Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The company I work at is tendering for an IT contract with a large shipping company. I tagged along to a meeting with the company this afternoon to discuss their requirements. After the meeting I asked about Stink Bugs and explained my Model Y was on the GC. There was some laughter and one of the agent's people said that while not unusual some ships had more problems than others and that the GC was known as a "Plague Ship" within his firm because it had more problems than most. He said that the trip to port was probably not an inspection but to have more chemicals sprayed. Not unusual but it would probably mean that they were still finding live bugs as its not cheap to bring a ship into port and have it sprayed, and they would not waste the money if it was not needed. He would think that the inspection would happen after another 10 to 14 days may be less. If it failed that inspection, there were two options (1) a further application of chemical and another quarantine period or (2) it was possible that the ship would sail back to Asian unloading the cars at their next stop outside Australia. He said dumping was not an option for a big company. The cars would then have to be reloaded and shipped back. If the ship failed 3 inspections, then it would be an automatic leave, but he said most ships would pull the plug and leave before that happened as they are losing money every day they stay outside Brisbane. He also said that if it was his company, they would be providing daily reports detailed the progress being made the number of bugs being found etc. and the most likely outcome He said that he would see if there was any gossip and would pass it on if he heard anything. If I hear more I will pass it on.

I found this discussion very depressing but was glad at least have an idea of what may be really happening. While Tesla is not responsible for the stink bugs it would be good if they were providing information that in all probability they are receiving.

I certainly don’t think anyone has the right to be rude or abusive to a Tesla employee. That is complete unexpectable. They are just doing as they are told.

I cannot cancel because the lease company has paid for the car, and I have been told I would have to pay out the least if I cancel. I big financial penalty.

It really is a no win situation, we all just have to wait and see what happens.

The company I work at is tendering for an IT contract with a large shipping company. I tagged along to a meeting with the company this afternoon to discuss their requirements. After the meeting I asked about Stink Bugs and explained my Model Y was on the GC. There was some laughter and one of the agent's people said that while not unusual some ships had more problems than others and that the GC was known as a "Plague Ship" within his firm because it had more problems than most. He said that the trip to port was probably not an inspection but to have more chemicals sprayed. Not unusual but it would probably mean that they were still finding live bugs as its not cheap to bring a ship into port and have it sprayed, and they would not waste the money if it was not needed. He would think that the inspection would happen after another 10 to 14 days may be less. If it failed that inspection, there were two options (1) a further application of chemical and another quarantine period or (2) it was possible that the ship would sail back to Asian unloading the cars at their next stop outside Australia. He said dumping was not an option for a big company. The cars would then have to be reloaded and shipped back. If the ship failed 3 inspections, then it would be an automatic leave, but he said most ships would pull the plug and leave before that happened as they are losing money every day they stay outside Brisbane. He also said that if it was his company, they would be providing daily reports detailed the progress being made the number of bugs being found etc. and the most likely outcome He said that he would see if there was any gossip and would pass it on if he heard anything. If I hear more I will pass it on.

I found this discussion very depressing but was glad at least have an idea of what may be really happening. While Tesla is not responsible for the stink bugs it would be good if they were providing information that in all probability they are receiving.

I certainly don’t think anyone has the right to be rude or abusive to a Tesla employee. That is complete unexpectable. They are just doing as they are told.

I cannot cancel because the lease company has paid for the car, and I have been told I would have to pay out the least if I cancel. I big financial penalty.

It really is a no win situation, we all just have to wait and see what happens.
Thanks for the insider info, very interesting to know

Don Juan is due in a day or two. Is it likely all the cars in the boat are already allocated?
Yes, 1/4 of the Glovis is just basic MYRWD Black interior white exterior (me), there is no way all of us are getting allocated on the Don Juan, I have heard some people with custom MY's have been reallocated on the Don Juan. There still should be a number of MY's unallocated on the Don Juan but theyre probably MY Performances with an unpopular specification.

Yep, the waiting game begins

1700211997070.png

Hey guys, this may not be the right forum, but it speaks to customer service. I'm in the market for an EV and with the issues you are facing and the recent announcement that MG won car of the year I'm wondering which way to go.... seeing as most of you haven't actually driven your Tesla's yet I'm not asking for a product review.
By the way, I have an extremely close friend that is involved in the PCC industry at a National Level so feel free to shoot me some questions if you like and I can get some clarification for you.
Having owned a Tesla for going on 9 years I have seen the complete gamut of Tesla service levels.
In the early days it was terrific, but that's likely because there were so few cars on the road and not much going wrong.
As time went by it became harder to get an appointment, but when they introduced the book a service through the app it improved. I have never waited more than 2 weeks for a service appointment and about 18 months ago had a traction motor failure and the Tesla emergency line got me into Chatswood the next day, so they can move fast when it's needed. That repair was covered under warranty and they was no quibbling, it was fixed in a couple of days, and they even loaned me a Model 3.
I'm currently trying to get just a regular oil service for a 2-year-old BMW and BMW Sydney has a nearly 8 week wait.
The battery heater went a few months ago and to replace that and some other components inside the battery was about $2,500 and they did it in the day.
I've never felt ripped off by Tesla, unlike my previous Mercedes, but they're not perfect, and are quite inflexible in some areas, like me wanting to just update the 3G modem in my central MCU to LTE but they are insisting on a replacement MCU at $2,500. So, I'll wait until 3G coverage becomes untenable before I do that.
The service advisor at Alexandria is stand out good IMHO so like anything may depend on who you deal with.

Yep, the waiting game begins

View attachment 991435
I really do feel for all you guys waiting for cars on the stinktannic. I hope you do get reassigned another car or the next slucing of stinkies comes up clean and you get your cars soon.
As long as the SS Stinksalot doesn’t get time to go back and get our highland model 3s it’s a bonus for the rest of us.

Roughly two weeks since the first time it was sent out to sea (October 31). Before that it spent about 9 days aimlessly moored at fisherman's and the bulk terminal. So really since October 22 - so approaching a month all up.

Unrelated: Looks like you got your charger installed! I should really get moving on that... Did you need additional circuits or three phase?
I went with 32A single phase. Gets you a decent overnight charge at home and the plug is useful for campsites / Showgrounds

Yes totally agree Tesla should be updating with details rather than leaving up to us to speculate
I challenge you to find any other car manufacturer that gives you as much info as Tesla does. Order a Ford, Volvo, BMW, whatever… and you wait, wait, wait until they tell you it’s here. At least Tesla gave you some info.
I’ve got a colleague who ordered a BMW last year (2022), and is still waiting, despite being told it would arrive in May, then July… now it’s Feb next year.

Like I’ve said before… the more you know because Tesla shared the vessel it is on, the more frustrated you get as you know more about the delays of global shipping.

Chill, it will arrive.

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus