Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to preface this with, I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. I don't see it happening on the 11th because that would mean PK gets through 9 ships (without delay) before they get to the eagle. I hope they do, to prove me wrong though
Exactly. Although to be fair, looks like two vehicles carriers can dock at a time in the Port and both currently docked are scheduled to depart tomorrow. I suppose if they do leave tomorrow, we are down to 7 ships and game on. Still not liking the chances to stick to the schedule 🙄

Does the PK anchorage area does mean they are next in line or it's just a defined anchorage spot. There are 8 defined spots for ships waiting for PK and the 3 most northern spots (north of Bulli) are for ships waiting for Port Botany

Last edited:
I also see some discrepancies between the AAT pdf document and the PK website:

Fujitrans World, Salome and Orca Ace are all BEFORE Grand Eagle on the PK website but on the AAT pdf, they're after.
Fujitrans World is also entered as Fujitsu World on the pdf if you have a closer look. Who knows what to believe anymore 🤷‍♂️
So pretty much DREAM BEAUTY and EUPHRATES HIGHWAY in the queue ahead of GE once SUNLIGHT ACE moves out. Doable. C'mon port guys!

I want to preface this with, I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. I don't see it happening on the 11th because that would mean PK gets through 9 ships (without delay) before they get to the eagle. I hope they do, to prove me wrong though
If we go by AAT pdf, chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.aaterminals.com.au/wp-content/uploads/document//PK%20Berthing%20Schedule%20050623.pdf Grand Eagle is 4th in the queue starting from Sunlight Ace for the dock 105. The 5 other vehicle carrier ships are in line of the dock 107. Hope that gives us all hope that the schedule is realistic

If we go by AAT pdf, chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.aaterminals.com.au/wp-content/uploads/document//PK%20Berthing%20Schedule%20050623.pdf Grand Eagle is 4th in the queue starting from Sunlight Ace for the dock 105. The 5 other vehicle carrier ships are in line of the dock 107. Hope that gives us all hope that the schedule is realistic
1685942585671.png

For PK, looking at last week's unloading schedule, e.g., Viking Passima took 6 days to actually unload. This week's schedule is so much more optimistic than that.

Why? Who knows. Maybe PK was understaffed, or some boats are very full, or cars are being held up in quarantine, etc. I'll be looking to see whether e.g., Sunlight Ace actually leaves tomorrow based on today's PDF, which'd be an incredible turnaround.

For PK, looking at last week's unloading schedule, e.g., Viking Passima took 6 days to actually unload. This week's schedule is so much more optimistic than that.

Why? Who knows. Maybe PK was understaffed, or some boats are very full, or cars are being held up in quarantine, etc. I'll be looking to see whether e.g., Sunlight Ace actually leaves tomorrow based on today's PDF, which'd be an incredible turnaround.
Yard congestion is a huge factor here.

Reactions: undefined_boat
What is everyone doing for insurance? Only GIO Platinum have Lifetime New for Old Replacement. That seems like it might be worth having as supposedly any damage to the battery makes the car a write off. Problem is, Budget Direct is literally half the price.

Although PK website suggests grand eagle will dock at AAT PORT KEMBLA TERMINAL (106) which then changes everything 🤦🏻‍♂️ EMMA OLDENDORFF, FUJITRANS WORLD and ORCA ACE are scheduled for that terminal while CHIPOL TAIAN is already parked there. Now I can see Sunlight Ace is not leaving till day after so I think we can safely expect 3-5 days delays. Hope I am wrong.

What is everyone doing for insurance? Only GIO Platinum have Lifetime New for Old Replacement. That seems like it might be worth having as supposedly any damage to the battery makes the car a write off. Problem is, Budget Direct is literally half the price.
I’m going with NRMA. Not saying they are the best but I do get a 20% locality discount with them. So one of the better priced options with a few extras.
Battery warranty is 8 years, but I don’t expect to keep it that long. As for damage, well hopefully that will never happen but that’s what insurance is for.