Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See my signature for details of my LR order. Ship arrives in Perth 18th of August so would expect to get delivery appointment booking a few days after that, with delivery 1 to 3 weeks after ship docks.

Sorry not sure how cars get to Canberra, assume via Melbourne/Sydney so may be worth researching that to get an idea of next ship.

Do you have any outstanding tasks like trade in offer or selecting payment option? That can hold up VIN allocation. My VIN appeared once I rejected a trade in offer.
Thanks! Great to have an idea of how long they take. No, nothing waiting like trade-in etc. I just need to be patient .

Reactions: Still Need BP
Just stumbled across this great forum, playing the waiting game with everyone else here,
EDD Sep 6 - Sep 27
Shows up in RAV - Build Date 07/2023
MYRWD, Black, 19" Gemini
Anyone aware of how they get delivered to Adelaide, SA, assume via Melbourne?
Not sure if it's changed since earlier this year, but Adelaide deliveries are trucked over from Melbourne as far as I know.

Well that was fast. Ordered a Model Y Long Range in white, black wheels, black interior this morning around 9am. Got an email about 10:30am from Tesla that I was matched to a car. Did the pre delivery things and a hidden VIN showed up in source. Melbourne delivery.

Just got a call at 4pm from Tesla to tell me I have been instantly matched, I have a car and expect delivery September 12 - October 3 but most likely at the start of that window.

Vin shows up in RAV with entry on 14/8, build date 07/23.

Much nicer than the 7 months I waited for my 2022 M3 LR to get delivered from when I ordered.

Reactions: cafz
Hey Guys, I put through an order on Sunday for an LR and just got matched today, with a subsequent email saying the car had arrived in Aus.

I've noticed that the build date of the car is 06/23 from the Ravs website and it was submitted to RAV on 25/07/2023. Given I ordered a fresh one (not inventory) would you guys suggest contacting Tesla to try and ask for a newer one? If anything I don't like the idea of the car sitting un-charged for a few months, but in reality, it probably takes a month to get here, I guess!