Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Bowing out shortly as I took delivery this afternoon.
My finance settled yesterday with Maxxia. Money settled with Tesla overnight.
I was booked for delivery on Friday, but rang Tesla at 9am this morning and they kindly brought forward my delivery to this afternoon. Very grateful for their flexibility given I was down a car.

Some first impressions:

• Autopilot. Loved it. It disengaged a few times due to me being too controlling of the car (perhaps low on trust initially). Got a good run in the dark up the M1 and performed perfectly.
• handling. It handled well. Suspension is fine. Anyone who says it’s rough are being picky (would say more). It was quiet and smooth.
• Sound. Love it! Sound system is so good, clear and loud haha.
•Delivery. Good experience, was shown how to drive the vehicle, inducted by the rep. Easy. I did find some microscratches on the bonnet and they buffed the car again whilst I was there. Not perfect but close enough (the car will pick up these scratches as I wash it, so let it go).
• Acceleration. It’s plenty enough and some (I took delivery of a basic model Y). To those who comment ‘oh, I need a LR or Performance because it reassures me overtaking someone’. I call… bullshit 😂 if that’s what convinces your wife to let you spend the extra $’s then good luck. I’d love the extra power for my ego, but I can’t justify it. But good luck to you fancy folk who can afford it 🤑
• referral code. Just to stir up the crowd, PM me if you want a referral code (kidding, but seriously PM me for a good Tesla time)
• Thank you. To all the contributors who have educated on the process and to the forum moderators. It has been a great way to pass the time and learn everything we need to know.

Anyone, please PM me if you have any questions on the ordering, delivery or ownership experience. Happy to share as others have before me.

It is a great vehicle and it’s a great community to be part of. Take care and ‘happy charging’ 😉

Thank you Cafz! I'm planning on the Broadway supercharger, typically on Thursday, arriving between 8.30am to 10.00am (and probably mostly around the 9.30am mark). A huge thanks if you can clue me in to how busy it is! :)
9am is when the app says it changes from "most chargers available" to "some chargers available". It's also the time of day when the price rises from 44c/kWh to 67c/kW, so if you can get there by 8:30 it looks like it'll be worth your while.

Screenshot_20230713-004327.png

I'd chase the financier ASAP.

I was just about to order, and was talking to a chap from Tesla, and specifically asked how payment works because I'm going with alternate finance too.

From what was explained to me yesterday, the finance payment needs to be made at least 2 days prior to pick-up date (I'm guessing Tesla need time to verify receipt of payment etc.).
Thanks again. I've chased up the financier and they've paid it yesterday, and today the payment is all cleared. So pickup today, hopefully everything goes smoothly.
It seems Tesla is OK with payment even 1 day before delivery as long as the funds can be cleared before delivery.

question, why does my invoice has a different payable balance from what I can see in the app? we’re doing NL and they will pay off based on invoice.

also, has anyone scheduled a 6pm pick up? i wonder if they will let us check the car thoroughly before we accept it if it’s closing time?

Attachments

• 42AA32AC-7142-4EAD-AC93-7567CDE67D7F.jpeg
    42AA32AC-7142-4EAD-AC93-7567CDE67D7F.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 0261D573-3886-4488-87FC-83E70677A136.jpeg
    0261D573-3886-4488-87FC-83E70677A136.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 32
why does my invoice has a different payable balance from what I can see in the app? we’re doing NL and they will pay off based on invoice.
Because with a novated lease they have to lease the entire vehicle. You can't take a loan for only a partial amount.

In this case the vehicle is $73,369.20 so that's what the lease amount will be, and is what they will pay Tesla.

But you've already paid Tesla $400 deposit, so your account balance with Tesla is actually $72,969.20

Tesla will refund the $400 back to you within a few weeks, and that is reflected on the invoice.

question, why does my invoice has a different payable balance from what I can see in the app? we’re doing NL and they will pay off based on invoice.

also, has anyone scheduled a 6pm pick up? i wonder if they will let us check the car thoroughly before we accept it if it’s closing time?
My invoice showed the same. Your NL will need to have the invoice showing the full amount payable by them - your deposit is set up to be refunded to you

Don't think the app/payment section is smart enough to know that

Reactions: pattitay28