Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What ships from Shanghai will arrive in Australia in this Month not found in Armacup website?
Hopefully someone will reply
Only Vedaprime knows for sure, he tracks all Tesla ships coming to Australia / NZ.

Anything else is guesswork from the Armacup schedule and the occasional lucky hit on the molace site, but it misses the dedicated charter ships from other shipping companies.

Reactions: t3sla-007
FWIW the Brisbane port schedule PDF seems pretty adamant that Grand Eagle will dock on the 18th. That's what uncongested ports look like, I think.

So hoping the 14th for Sydney is good (it's only Euphrates Highway unloading over the weekend), leave 16th, up to Brisbane for all y'all.
I wish. The actual schedule has it docking on the evening of the 21st.
For those keeping count... Grande Florida needs to leave and Virgo Leader, Trans Future 5, Viking Paglia, Tirranna and Morning Cherry need to dock before Grand Eagle. They seem to have only allocated a small shift for Grand Eagle which could mean not many cars are being unloaded from it?

Source: https://www.aaterminals.com.au/wp-content/uploads/document//Berth Schedule 09-06-2023.pdf

My EDD changed from 11-30 June to 19 Jun to 10 July now... Brisbane
Mine has also changed from "June 10 - July 1" to "June 19 - July 10" (Brisbane)

Reactions: MYLRSC
2 days ago on Saturday, I picked up my Model Y at the Mulgrave delivery centre. I ordered on 13/11/22 and after 210 days it finally arrived.
For those that it might help I will try to describe the delivery process as best as I can.
I arrived at my delivery time at 9.30 am. As I walked in there were plenty of Teslas, basically, all model Y's that still had all their protective stickers still on, that had been parked to the side of the delivery centre, waiting to be detailed.
I walked in and the centre was very spacious. I was told to wait in the queue at the reception where there were 3 other groups who were qued.
They told me to first accept delivery and then they showed me the way to my car.
The warehouse was full of probably 100 Model y's with only one performance in view, the majority of the cars were white and black with only a few reds and blues. There are definitely a lot of model Ys, I had never seen this many cars that are the same brand, same model, same colour cars standing uniformly like soldiers.
The Tesla worker then showed me how to set up the Tesla, and hurried away, as there were many people to attend to. They definitely need a bit more staff to manage the customers requiring assistance on how to set up the vehicle, but the staff was friendly and offered to take pictures.
The build quality was extremely well, I would say it was probably the same or better than German cars and my own 2017 Mazda! There were no panel gaps and the gaps between the panels were very small, the paint was perfect and no issues with the interior.
The car also smelled nice of a new car smell.
The car had ultrasonic sensor and no charger included.
Overall the delivery process for me was around 30 mins, but that's because I took my time and thoroughly checked the car.

Good luck to those still waiting, it will be soon as there are many tesla entering and leaving the delivery centre!

For those keeping count... Grande Florida needs to leave and Virgo Leader, Trans Future 5, Viking Paglia, Tirranna and Morning Cherry need to dock before Grand Eagle. They seem to have only allocated a small shift for Grand Eagle which could mean not many cars are being unloaded from it?

Source: https://www.aaterminals.com.au/wp-content/uploads/document//Berth Schedule 09-06-2023.pdf

Ah, this got updated since it's not a holiday in QLD today.

We in NSW just have to wait a day to see if anything is happening re: the schedule. Boats seem to have moved today, though.

Is yours on grand eagle and pick up Brisbane?

Same here. EDD changed to May - June From Apr - Jun.

Melbourne, OD 15/4/23
Ordered 25th of March

Still no update Turandot should be on the way to Melbourne base on Armacup estimated arrival in Melbourne 24 June

Hopefully our Tesla will be in Turandot

Not sure when we will receive an updated ETA if our Tesla in Turandot

Reactions: YSooSerious
I agree, it is horrid...in fact I'd run a mile if I went to a showroom with a ribbon on a car. Thankfully has never happened..2 new cars in last 10 years and somehow they knew not to put a ribbon on.
Some people seem to love it though. I have a land cruiser and the number of (mostly young) people who are getting reamed on their finance plan who seem to love the whole photo shoot with ribbons at the dealer is amazing.

In Sydney NSW - looks like my EDD range changed from June 11-30 to June 17-July 8 :(

I really hope Grand Eagle don’t get more delays and actually docks tomorrow. Does anyone know how long will it take for the car to be ready to pick up once it boards off the ship?

In Sydney NSW - looks like my EDD range changed from June 11-30 to June 17-July 8 :(

I really hope Grand Eagle don’t get more delays and actually docks tomorrow. Does anyone know how long will it take for the car to be ready to pick up once it boards off the ship?
That's hard to predict. 1-3 weeks is common, but port congestion, quarantine problems or delivery centre limitations can all cause delays. Tesla say that they aim to send you and update about one week before your expected delivery. If you haven't heard anything, I guess you can assume it will be at least one more week.

Spoke to Tesla yesterday about my car on Grand Eagle. They are aiming to and are confident about getting them delivered before EOFY, provided the ship isn't delayed any further. This is for Canberra. Time will tell if it comes true. My EDD changed this morning to June 17 - July 8 for the LR.

• Funny
Reactions: Elite Display