Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't @ me :)

MY RWD black / black
Order Date: 18 May
EDD: Jul - Sep
25/06 revised EDD 24/06 - 15/7
26/06 delivery time booked for 28/06
Had the mad scramble to get financer to complete agreements and settle final invoice, and for that to clear with Tesla (all happened today).

Very lucky to have obviously received a cancelled order, thankyou to whoever that was :). Obviously exceeded expectations to receive the vehicle before the original EDD window, I'm sure if I wasn't allocated a cancelled order I'd be waiting beyond the original EDD like everyone else. All the Tesla Reps have been polite and helpful, perhaps I've been lucky with this also. Whilst I'm not over the line yet (pickup tomorrow), only a failed Uber to the delivery centre stands in the way. I wish you all the very best, and thanks for all the insightful information.

On Grand Eagle, no delivery date yet. EDD to Canberra moved back today to 1-22 July (from 6-27 July).
I was hoping someone on the forum here would get my cancelled order, hence I shared my VIN. Shame you didn't get it. I guess once they assign a VIN, you are stuck with it. I think cancellations go to someone who is still waiting for a VIN. Mine never appeared on inventory. Inventory vehicles seem to be snapped up like hot cakes lately with EOFY stuff.

I was hoping someone on the forum here would get my cancelled order, hence I shared my VIN. Shame you didn't get it. I guess once they assign a VIN, you are stuck with it. I think cancellations go to someone who is still waiting for a VIN. Mine never appeared on inventory. Inventory vehicles seem to be snapped up like hot cakes lately with EOFY stuff.
Ha, I was hoping I'd get it too! :D
But hopefully my car isn't too far away.

Are there still people who dont have a delivery date but were on grand eagle?
Yep. Ordered in Nov 22.

Got the "prepare for delivery" SMS on 15th June - day after GE docked at Port Kembla. EDD keeps shifting since. Lost count at 11x (including 2x yesterday). EDD shifted as far Aug 21, but currently it's listed as June 28 - July 19 (changed again at lunch today).

At least it's not Aug anymore.....

• Funny
Reactions: Epping2023
some still listed over $100k
Yes I know. They are hoping that people don't look at Tesla inventory.

They must be desperate or dumb to pay over the odds🤣 🤣
One example
Inclusive of on road costs = $96260 drive away and its a 2022 as well. 🤣 🤣

Screen Shot 2023-06-27 at 7.16.45 pm.png

Last edited:
For all those people waiting on grand eagle cars.

Alexandria are processing 70 cars a car, with some days 140 however, but end of this week....only for EOFY.

To be honest, when I was there, I thought if needed, and a few extra hands, they could have handled more. But. The limit seems to be the transports of cars coming into alexandria, I saw one arrive...and time it takes to unload...and move on probably all adds up.

Note, when they get the cars, at the alexandria they wash and clean them and give them a "carbon care" type ceramic coating, but it isn;t like a full on ceramic coating, but something else. I didn't quite see the bottle they were using. It was a white creamy lotion they were rubbing in.

I am always a bit suspicious on this, do other car dealers do this before delivery? I was expecting a quick wash, nothing else. This was a decent polish.

• Informative
Reactions: Epping2023