Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Autopilot cameras unavailable" after update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys

I got my car two weeks ago, and barely did 150 Miles with it (I was in quarantine). I tried autopilot and all functions were good

A couple of days ago I updated its software, and since then, I get the following notification:
"autopilot cameras unavailable. Features might be restored on next drive"
I've left it overnight, but the same issue happened. Also when I try to view the rear cameras, the driver-side camera seems to not load properly.
I've booked a service for it, but is there anything I can do like a hard reset or so to see if it's a software issue?

Also, I noticed a blob of paint (attached), quite visible in the top of the car. It's been more than 7 days though, but it's definitely a defect from the factory. I went on holidays and then quarantined, so I didn't check the car thoroughly (I know, I know...) Do you think they will adhere to their 7 day policy, or they're kind of easy going with it?

Thanks

Attachments

• 66B344DF-2C1C-451C-930F-BB3B62DD6ABD.jpeg
    66B344DF-2C1C-451C-930F-BB3B62DD6ABD.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 97
A couple of days ago I updated its software, and since then, I get the following notification:
"autopilot cameras unavailable. Features might be restored on next drive"
I've left it overnight, but the same issue happened. Also when I try to view the rear cameras, the driver-side camera seems to not load properly.
I've booked a service for it, but is there anything I can do like a hard reset or so to see if it's a software issue?

Also, I noticed a blob of paint (attached), quite visible in the top of the car. It's been more than 7 days though, but it's definitely a defect from the factory. I went on holidays and then quarantined, so I didn't check the car thoroughly (I know, I know...) Do you think they will adhere to their 7 day policy, or they're kind of easy going with it?

Thanks

You can do a hard reset by pressing the brake and then the two steering wheel buttons together. The screen will go black and after a while you’ll see the T logo and it will reload.

The software update sounds like it may be a red herring though. I suspect a reset won’t solve it, sounds to me like you have a dead camera. Like Elsig I had the same problem from day 1 - service just swapped it out.

As for the paint, I would expect they are likely to be reasonable, especially if it’s clearly a factory defect. No harm in trying.

You can do a hard reset by pressing the brake and then the two steering wheel buttons together. The screen will go black and after a while you’ll see the T logo and it will reload.

The software update sounds like it may be a red herring though. I suspect a reset won’t solve it, sounds to me like you have a dead camera. Like Elsig I had the same problem from day 1 - service just swapped it out.

As for the paint, I would expect they are likely to be reasonable, especially if it’s clearly a factory defect. No harm in trying.
Thanks for the info. I will try a hard reset first thing tomorrow.

I assume they will tell me when I'm there on Friday, but what should I expect from a supposedly minor repair like this? Like, should I just wait there for an hour, or do they actually take a few days to sort it out?
Do they give you a courtesy car? Thanks

Thanks for the info. I will try a hard reset first thing tomorrow.

I assume they will tell me when I'm there on Friday, but what should I expect from a supposedly minor repair like this? Like, should I just wait there for an hour, or do they actually take a few days to sort it out?
Do they give you a courtesy car? Thanks

Not sure for just the camera...see my experience
Order saturday, pickup tuesday? Is it a reject?

Reactions: Percebe
I have the same problem with the camera. I had a ranger visit booked for this Friday for about a month, but then yesterday they cancelled it saying they didn’t have the parts. At the moment I don’t have a new date.
I had the same thing and the same cancellation message, but on the morning of the original appointment the mobile technician phoned to say he could still come, the cancellation message was a result of switching things over from the Dartford service centre to Crawley. Oddly when he arrived he had no idea what he was supposed to be looking at, as that minor bit of detail hadn't been passed over.

It took about an hour or so to replace the camera with a new one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Percebe
I had the same issue. I picked the car up on September 21st and noticed the passenger side camera wasn't working. I told the lady and she booked me a service appointment for the 29th. That has now been re-arranged to October 12th as the parts are on back order.