Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

autopilot 8.0 - 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Thanks for the link, I had no idea what the OP was talking about.

"... the car should almost always hit the brakes correctly even if a UFO were to land on the freeway in zero visibility conditions."

"The car in front might hit the UFO in dense fog, but the Tesla will not."

I got two important points out of that article:

1. Tesla has confirmed UFOs exist.
2. UFOs can be detected with radar.

Tesla 1
NASA 0

Thanks for the link, I had no idea what the OP was talking about.

"... the car should almost always hit the brakes correctly even if a UFO were to land on the freeway in zero visibility conditions."

"The car in front might hit the UFO in dense fog, but the Tesla will not."

I got two important points out of that article:

1. Tesla has confirmed UFOs exist.
2. UFOs can be detected with radar.

Tesla 1
NASA 0
3. UFO's don't know or don't care where the proper place to land is

• Funny
Reactions: Jaff
Well Elon has confirmed that at some point in his life, he was an alien, therefore it's natural for Tesla to have highly advanced technology.

If you were dropped into a medival era society and given the necessary tools available then and influence in the society (but no references or tools you don't normally carry) would you be able to explain, demonstrate, and create current technology?

It wouldn't be that simple for a single stranded alien to build advanced technology, even if the alien is a technical expert - there are so many layers of progress and stages of technology to remember and machines that build the machines.

(Machines that build the machines was actually one of Elon's recent focuses though. Hmm...)

When reading this article about the Bolt, I saw that Fortune are reporting that Autosteer will come as standard on the 3. I'm sure part of the information after the reveal in April said this would be an optional extra. Thoughts?
They also said this:

Even before the public unveiling of the Model 3, reservations for the mainstream car hit almost 400,000.
Seems the author is a bit misinformed or just lazy.

I believe Tesla has said that the AutoPilot hardware will be standard on the Model 3, and that the Auto Pilot feature itself will be an option. The AP hardware is also used for non-AP features that are standard (e.g. adaptive cruise control).