Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is normal, and would be stated in any trade in contract. If the car is worse then they will knock off more $$$
Quote "Estimates are valid for 30 days, however, these are only estimates and Tesla is NOT providing a formal offer to purchase the vehicle at the provided estimated value.

Final Offers are valid for 60 days or 1,500 additional kms once provided by Tesla."

Quote "Subject to the terms and conditions herein, Tesla Motors Australia, Pty Ltd ACN 142 889 816, ABN 68 142 889 816 (Tesla, us, we, our) will apply the positive amount credited as Net Trade-In Value (Item C above) toward the purchase price of the Vehicle to be Purchased. If the Trade-In Vehicle will not be delivered to Tesla until delivery of the Vehicle to be Purchased to Buyer (you, your), the Trade-In Vehicle may be reappraised by us at that time. The reappraised value shall determine the value of the “Tesla Vehicle Trade-In” indicated as a credit on your Motor Vehicle Order Agreement (Order Agreement). If the reappraised value is lower than the Net Trade-In Value set forth above, and such lower value is not due to damage, alteration or deterioration to the Trade-In Vehicle incurred after the original valuation, you may cancel your Order Agreement, provided title in the Vehicle to be Purchased has not been transferred to you."

Quote "Estimates are valid for 30 days, however, these are only estimates and Tesla is NOT providing a formal offer to purchase the vehicle at the provided estimated value.

Final Offers are valid for 60 days or 1,500 additional kms once provided by Tesla."

Quote "Subject to the terms and conditions herein, Tesla Motors Australia, Pty Ltd ACN 142 889 816, ABN 68 142 889 816 (Tesla, us, we, our) will apply the positive amount credited as Net Trade-In Value (Item C above) toward the purchase price of the Vehicle to be Purchased. If the Trade-In Vehicle will not be delivered to Tesla until delivery of the Vehicle to be Purchased to Buyer (you, your), the Trade-In Vehicle may be reappraised by us at that time. The reappraised value shall determine the value of the “Tesla Vehicle Trade-In” indicated as a credit on your Motor Vehicle Order Agreement (Order Agreement). If the reappraised value is lower than the Net Trade-In Value set forth above, and such lower value is not due to damage, alteration or deterioration to the Trade-In Vehicle incurred after the original valuation, you may cancel your Order Agreement, provided title in the Vehicle to be Purchased has not been transferred to you."
So final offers happen after their online assessments? And these are the trade in values that they can alter at whim on final delivery whilst allowing you to cancel your order?

And these are the trade in values that they can alter at whim on final delivery whilst allowing you to cancel your order?
Basically. If the reappraisal value is less than what you were quoted you have the option of cancelling the order agreement.

However if the reappraised value is due to damage, alteration, deterioration, possibly this gives Tesla ground for it to cancel the order agreement or remove the trade in from the invoice but it does not actually say that.

Last edited:
So our Tesla contact today said they are apparently prioritising cars for people they know will cancel if they cannot get for EOFY. They said the best hope to get it from Grand Eagle in time is to pay for it in full now. They still wont guarantee delivery pre-EOFY and have said they will refund if it doesn't arrive in time.
Not keen to go through that outlay and wait for a possible refund - sounds like a nightmare! Anyone else been told this?

I've been crawling these boards for the last day or so and what I'm concluding is the Estimated Delivery range quoted when ordering a vehicle is complete BS? Current orders are quoting Jun-Aug delivery for MY RWD, from the history of these boards this ETA (<3mths) has never been achieved.

So our Tesla contact today said they are apparently prioritising cars for people they know will cancel if they cannot get for EOFY. They said the best hope to get it from Grand Eagle in time is to pay for it in full now. They still wont guarantee delivery pre-EOFY and have said they will refund if it doesn't arrive in time.Not keen to go through that outlay and wait for a possible refund - sounds like a nightmare! Anyone else been told this?

No way am I forking over 75k without knowing which year I'm getting the car.

With interest rates at 5.5% on savings accounts alone, no thanks. Who knows how bad the backlog of Sydney cars they have to deliver is.

If that means I fall to the back of some secret Tesla que, so be it - but I'm not buying that.

Last edited:
I've been crawling these boards for the last day or so and what I'm concluding is the Estimated Delivery range quoted when ordering a vehicle is complete BS? Current orders are quoting Jun-Aug delivery for MY RWD, from the history of these boards this ETA (<3mths) has never been achieved.
You are probably in the middle of a 3 month window of batch produced orders.

Meaning you can order today, and someone else order in a month's time, and you will both get the car at the same time.

This is a guess only, I nor anyone here has any way of truly knowing.

Reactions: houdini
You are probably in the middle of a 3 month window of batch produced orders.

Meaning you can order today, and someone else order in a month's time, and you will both get the car at the same time.

This is a guess only, I nor anyone here has any way of truly knowing.
Yeah, I guess my point was the EDD is extremely unlikely and unrealistic if I ordered today to receive the car by end of August. That’s based on what everyone is saying with their experiences over the last 6 months. It’s also curious that I ordered 4 weeks ago with EDD of Jul-Sep which is further out than new orders.

It’s also curious that I ordered 4 weeks ago with EDD of Jul-Sep which is further out than new orders.
Exactly, it's a crapshoot.

Some lucky ones received within the original given EDD because they ordered at the tail-end of Tesla's secret batch production window.

Others, as you have pointed out, have not. Whether that's due to being at the top of the demand/production capability bell curve is yet to be seen. You could be ordering at the bottom of the curve and get your car sooner and within your EDD.

Granted of course the ports get cleaned up.

Not helpful I know, but I would temper your expectations so that an on time delivery is a welcome surprise

So our Tesla contact today said they are apparently prioritising cars for people they know will cancel if they cannot get for EOFY. They said the best hope to get it from Grand Eagle in time is to pay for it in full now. They still wont guarantee delivery pre-EOFY and have said they will refund if it doesn't arrive in time.
I highly doubt this, but maybe the cynic in me.

If anyone else calls tesla, please can you ask the question.....and backup this claim.

Reactions: Red Man
It won't affect me because I am taking delivery before EOFY or nothing, I was just wondering what the difference would be, because I was assuming the date would be the only thing to change.
I am same as you. My fear now is that this delivery date is going to be close to EOFY and I want to know...

IF they state a delivery date, is that cast in stone or do they move? I really dont want to be in a situation that they move delivery to July after having paid...

I am same as you. My fear now is that this delivery date is going to be close to EOFY and I want to know...

IF they state a delivery date, is that cast in stone or do they move? I really dont want to be in a situation that they move delivery to July after having paid...
Cast is stone? HaHaha! Oh, hell no! About the only thing cast in stone is that the date will move, and move, and move again. I paid at the start of May. I still don't know for sure where my car physically is (it's on the truck, honest!), or whether it will arrive on the 26th or after June 30.

Do, however, ensure they know if you can't take delivery after EOFY. Do it in writing so you have some recourse when they try to force you later. I don't believe it will have any effect on actually getting the car on time, though. It sure didn't for me.

Reactions: thesra_maybe