Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot Bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After today's drive on 8.0 I no longer trust TACC. It got extremely close to two cars in front of me in the left lane who were braking hard at highway speed, and as is known to happen when cars are that close and that fast, could have went to full braking/tried to pull off onto the median depending on what was going on in front of them. I doubt the Tesla had the distance to stop without a collision had that happened, and I started braking hard manually. 8.0 was supposed to explicitly fix this problem by looking one car ahead???? Nope. After driving about 200 miles on the highway today I can't seem to find any evidence of lane biasing away from slower moving traffic, in fact many times it's on the wrong side of the lane.

Basically other than the graphics and nags, I see no good change in AP. Oh and the cars being angled is just a graphics trick, it's not anything substantive.

I've been trying on freeways and regular roads recently and I haven't seen the problems related to late braking or lack of distance keeping, but I have seen the substantially worse ability to keep driving in a lane. I find that stop & go traffic is a lot better now but 'thanks' to this post, I'm using TACC+Autopilot with a huge pinch of salt right now...