Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My pick up is in 2 hours 🥳
Well I'm in London atm and I can track my Model Y driving around Sydney!!!

As soon as I landed was the same time we took delivery and my phone started going off with my Mrs activating her phone as a new key.

The whole app changes to your car stuff. I was watching them drive around. You can see in real time in the app.

Pretty cool.

She is OVER THE MOON. She loves the car. I just gotta wait till Saturday now!

Well, I've done my pickup this morning. Nice easy process at Alexandria - the chap I spoke to this morning was saying they have just over 100 cars being picked up today - wow!

A quick question for those "in the know" - I did a trade-in as part of my purchase, and normally when selling a vehicle in NSW, we have to complete the back of the Certificate of Registration. In this case, they didn't want that, nor did I complete any paperwork on the sale of the vehicle, and my old vehicle is still showing in my Service NSW app as being registered to me.

Did I miss part of the process? How long would the old vehicle continue to show as being "mine"?

Called up Tesla on Monday, they said the car is yet to come. (On the next shipment) The next day got an sms saying it’s ready for delivery which makes no sense. Booked for 5th October at Mulgrave . Fingers crossed no delays 😌
Awesome!

Someone may have cancelled an order?
Kind of makes me want to call about my order.
Mine still shows the generic EDD of AUG-SEP

Well now im back and ive driven the car. Wow what a cool car! so different to an ICE car. i know probably all a bit biased but so much better to drive. They did a fab job on it. It seems really well thought out and so intuative and quiet easy to get used too also.

Really happy with it. Wait is definately worth it.
Even got my solar charging the car for free now with this beautiful NSW weather and its cranking the free electrons in!

Reactions: Midnight Man
Still no VIN but this morning, the EDD changed from "AUG-SEP" to "TBD"

Would this happened because we are now past September or is something else at play?
My model 3 has been TBD since they converted it from a 2023 to highland. After that the status in the page source went from “entered” to “booked” when they asked me to confirm rego, delivery and finance