Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot and v7 coming this Thursday! (15-10-15)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 03 19 Conference Call - YouTube <--- heres the no hands on wheel part. (~27:20)

I don't think anybody doubts that that is what was intended. I suppose the optimistic view is that they are issuing a half-system beta release in order to trial it more widely and to get us accustomed to the limits of the system before allowing us to remove our hands.

Let's see what we really get tomorrow.

Maybe instead of a line they could use leaves growing on a vine or some such ;)

As much as I hate the idea of losing a side panel to display that info, I can sort of understand it. The one that REALLY irks me is the time and temperature, they take almost no space right now, but you're going to have to use 1/3 of your dash to see them in the new version? I just can't come up with any form of an excuse for that one.

On my commute to work today, I saw a sign that said road closed 10/16 - 10/18. I had a moment to decide to turn left, right, or go straight and quickly glanced to see what today was. This won't happen often, but when you need the date/time, it was nice that it was right there and took little room.

O crap, route planning is also beta. We're all gonna die...
Route planning is so useless it's not even funny.
And it looks the hyper-hyped stuff in v7 is no difference.
So you get a mostly maybe somewhat useful system in return for replacing your perfectly fine UI with the work of the summer intern who was fired at GM?
I don't think so. I'll call Tesla to explicitly request not to receive 7.x for the time being.

Route planning is so useless it's not even funny.
And it looks the hyper-hyped stuff in v7 is no difference.
So you get a mostly maybe somewhat useful system in return for replacing your perfectly fine UI with the work of the summer intern who was fired at GM?
I don't think so. I'll call Tesla to explicitly request not to receive 7.x for the time being.
Overreact much? We don't even have the bits yet in the tracker.

Overreact much? We don't even have the bits yet in the tracker.
Defensive much?
There is no going back, unless Tesla forces you to downgrade (see the couple of "mistaken" beta deliveries). Which means once you have the <censored bad word> UI, you're stuck with it.
And since nothing in the press kit is even the least bit interesting to me, I'd rather stay on the UI that I appreciate.

Full autonomous in 3 years? Must be level 3, not level 4. Even considering Elon Musk Time.

- - - Updated - - -

According to @danielsparks on Twitter:

Elon: Fully autonomous maybe in 3 yrs, "maybe earlier but I'm trying to recalibrate my time predictions"

LOL

Elon: "maybe earlier but I'm trying to recalibrate my time predictions". :biggrin:

To be fair, considering how the autonomous technology has evolved, level 3 autonomous might be out in 5 years (aka 3 years Elon Musk Time).