Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot for HW2 rolling out to all HW2 cars today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week, we did a 500 mile road trip and did not to the brake or accelerator for about 460 of those miles. Had one false positive incident ( slowed down abruptly under a flyover) . But overall loved it. For parts of the drive I had to set TACC to 80-85 just to keep up with the traffic flow. Would be hard to do that with a 75 cap . Do you know if it disengages TACC if you step on the accelerator ?

100% TACC is not disengaged when you accelerated.

It disengages only when you hit the brakes. Lane changes and stuff is fine.

I had worries with false positives on FCW but have not tried yet with new firmware 8.0(17.3.2).

So, as I mentioned previously TACC works great. However, I can't get auto steer to work at all. Every road I've been on today is "not available" for auto steer. I even drove on 4 lane parkways divided by large medians and yes, I did stay under 45mph. Perhaps it's because I live in the suburbs of Nashville but who knows. I really wanted to see this baby work but I guess that I will have to wait until all of the restrictions have been removed. There aren't what I would call a high concentration of Tesla's in my area.

Anyone else experiencing this behavior? Tips, tricks, advice?

• Helpful
Reactions: RacerX
I got the upgrade this morning!
See the screen showing the lanes and cruise control adaptive working but when I try to engage the AP it say Yellow Tesla and warning comes auto steer not allowed on this road, I am in Bay area anyone else having this message too ?

Ok, I now have the answer as to why it's not working for us.

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 4.12.34 PM.jpg

It seems there are specific roads (probably only major highways) that are flagged by Tesla to allow autosteer. When you see the steering wheel icon on the top right that is when you are able to engage autosteer. This cannot be overridden on roads that are not greenlit by Tesla.

I'm in NY, hw2 with delivery on 12/23. Still no notification of an update, but I live in Brooklyn and street park , charging not daily but every few days as needed during my commutes / supercharging. As I'm not connected to wifi regularly, is there a way to push the update through ? Little bummed as I've been waiting so eagerly for this update.

100% TACC is not disengaged when you accelerated.

It disengages only when you hit the brakes. Lane changes and stuff is fine.

I had worries with false positives on FCW but have not tried yet with new firmware 8.0(17.3.2).

Sorry , should have been clearer. Does TACC disengage accelerating above the new cap of 75mph? Just like AutoSteer disengages above 45.

Had the update... Been driving for like 50 km on mostly Highways. Stopped a few times and still calibration is not complete. I cannot use TACC and AutoSteer yet. Maybe wait some more. I get 3 messages:
1- Cruise not available. with 1 beep
2-AutoSteer is not available on this road, with 2 beeps
3-When I am driving on a suitable road / Highway it says -AutoSteer not available with beeps