Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...I am writing an update, as a few things have been at play.

Had some issues trying to sort out the car in time for a trip I had planned for the family a long time ago. Alas, the car will only arrive the week after.

Anyway.

Deposit paid: November 2022
Car: Model Y RWD
Colour: Blue
Finance: Novated Lease
Delivery: Chatswood (Sydney)
Original EDD: Feb-May
RAV: 23 May 2023
Carrier: Morning Crystal
Final Revised EDD: 17 July - 8 August
Pick up booked: 18 July.

End of June I saw plenty of people receiving texts for scheduling their car for pick up, from both Grand Eagle and Morning Crystal folk. I patiently waited but alas, nothing was coming up until I couldnt stand it anymore and emailed my SA. She escalated it and confirmed that my car was on its way to the delivery centre, however, it'll only arrive there on the 17th July. So my text came through shortly after that and booked in 18th July straight away. Alas, the car couldn't be here on time for our trip the to Blue Mountains from 10th-14th. It was booked way in advanced to test the car out on a trip with charging and everything else. Bummer there. Good news is that isn't further delays (I HOPE).

The other problem was the trade in. The last quote takes me as far as 15th July. So I asked if they could extend this to the 18th - to coincide with the pick up of the new car. Response I received complaining about how I kept delaying (this was not nice) and if its provided later than the quoted period, it'll be $3k less. They also began to state that it doesn't matter when I hand the car over now, the market has tanked and will be $3k less. I said I dont understand as the quote should be honoured with the dates provided (since I had declined other trade in channels). Fortunately they responded the following day and said they will honour the original quote. But due to my trip, I have to hand it in tomorrow.

In summary, I've had to scramble to find a spare car from family (super inconvenient for them, but they were very accommodating) for our trip next week and until the collection of the car.

I can't wait and really am looking forward to the new car. But those port congestions and delays really smashed my original plans - I can't wait for it to pass. And the price reductions from Sunday feels like a good compromise and so in the end, it's played out well enough.

/rantover

Hi guys, hoping to receive my MYR this month and trying to finalise my novated lease.

Lease lab are telling me that I can claim and be reimbursed accessories including mats, paint protection, charging cables, tow bar etc after getting the car. However Positive Salary Packaging (PSP) are saying they can only include accessories if purchased before car arrives and as long I send them the invoices and the costs are included up front in the financed amount and the invoice is addressed to the finance company with my details noted as the recipient.

Has anyone else been successfully reimbursed for these types of accessories purchased after the car arrives like Lease Lab are suggesting and even if they do allow it is this a potential issue if the ATO decides to audit?? PSP are telling me this is illegal and should be avoided but lease lab seem happy to let you claim anything except wall charger as reimbursements.

Also has anyone successfully manged to get Tesla to issue an invoice for charging cable's or other accessories addressed to a finance company??

cheers for any advice

Update:
Ended up ordering a very similar spec from inventory this morning. I'm presuming it was on the Don Juan to Brisbane as went into RAV just today (when it went up on inventory I guess?)

Pearl White RWD
20inch induction (opposed to the 19's I had originally).

I've contacted Tesla to see if they'll refund the original vanilla order that has yet to be assigned a VIN (overt or hidden). They're going to get back to me after escalating it. Very similar to previous described here, but the precedence makes me think it should be ok (if I'm lucky). Overall, car is in Australia though!

EDD: July 17th to August 7th

Mine is strange as well, I ordered on 27/05 and received an SMS on 30/06 to schedule a delivery date (scheduled 13/07) despite no VIN at all anywhere. Today, the VIN suddenly appeared in my app, and I checked the RAV; the entry date is 18/05/2023. I guess someone cancelled the order, and I got it assigned.
I’d say you’re correct. My RAV was also 18th May so I’d say yours was on the Grand Eagle. I ordered 18 May (coincidence) and picked up June 28, obviously a cancelled order as yours would have been too.

Hi guys, hoping to receive my MYR this month and trying to finalise my novated lease.

Lease lab are telling me that I can claim and be reimbursed accessories including mats, paint protection, charging cables, tow bar etc after getting the car. However Positive Salary Packaging (PSP) are saying they can only include accessories if purchased before car arrives and as long I send them the invoices and the costs are included up front in the financed amount and the invoice is addressed to the finance company with my details noted as the recipient.

