Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Build date 15/07/2023 here
Guessing we're on Turandot which is due to dock in PK on 29/08/2023 (left Shanghai on 08/08/2023)

Should take about a week to offload the cars and transport to the delivery warehouses and deliveries will run for 3-4 weeks after
That was my initial thought too but the Turandot won't be anywhere near Australia until next week so I doubt that cars on it will be on RAV already. Maybe Glovis Caravel?

We can agree to disagree. Tesla are constantly changing features. When I ordered my 3 all the chat was about matrix headlights, ultra sonic or video sensors and the inclusion of a UMC. Types of floormats have changed too. Current talk is the updated hardware for FSD, possible ventilated seats, highland updates....it never ends.

The key specs when you order have not changed, the minor unadvertised features may depending on what stock they have, what cars are on ships and what the factory is doing.

If those features are so important speak to Tesla about changing the order and weigh up the value vs getting your car earlier.
Three tanks of petrol probably pays for the boombox.

For what it is worth I hope Tesla come up with a way to permanently turn off boombox as I don't particularly want it on my Y. This is a common request online. Lots of YouTube videos on how to disconnect it too.
What is important or a key spec to you, may be different to someone else.

Irrespective of the comments you made about things changing, the decision should be made by the customer to "jump ahead" and take an older car without those items, or keep their place in line. Simple as that.

There is absolutely zero point in the "inventory" portal if their practice is as you say, just allocate abandoned orders to the next guy with an order sharing the same color/wheel combo. Kinda defeats the purpose of that page existing, does it not? The abondoned one they tried to give me wasnt even from NSW, it got trucked in from another state so they are fine to move cars around.

Mines in RAV. Got added yesterday. Got an 07/23 build

i was thinking about waiting for the refresh, but tbh i prefered to buy an "end of life" model cause all the problems have been ironed out. Plus as others have mentioned above Tesla just adds stuff whenever so its not like a Toyota where you got a S1 or S2 etc, the best Tesla is the one you can get today, but like everything, a better one will be there tomorrow and then next year and so on!

That only works for that particular shipping line, though. For some of the other lines that are used to ship Teslas to Australia, you have to go through commercial data brokers to get the manifests.
Makes sense, mine isn't on that one.

I also read somewhere else that when the car shows up in RAV, the boat with the car on it has to have hit aussie soil, so in theory, my MYLR was/is on a boat that came in around the 7th August (built 19th July)

Reactions: aceon and JonDarian
Are people paying the final invoice as soon as they get it or waiting til X amount of time before delivery ? Whats the go with that?
Leave until 2 days prior. Maybe a week if going through finance / NL

My NL paid early in May and started my repayments in June, but the car was delayed a couple times and I only picked up in July

The price drop and increase in NSW plate fees made it messy for some too