Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys how long is it taking between ordering and getting VIN for Model Y?
It could be days, it could be months. It all depends on which cars Tesla has built and how many people are waiting for that specific config in your location.

If you want certainty, order one from inventory.

It might still be a long wait to get the car as it could still be in Shanghai or on a ship, but at least you know it's on the way.

They’re in the range of 12 - 14% and will not provide the interest rate in their quotation. You can ask them what interest rate they have applied once you receive the quotation. Any other novated lease provider would be far cheaper than Maxxia

That is outrageous. My Company allows any finance. Even my wife buying the MY and doing an Operating Lease. Much cheaper as you can draw down on the mortgage, or simply buy for Cash. But I used a small financing company and got 6%pa, but with a personal guarantee.

Interest rates are going down next year, so locking in 12-14% when mortgages and cash rates fall again will be painful.

MY RWD, Blue, Induction, Ordered 22/1/23, Built 24/4/23, RAV 18/5/23, EDD Jul 6-27, Jul 1-22, Delivery Jul 6, SYD

Was quite surprised by CBA and Tesla’s payment efficiency. Transferred the money via BSB/ACN at about 5am yesterday. Tesla acknowledged they received it that afternoon. I did ring up to advise Tesla I transferred and they asked me to email the receipt. So all good for the pickup tomorrow.

How's your driving experience after a few weeks, @JonDarian ? I hope you started to like it
Well, I am trying to be positive. The EV experience around town is much nicer than the ICE experience. I really like one-pedal driving. Being able to open the car, set climate, etc in the app is good, and works most of the time. Phone-as-key is also working well.

I am not doing a lot of driving, so the 8A UMC is enough for now. I do look forward to smarter charger scheduling.

The turning circle and poor rear visibility do continue to annoy me a bit, but at least I knew about them ahead of time. Thank God for reversing cameras and ultrasonic sensors.

I am still disappointed by the highway range, poor implementation of auto-high beams and steering assist. Autopilot is helped by using my current speed instead of the posted speed (which the car misreads).

Unfortunately, everytime I approach the car from the front, and see the damaged paint, I feel queasy, which reminds me about the massive price drop a week after I got my car. I am still sold on the benefits EVs, but not sure I'll buy Tesla again.