Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Express Top 29 New Car Makers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You managed to drive without all the Tesla safety features and autopilot yet somehow they're important now.
I drove for 55 years without all the Tesla safety features and autopilot, and they are very important to me. I have driven safely in many cars, but none are as easy or reduce tiring while driving as the Tesla. I would not go back to any of the nice cars I have driven.

Reactions: JupiterMan
I drove for 55 years without all the Tesla safety features and autopilot, and they are very important to me. I have driven safely in many cars, but none are as easy or reduce tiring while driving as the Tesla. I would not go back to any of the nice cars I have driven.
You've stumbled into a conversation in the UK subforum with history. I was replying to a person who thinks Tesla tech is essential, but mention tech that Tesla do not provide and suddenly it doesn't matter as they've driven for years without any. For clarity. I think the advances in safety and driver aids are a great step forward, but they're not unique to Tesla and in some areas the tech other companies provide is better, in other areas the Tesla approach is the best, but rather than dismiss any of it, I think we should push Tesla to develop the capabilities they don't have rather than make excuses for them.

You've stumbled into a conversation in the UK subforum with history. I was replying to a person who thinks Tesla tech is essential, but mention tech that Tesla do not provide and suddenly it doesn't matter as they've driven for years without any. For clarity. I think the advances in safety and driver aids are a great step forward, but they're not unique to Tesla and in some areas the tech other companies provide is better, in other areas the Tesla approach is the best, but rather than dismiss any of it, I think we should push Tesla to develop the capabilities they don't have rather than make excuses for them.
Oops

• Funny
Reactions: ACarneiro
Tesla's are EV's with good ranges and 0-60mph times at supercar speeds. Everything else about them is work in progress.

This - 100%.

I guess it depends what you were looking for when you bought your Tesla. I was looking for an fast EV with a good range, an awesome charging network, a good stereo with heated seats. The drivetrain really is very good and I like the sharp steering and well judged handling/ride.

I have zero interest in self driving or the rest of the tech.

Sure I'd like the auto wipers to be better but it's really a small complaint overall.

I am genuinely amused with the owners who lose the plot and threaten to sell the car because their boot hasn't opened properly twice 😊

Reactions: Lord Farquad