Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was randomly checking the app and to my surprise, my EDD got updated to June 10 - July 1 so I jumped onto the website and checked for a hidden VIN. Got one. Even the Application for Vehicle Registration form was available and filled in!

HOWEVER... I just checked again and it has disappeared. The EDD has gone back to original Feb-May 2023 so no idea what the hell is going on.
Has this happened to anyone?
There was a big glitch in the assignment of VINS this week. Many appeared and then disappeared. Hopefully it's only a temporary situation and they will sort it in the next few days.

That's reasonable, but remember that some people need to complete the transaction before the end of financial year. Others are keeping an old car alive while waiting for the replacement. Some have sold their old car, and then the replacement is delayed... There are a lot of reasons why it can be difficult to "just get on with your life" when the delays are longer than indicated.
I agree. Selling our current vehicle tomorrow and can’t imagine travelling around regional without a car until Tesla arrives. Going to be a nightmare for sure 😅

May 8-21 became May 8-28. I never had any expectation of delivery in the earlier part of the range, but would really like this to be finished by the end of May. Build date was 21 April. MYRWD, red, white, geminis, Queensland. Ordered late October.
With a build date of 21/04 you have little to no chance of seeing it before the end May. Maybe end of June, maybe even later. Blame Australian ports, they are in a mess.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I am reading the final invoice correctly. I admit I can't understand the way Tesla's EDDs work. I don't even know why different colours and configurations should make that much if a difference.

I don't think I am lucky to wait 7 months for the car, especially when the indications from Tesla were that it would be considerably less. I do feel for you guys who have been stuck waiting a really long time, though. It makes no sense for a June order to still be waiting unless you changed configurations (MYP to MYRWD, for example) or similar. Hopefully cable126 takes delivery early in the predicted date range.

How the hell do you have the same build date, but a totally different delivery window? Did they run out of room and end up putting your car on a different boat? And then decide to row it to save fuel? Stories like yours make me pretty worried that my dates are going to turn out to be another work of fiction, but I can only wait and see.
EDDs are a work of fiction, they literally mean nothing. Always assume that the real delivery date will be past your EDD. If it's not, it will be a nice surprise.
Tesla do not build/fulfil orders in the order they were placed. There is no discernible rhyme or reason to order people get their cars.
Shipping is a nightmare, mainly because of the state of Aussie ports. Tesla is actually doing a lot better in the shipping area than many other auto OEMs. Most shipping issues are out of Tesla's control.

Currently all Shanghai-made cars coming to Australia have the USS sensors installed and active. At the moment, no suggestion of that changing.
Re: delivery: little chance of people have a 3/04 build yet. With the significant and ever-changing port delays it looks like 6 weeks from build to delivery is the absolute minimum.
My personal example has been exceptionally bad: 31/01 build, delivery May 4th.
Thanks mate, my EDD is 4/5 - 21/5

Has anybody bought any Model Y accessories from the Tesla store? I want to get some mudflaps but it says that they aren't compatible with any of my cars, yet I have the Y on order........ Can somebody else please check if they get this same message.

Thank you :)
Yeah, I've ordered a couple of things from there and I think it was the dog hammock that gave me the same message, despite me being in the model Y accessories section... Anyway, hopefully it does fit!

Well you’re more than welcome to hang here!

While you’re here I have a question - what do Hong Kongers think of Chinese brands (BYD etc.)? I’d presume most of them wouldn’t be caught dead in a CCP-Mobile? 😄
I see quite a few of them on the road but they do prefer foreign brands though. Not sure if it’s a CCP thing or just a prestige thing to them. Every 2nd or 3rd car here is a Tesla. The financial and tax incentives to buy electric are huge here as taxes on internal combustion cars are huge as is the cost of fuel which is easily more than double Aussie petrol prices.

Reactions: brend0s and borgsta
Still waiting on my MY although for those waiting with VIN's
Brought a inventory Model 3 I just picked up
Built 10/2
Ordered 23/2.. told only a few weeks away Tesla told me:)
Got stuck for a week every dock.. QLD, NSW then VIC
Docked Melb 7th of April I picked up 21st of April.
70 days in total from built to delivered

Australian Docks are slow and crap
There is still a boat stuck since the 16th of Feb taking up one of three berths in Melb Hoegh Trooper
I just checked still there !! A union member left on the boat during a small fire not moved since.

Still waiting on my MY although for those waiting with VIN's
Brought a inventory Model 3 I just picked up
Built 10/2
Ordered 23/2.. told only a few weeks away Tesla told me:)
Got stuck for a week every dock.. QLD, NSW then VIC
Docked Melb 7th of April I picked up 21st of April.
70 days in total from built to delivered

Australian Docks are slow and crap
There is still a boat stuck since the 16th of Feb taking up one of three berths in Melb Hoegh Trooper
I just checked still there !! A union member left on the boat during a small fire not moved since.
That's a strange way of framing it. My read of that situation is "international shipping corporation Linx has breached it's health and safety obligations and there now needs to be an investigation by the Victorian OHS regulator so that people who work in isolated environments aren't missed in an emergency and injured or killed". Fires on ships (even small ones) can be very dangerous and injure people badly.

The further implication of this is that if anyone is responsible for holding up all our Tesla deliveries coming through the port in Melbourne, it's the Linx company who should run a safer operation (as they are legally required to do).

My EDD just updated from 1/5 - 22/5 to 9/5 - 30/5.
My order is a RWD Black/Silver with 20" Inductions and a build date of 3/4 for NSW.
Given the build date this would seem to line up with Viking Passama that arrives into PK on 8/5 (theoretically).

Also can anyone comment on the quality of the Jowua floor matts, i was looking at ordering a set. More for the back than fron as they look th give pretty good coverage for child related mess in the back seats.

If you have no VIN like my Model Y you get nothing :)
Once you get a car you get an invoice with build date on it.
In between you get a hidden vin.
The invoice can be delayed if you not filled out payment info etc
my Model 3 took a week for invoice.
I have the hidden VIN and then it disappeared. Lucky I screenshotted but it seems pretty useless now.
What can I even do with it since I don't know whether or not it's really "mine"?

Did anyone manage to find out from Tesla whether the glitch yesterday was:

a) Website issue, still ongoing; whereby the VINs and EDD were correct temporarily BUT now the website won't display the rego/dates
[or]
b) They incorrectly assigned phantom VINS that were never meant to be assigned to us....and we're no closer to delivery than this time last month.

I find "B" hard to believe. Not because I don't want it to be true, but how the VINs were created/assigned in the first place?
Unless they doubled-up and assigned the same VIN to multiple people. Bah!

Reactions: bean2006
Thank you! SHame I just ordered the Tesla ones :( However for $30, i will probably get them just for the back. Also they have the boot protectors etc as Tessories is all out of just about everything,

Yeh Tesdaddy seems to have much more in stock at the mo, but a little pricier in some cases. If you're not in a rush, you can get it all off AliExpress anyway. That's where they get their stock from.