Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto wipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time seeing the auto wipers in action last night. The wipers had a hard time detecting rain; it rained for 5 min straight and the wipers didn't engage. Then as the rain turns into a drizzle, the auto wipers started to wipe as it was a heavy down pour. Hopefully this will be addressed in the next software release.

• Funny
Reactions: Pkmmte
First time seeing the auto wipers in action last night. The wipers had a hard time detecting rain; it rained for 5 min straight and the wipers didn't engage. Then as the rain turns into a drizzle, the auto wipers started to wipe as it was a heavy down pour. Hopefully this will be addressed in the next software release.

I dont see a 5 minutes delay but yes there is a delay. Additionally I see a very staggered motion in the wipers in auto mode, and there is a lots of noise when it is in auto mode.

Video upload at Wiper Blade.mp4

Might have been better to compare auto with low speed wipers, since that seemed to be the speed auto wanted to run them at given the amount of rain. I guess the question is should auto be using a different speed in those conditions, or should the wipers work better at lower speed with those conditions. Might be due to wiper insert rubber being more grabby when new or crud on the windshield. Someone else just posted in another thread that auto wipers behaved perfectly.

I have noticed the auto is not sensitive enough. In NC we get the heavy summer downpours, the window can be hit with a lot of rain and auto puts it in a very slow intermittent speed. Have to use manual. I’d like to see sensitivity settings added to a future update like my GTI has which works extremely well.

Umm, just open the spigot and point your hose at your windshield
I got that Mr Smarty pants....

But how do you keep the car on - while not sitting in the drivers seat?....that's my question.

My Model 3 shuts off when I'm not sitting in the drivers seat and outside of the car with the hose. Thereby my autowipers shut off.

AND before you ask....NO…..I don't have anyone else to help sit in the seat while I do this.

I got that Mr Smarty pants....

But how do you keep the car on - while not sitting in the drivers seat?....that's my question.

My Model 3 shuts off when I'm not sitting in the drivers seat and outside of the car with the hose. Thereby my autowipers shut off.

AND before you ask....NO…..I don't have anyone else to help sit in the seat while I do this.
Leave the key card on the console? Or leave your phone in the car?

I have noticed that the autowipers kind of suck in the dark. If it is light outside they do work, and with the crazy rain we had on Sunday they move very fast. It would be nice to get a setting that pauses them when you are at a stop though.