Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,
I want to give back for keeping me company throughout these months waiting.

OD 28 July 2022
Was on Feb May forever, until one day I received the SMS. 11 months wait.

Took the delivery Yesterday.
Solid Black RWD MY
Black interior 19' Gemini,
Build date April 2023
Vin was available 4/05/2023
Pick up at Port Melbourne.
LFP battery. Car was at 80% charge.

Few points to note (especially if you are leasing):
- Make sure you sort out the leasing documents. Double check that everything is ready to go, Insurance is the most important
- Call Tesla to check the Rego and your license is good to go.
- Once that done, check the VIN for rego (in Victoria, we use the Vicroads rego check site). If you have rego there, thats 95% done. The rest is pick up day.> https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/reg...cle-registration/vehicle-registration-enquiry
- Be Patient. It's worth it.

My car has front and rear USS, Matrix Headlight, HW3, no Mobile Charger, no cargo cover, they give you Screen Wipe cloth also.
The rego plate mount is universal. They check you in, give you a folder with your rego document and vin printed from Vicroads, the tesla wallet with 2 keycards, and a smile.

No blemishes, rattles, build quality is excellent. Better than my previous european cars.
I dont put PPF, been there done that. I want to enjoy the car for me and not the guardian for the next owner. One thing, I put the mud flap immediately before leaving the site. Will do my own Ceramic coating,I heard the Turthe Wax Hybrid is pretty good for 40 bucks.

I will enjoy one of the best cars I own. In my age, not many "stuff" gave me this joy for owning it. The Tesla My is one of the few that does this.

See you on the Model Y owner thread!
Happy for you mate!
One day, it'll be our turn.

Reactions: satred
Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 12.50.40 pm.png

Apparently...?

Reactions: bean2006
Hi Tesla, my order number is RN … I received your email on port congestion. While I understand Tesla can’t do much about it, I would appreciate Tesla prioritising delivery of my car from port to delivery centre before (or after) EOFY to accommodate tax changes impacting my order
Hi there, tried the suggested approach, for those also in the same boat as me who need their car before EOFY or Urgently. The staff member at tesla advised they have no control over what is prioritised and they only just find out when the service centre gets advised by the courier.

For me my ODD was April to June, then 26 May to 16 June and now 12 June to 30 June.

Fingers crossed it arrives before EOYF

Hi there, tried the suggested approach, for those also in the same boat as me who need their car before EOFY or Urgently. The staff member at tesla advised they have no control over what is prioritised and they only just find out when the service centre gets advised by the courier.

For me my ODD was April to June, then 26 May to 16 June and now 12 June to 30 June.

Fingers crossed it arrives before EOYF
Yup, I tried the same over the phone and the same response that they don't have any control. Looks like most of them (Tesla reps) don't have the info that we are gathering from this community.

• Informative
Reactions: JonDarian
What the actual F&*k?
PK schedule got updated:
https://www.aaterminals.com.au/wp-content/uploads/document//PK Berthing Schedule 080623.pdf
Grand Eagle is now due to dock on Wednesday 14th of June.
They've given Euphrates Highway 5 full days to unload.
Actual F&*ks are the only F&*ks worth giving 😀
But, yeah, that sucks pretty hard when so many other vehicles carriers have been able to offload in about a day. I guess it's another symptom of the system being jammed up, but that is no consolation for those waiting for their cars.

Moderators Note:
Please avoid using the F bomb, even in a disguised form.
This Forum is based in the USA and sensitivities around blue language vary between countries.
I am leaving these up for now but may be forced to pull these posts if I receive complaints.
You can prevent your posts being removed or actions taken against your accounts by being a bit more considerate with your language.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the actual F&*k?
PK schedule got updated:
https://www.aaterminals.com.au/wp-content/uploads/document//PK Berthing Schedule 080623.pdf
Grand Eagle is now due to dock on Wednesday 14th of June.
They've given Euphrates Highway 5 full days to unload.
I guess that is what they are referring to as port congestion. Same happened with Viking Passama & Elegant Ace before where it took 5 days. Now with Euphrates Highway Berth 105 & Hoegh Bangkok berth 107. EOFY....:rolleyes:

Hoping someone may be able to help point me in the right direction. I've searched the register of approved vehicles with my vehicles vin number and it says 18/05/2023. Is that the date the vehicle arrived in AUS? Or am I way off and it may still be on a vessel?