Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot 2.0 Updates Pending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Under promise over deliver. Simple strategy.

That is a simple strategy...unfortunately, it seems too complex for Elon.

Consistent pattern of over promise (timing and results) and fail to deliver. It is likely that a gap is growing between the actual progress going on within Tesla, and what the engineers actually tell a disconnected CEO that has demonstrated he will add risk for no other reason than interviews and accolades.

Good engineers are pretty good at controlling their management. They design control systems for a living, after all :)

Hmmm. Link won't load for me now. What's the released time frame on when 100s come out? I have an October 60kwh delivery

Looks like the page was mysteriously deleted. Trevor basically said he heard a tip that the new AP 2.0 hardware would be rolling out on the P100DLs this month. The sensors would not be visible, maybe in he A pillar or in the bumper. There was also reference to the second camera... That's all I can remember.

Looks like the page was mysteriously deleted.
The link @number12 posted upthread works for me. Here is the opening post on that page by user "TrevP" on that site, quote:
----------------------------------------------------------
Just spoke to a tipster on autopilot 2.0.

The new updated hardware will be present on cars once the P100D starts deliveries next month. Tesla software 8.0 should arrive at the same time.

New hardware is confirmed to be more radar sensors in the corners of the car. He mentioned they would be in the A pillars but metal would interfere with that so we're more apt to think it will be behind the fascia. The new radars would not be visible on the cars.

No mention of additional cameras in the update but we believe Tesla will indeed add at least one more forward facing camera.
-------------------------------------------------------------

• Informative
Reactions: Model S M.D.
Common, but pretentious.
How about: We requested more information from Tesla PR ?
Today's pretentious is tomorrow's normal.
I remember reading some quote by a linguist on the use of the word "like", as in "I was, like, so annoyed".

I'm paraphrasing, but the quote was "One day everyone who dislikes this usage will be dead, and the world will be populated by those who've always spoken like that".

It is a nauseating expression though...

My old man has a 60D on order. It was scheduled for production this week, but this has been bumped for production in mid September (by Tesla), in line with the expected production and deliveries of the new P100Ds. Hopefully he too will have the new hardware.

My old man has a 60D on order. It was scheduled for production this week, but this has been bumped for production in mid September (by Tesla), in line with the expected production and deliveries of the new P100Ds. Hopefully he too will have the new hardware.
Interesting. No explanation was given? My 60d is scheduled for production 9/12