets assigned to the person who ordered it, i put a deposit against it as an experiment.
Now i have the VIN/ final invoice/ and pickup date as 22 April 2023...

I am not unhappy about it but i was thinking may be i should change my order to LR model y... may be my next car will be LR.

Question here.
I already have a firm date and pickup time setup - is there any way for me to check where the vehicle actually is?

Just and update for any poor soul (like me!) that ordered before the UMC removal but receiving a vehicle after th cut off. Sounds like we will get a credit to cover the cost of purchase. View attachment 923640
When was your vehicle manufactured? My Model 3 was manufactured in February 2023 (delivery in April) and I was told the car includes the UMC. If you are getting a credit, you are not a poor soul at all! This is even better as you can even get the wall connector for just $300 more, if you so wish. I would take the wall connector over the UMC any day.

Reactions: grizzlybear
When was your vehicle manufactured? My Model 3 was manufactured in February 2023 (delivery in April) and I was told the car includes the UMC. If you are getting a credit, you are not a poor soul at all! This is even better as you can even get the wall connector for just $300 more, if you so wish. I would take the wall connector over the UMC any day.
The poor soul comment was more targeted to ordering in June but still waiting on delivery (looks like I might have the lucky honour of being the last June order left in QLD!). Being a little too eager I've already purchased and installed the Wall connector, but will happily get the UMC as well and keep it in the boot.

IMG_1909.jpeg
I’m out people, see you in the apple isle, anyone getting a MYP or LR you will have that much power it’s not funny, after 300km+ day 1 RWD is enough for me.

Hey guys. long time Lurker.
I had existing order for Model y RWD for a while - yesterday i saw there was model y RWD balck on black with induction wheel (with less than 50kms) showing up as existing inventory.
Thinking this must be just a stock showing up before it gets assigned to the person who ordered it, i put a deposit against it as an experiment.

I am not unhappy about it but i was thinking may be i should change my order to LR model y... may be my next car will be LR.

Question here.
I already have a firm date and pickup time setup - is there any way for me to check where the vehicle actually is?
If you really want the LR, don’t settle for the RWD. It’s a car you’ll have for a very long time after all.

You can track with Vedaprime

Reactions: grizzlybear

Question here.
Your best bet is to call Tesla on 1800 686 705 and select existing order and then deliveries. If you have a delivery appointment, it means the car is likely with the logistics company handling transport cars to tesla distribution centres. If LR is what you really wanted then go for it but be prepared to wait a couple of months more. To change your order, you will have to call on the above number as well as I don’t think you will be able to change your order online.