Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, you should get another message to schedule the date of pickup (apparently they are giving a few options to choose from).

Yes, there is a chance it will be delayed again. It's relatively common, but obviously being this close gives hope that the date range will stick. My first EDD ends on 21 May, but was revised back into June.

Yes, it is frustrating watching people get build dates and EDDs ahead of you when you ordered before them. You ordered more than two months after me and you build date and EDD range are about a week earlier than mine.
I noticed the same thing. I ordered in September 2022, and my order date updated with the new agreement post price adjustment.
However, my build date was the 3rd April, and just luck of the draw, those with a build date 24th April that got on a later ship, but didn't get held up at port, have received their car earlier.
The
Hi, I just opened my account web page, and my final invoice link is missing.
The car is in Melbourne and in RAV and has VIN. It was on Grand Eagle.
OD on 13/11/23 and Vin on 5/5/23 and RAV on 18/5/23
Does anyone know what this means?
What’s your EDD? Mine arrived on 10th May via Turandot, but is still being cleared or parked as no other comms received from Tesla than getting delayed a couple of times.

Thought I'd post a quick summary of my delivery experience over the weekend for my RWD Y.

Picked up from Chatswood on Saturday afternoon, this must be one of the smaller locations in Australia as they only do 30 deliveries a day which reduces to 15 on Saturday due to test drive commitments, nothing on Sundays. They probably had 30 vehicles ready for delivery which was pretty much full, its not the giant warehouse facilities you normally see..

Car was fully charged, SA walked us around the car then spent about 45 minutes running us through everything. Process wasn't rushed at all and he was super helpful.

My build date was 3/4 and I can confirm it has different suspension to the one we test drove in November. We had a Y with Gemini wheels for an overnight test drive and we drove the same route on Saturday home with ours which has the 20 inch wheels. Noticeable smoother ride with the car feeling a lot more settled over road imperfections. My wife, who had no idea about the suspension changes, commented on the way home that the ride was so much better.

Very happy with the vehicle and worth the wait from November, which really wasn't that long.

Quick tip for those looking to save some $'s on insurance. My vehicles CTP was with NRMA on delivery, if you combine this with the free six month blue membership when taking out comprehensive insurance your discount increases to 7.5% as your comprehensive becomes policy three. Just get your quote in the final few days before delivery. When i did mine the day before I couldn't figure out why the NRMA website was showing me as having two active products, that was why.

Keen to know -->> Is there anyone else on here with a car that was on the Morning Cherry (unloaded 1st of May, Port Kembla) and still waiting (like me)??
I was on Viking Sea, but apart from that we're the same. It's so frustrating for two reasons:
  1. It was unloaded from the ship at the start of May, in a different state, to save time because the Melbourne port was so congested. Meanwhile, ships have since docked and unloaded in Melbourne, and cars have been delivered. I'm still stuck in PK.
  2. Because it's now in the hands of a 3rd party road transporter, there's no way to track it or get any useful information. No way of knowing if you're first or last.
If I was just a bit later with my build completion, and managed to get on a later ship purely by chance, I'd probably have the car by now.

Ivory Arrow and Hoegh Oslo are docked in Port Kembla at the moment.

Queue Order:
Paganella
Dugong Ace
Hoegh Berlin
Frontier Ace
Hoegh Trapper
Elegant Ace
Viking Passama
Dong-A-Glaucos
Salome
Euphrates Highway
Sunlight Ace
Dream Angel
Eridanus Leader
Aphodite Leader
Sirius Highway
Grand Eagle (scheduled for 28 May - I really don't see how they can clear the above ships in 6 days)
Morning Crystal
Hoegh Bangkok
Dream Beauty
Glovis Caravel
Genius Highway
Valiant Ace
Virgo Leader
Orca Ace

LOL good luck with all that. Where are they going to put all the cars?
It's going to take months to get deliver all the cars, not just the Teslas.

Reactions: Power Hungry
Ivory Arrow and Hoegh Oslo are docked in Port Kembla at the moment.

Queue Order:
Paganella
Dugong Ace
Hoegh Berlin
Frontier Ace
Hoegh Trapper
Elegant Ace
Viking Passama
Dong-A-Glaucos
Salome
Euphrates Highway
Sunlight Ace
Dream Angel
Eridanus Leader
Aphodite Leader
Sirius Highway
Grand Eagle (scheduled for 28 May - I really don't see how they can clear the above ships in 6 days)
Morning Crystal
Hoegh Bangkok
Dream Beauty
Glovis Caravel
Genius Highway
Valiant Ace
Virgo Leader
Orca Ace

LOL good luck with all that. Where are they going to put all the cars?
It's going to take months to get deliver all the cars, not just the Teslas.
You missed turandot which is at anchor waiting to berth at brisbane

I was on Viking Sea, but apart from that we're the same. It's so frustrating for two reasons:
  1. It was unloaded from the ship at the start of May, in a different state, to save time because the Melbourne port was so congested. Meanwhile, ships have since docked and unloaded in Melbourne, and cars have been delivered. I'm still stuck in PK.
  2. Because it's now in the hands of a 3rd party road transporter, there's no way to track it or get any useful information. No way of knowing if you're first or last.
If I was just a bit later with my build completion, and managed to get on a later ship purely by chance, I'd probably have the car by now.
Ah, we certainly have some shared frustration. Looks like the Viking Sea docked a day after the Morning Cherry at PK, so we're likely both still sitting pretty close to each other in that lovely corrosive salty air week after week.

I have a friend in Melbourne (also ordered around the same time in 2022), picked up their Y in Melbourne on Saturday, processed within about 10 days in Port Melbourne. You're so right, a later build date/ship arriving in Melbourne would've had us with our hands on our Ys by now it appears.

I'm pretty sure the Tesla logistics team would have some more granular visibility into the schedule of daily movements, and continuous truck bookings, as well as where we are in the queue/backlog from PK. Transparency in logistics has come a long with in digital self service etc, and has certainly reduced customer anxiety during wait times in the world of online shopping -- which is kind of what buying a Tesla is >> I bought the ModelY in the same way I buy a MacBook/iPhone... it's another tech device (at least, that's customer experience they have designed).

Reactions: Raven01
Hi, I just opened my account web page, and my final invoice link is missing.
The car is in Melbourne and in RAV and has VIN. It was on Grand Eagle.
OD on 13/11/23 and Vin on 5/5/23 and RAV on 18/5/23 and EDD of 22may - 12 june
Does anyone know what this means?
Hopefully they are just reissuing your final final final invoice. Was there anything that might have changed like trade-in details, making a payment, etc?