Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MY LR:
1680777920581.png

View attachment 925589I’m out people, see you in the apple isle, anyone getting a MYP or LR you will have that much power it’s not funny, after 300km+ day 1 RWD is enough for me.
I drive a v6 rav4 low 6 secs 0 to 100 and used to drive a Mazda 3 mps turbo about 6 seconds too, it was a beast but the torque steer was scary. The rwd Tesla's are just as fast but refined at the same time.

I drive a v6 rav4 low 6 secs 0 to 100 and used to drive a Mazda 3 mps turbo about 6 seconds too, it was a beast but the torque steer was scary. The rwd Tesla's are just as fast but refined at the same time.
I used to have a Nissan 200SX Turbo with 0 to 100kms in 5.8 sec. I modified it. 5 inch SS exhaust and performance air filter and the car was quicker and growled. Loved the sound of the turbo blow off valve opening. Brave Hilux's, SUVs and taxies used to try to race me. It became tiresome after a while.

The MYP is like driving a spaceship by comparison. No sound, just put your foot down and zip.....you are off. The traffic behind you disappear fast in the rearview mirror. No competition. Also the suspension and handling of the MYP totally outperforms and underrated by many.

I used to have a Nissan 200SX Turbo...

The MYP is like driving a spaceship by comparison. No sound, just put your foot down and zip.....you are off. The traffic behind you disappear fast in the rearview mirror. No competition. Also the suspension and handling of the MYP totally outperforms and underrated by many.
Yes, i'm also one fellow ex Nissan Turbo owner.. I feel much the same.. I will miss the noise and 'eventfulness' of driving loud 'hoon' cars.. but at the same time.. im a much older man now 😅. If i had an unlimited budget, there'd still be a loud ass lambo or GTR in my garage..

In

I wish that were true for me. My EDD is still "Feb-May" with no update on when that might actually be. I am hoping my late-Oct order will be delivered before end of May.

I'm a bit frustrated to be seeing people who ordered months after me are booking delivery dates. Happy for them, but I would Tesla to give me my car now, please.
For what it's worth, I think you have a good chance for May delivery. Going off mine....see sig below. EDD April10-May1

Mine is currently "in transit to our delivery centre". Don't really know what this means as there is no delivery centre in my area. Hope it means on a truck to NQ, but it gets here when it gets here.

Reactions: JonDarian
Anyone else finding that delivered MY’s ,regardless of colour choice, make you rethink your chosen colour? That looks really nice, though not practical colour for me in SEQ!
Yes I do! And always when they are sparkling clean. However I have seen black, grey and blue ones with a coat of dirt on them (generally parked at the supermarket for some reason) and to me it makes them look ordinary. The blue is appealing but we ended up settling on white for practical reasons. I would swap to the Berlin cherry red in an instant if it was offered but it seems light years away from being available ex-Shanghai (needs upgraded paint shop).

Reactions: bev-252
People, I'm thinking about whether I should cancel my RWD order, wait a couple months and see if the new M3P battery would be implemented.
There were some rumors about Model y coming with 65/75 kwh LFP batteries. I wouldn't believe that Tesla would actually put a 75 kWh LFP in RWD MY but I do think 65 kWh is a real possibility

It's a hard decision to make as the current 60 kWh RWD I think has plenty enough range for Australian customers. What worries me is, once that new battery come in, mine months old new Tesla would really drop in value (no way I will consider selling but it will be a *sugar* feeling).

That is the date the Don Juan docked in Brisbane (it's first Australian port) and my RWD's VIN was added to the RAV on that same day also. I'm 99% certain my car was on the Don Juan, so I think your assumption is correct.
I have the same invoice date and same build date. So I'm making the same assumptions as you. :)

Was 20th April your earliest available pickup date?

People, I'm thinking about whether I should cancel my RWD order, wait a couple months and see if the new M3P battery would be implemented.
There were some rumors about Model y coming with 65/75 kwh LFP batteries. I wouldn't believe that Tesla would actually put a 75 kWh LFP in RWD MY but I do think 65 kWh is a real possibility

It's a hard decision to make as the current 60 kWh RWD I think has plenty enough range for Australian customers. What worries me is, once that new battery come in, mine months old new Tesla would really drop in value (no way I will consider selling but it will be a *sugar* feeling).
Am I being greedy? One would expect for Tesla to jack up the price a little bit for the future M3P MY. So maybe the current $72000 60 kWh MY is the sweetspot?

Am I being greedy? One would expect for Tesla to jack up the price a little bit for the future M3P MY. So maybe the current $72000 60 kWh MY is the sweetspot?
A car is a car. The moment you drive out a dealership you are already loosing value. There will always be another newer car around the corner. You’d never buy anything if you keep saying a new one will come out in a few months.

These are not rumours (75 kWh LFP battery for Model Y). They have been confirmed by Tesla as part of "Master plan part 3" available here: https://www.tesla.com/ns_videos/Tesla-Master-Plan-Part-3.pdf

I would not hold my breath though, as these are medium and long-term plans. This leads to the standard buy now or wait for question to which there is no ideal answer.

1680839046507.png

These are not rumours (75 kWh LFP battery for Model Y). They have been confirmed by Tesla as part of "Master plan part 3" available here: https://www.tesla.com/ns_videos/Tesla-Master-Plan-Part-3.pdf

I would not hold my breath though, as these are medium and long-term plans. This leads to the standard buy now or wait for question to which there is no ideal answer.

View attachment 925806
I skimmed through the plan. Interesting to see they are working on a hashback and a bus and majority of the fleet uses LFP battery tech.

Reactions: Davemcd