Has anyone else been successfully reimbursed for these types of accessories purchased after the car arrives like Lease Lab are suggesting and even if they do allow it is this a potential issue if the ATO decides to audit?? PSP are telling me this is illegal and should be avoided but lease lab seem happy to let you claim anything except wall charger as reimbursements.

Also has anyone successfully manged to get Tesla to issue an invoice for charging cable's or other accessories addressed to a finance company??

cheers for any advice
What I was told, those accessories needs to be itemize to the final invoice which I doubt Tesla can do it. I asked Novated Lease people as well about if buying software upgrades after the car arrived which are not possible. Those Enhance Auto Pilot and Self Driving need to be ordered together when ordering the car so it will be in one invoice as well. I'm still waiting until I get the car to order the UMC because according one of the people I can claim it as accessories/replacement part for the car.

Reactions: catham8
Yes, insurance seems to be all around the 2-2.5k mark :( part of the expense of owning a Tesla I guess. At least not having to service the car offsets some of that annual cost. I went with GIO Platinum as I am suckered in by their Lifetime New for Old Replacement 🤣
Am I missing something? My quote for a MYLR as of a few seconds ago from Allianz is ~$1.1k (clean record, 15k km, garaged, no <25, excess free windshield, choice of repairer, $2000 excess).

Last edited:
Going to put this out there. Maxxia sucks as a NL company.
My MY SR was booked for delivery tomorrow. I gave notice to the NL on Friday last week that it was good to pay and proceed.
Tesla then reduced the prices (very grateful). I had to wait until Tuesday until the new final invoice was issued.
The NL sent me a new lease document on Tuesday afternoon. Signed and sent back within 30mins.
Then Wednesday afternoon at 4pm I get an email from the NL consultant. I needed to reapply for financial approval due to 6 months lapsing (Dec 22). I completed by 5pm.
The last 24 hours has been frustrating. Radio silence, wouldn’t respond to my emails. In the meantime, Tesla have given me a deadline of 12pm today to settle or lose my delivery spot tomorrow.
Is it unreasonable that I’m cranky about the last minute reapplication? Shouldn’t they have sorted this like a month ago when it actually expired?
It’s been made worse by their lack of communication. I’m bombarding them with calls and emails. I get the sense their patience with me is wearing thin. I’m ready to tear the consultant (Maxxia) a new one. I’m down a car as of today. And of course disappointed after waiting 7 months to have this taken away (even if briefly) is infuriating.

That's terrible by the NL company. There maybe some consultation in the fact that there are a lot more cars in inventory now:

Screenshot_20230707-121100.png

Going to put this out there. Maxxia sucks as a NL company.
My MY SR was booked for delivery tomorrow. I gave notice to the NL on Friday last week that it was good to pay and proceed.
Tesla then reduced the prices (very grateful). I had to wait until Tuesday until the new final invoice was issued.
The NL sent me a new lease document on Tuesday afternoon. Signed and sent back within 30mins.
Then Wednesday afternoon at 4pm I get an email from the NL consultant. I needed to reapply for financial approval due to 6 months lapsing (Dec 22). I completed by 5pm.
The last 24 hours has been frustrating. Radio silence, wouldn’t respond to my emails. In the meantime, Tesla have given me a deadline of 12pm today to settle or lose my delivery spot tomorrow.
Is it unreasonable that I’m cranky about the last minute reapplication? Shouldn’t they have sorted this like a month ago when it actually expired?
It’s been made worse by their lack of communication. I’m bombarding them with calls and emails. I get the sense their patience with me is wearing thin. I’m ready to tear the consultant (Maxxia) a new one. I’m down a car as of today. And of course disappointed after waiting 7 months to have this taken away (even if briefly) is infuriating.
I was lucky and missed the 6 months limit for re-apply the NL. I feel for you. I was chased by Tesla for the payment that are sent by NL and glad it was paid yesterday as I checked my app so I'm ready for tomorrow

Reactions: Ryan07
I just signed up with GIO Platinum for $2362/year. Had to increase the voluntary excess to $400 to get that price so that’s $1645 excess I believe.
Really?? I went with AAMI, my normal insurer and paid $892 pa.

Given that I never claim, and the Tesla is hard to steal, I went with the additional excess of $1,550. I always do that anyway. Makes a huge difference.

MY RWD, Blue, Induction, Ordered 22/1/23, Built 24/4/23, RAV 18/5/23, EDD Jul 6-27, Jul 1-22, Delivery Jul 6, SYD