Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot for HW2 rolling out to all HW2 cars today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my previous post I said other cars showed up in other lanes but I couldn't reproduce that. Maybe they were cars showing up other the other side when update first came out. Sorry.

Noticed very bad lane bouncing driving east on the 10 freeway. Maybe driving into the sun as someone mentioned. But on way back home at night. Pretty decent lane control with AP. I've been using tacc which has been reliable for the most part except the occasional douche cutting lanes.

Discovered a little surprise this morning. If Tesla maps are like most others, there are various map overlays as you move from one area to another. I noticed that, at certain places, the map would refresh and the AP2 icon would momentarily illuminate and then disappear again within seconds (because it was not an interstate highway). So I drove through the same spot again this morning and immediately engaged AutoSteer when the icon appeared. It worked. And it stayed engaged. I was able to drive several miles with AP2 over the very long Ravenel Bridge in Charleston, an area which usually is disabled because it is not an interstate highway. Just a tip to keep an eye on your AP2 icon. It may pop up in some unusual places and, if you catch it, you can enjoy a nice long ride using AP2.

I had a similar experience yesterday when exiting an interstate onto a divided highway where Autosteer stayed engaged even though the divided highway was not previously enabled for Autosteer. It prompted this post: Autosteer: will new roads be added without a S/W update?

Let me know if it works. Tesla service said they "reset" some things on their end but I'm sure it was because of the dirt.
Like like "Hermes" is getting a wash tomorrow then!
Ok soothe stupid "Drivers assistance features unavailable" back this morning after working all day yesterday after the wash. Car is still clean as well as cameras. I don't know....

Discovered a little surprise this morning. If Tesla maps are like most others, there are various map overlays as you move from one area to another. I noticed that, at certain places, the map would refresh and the AP2 icon would momentarily illuminate and then disappear again within seconds (because it was not an interstate highway). So I drove through the same spot again this morning and immediately engaged AutoSteer when the icon appeared. It worked. And it stayed engaged. I was able to drive several miles with AP2 over the very long Ravenel Bridge in Charleston, an area which usually is disabled because it is not an interstate highway. Just a tip to keep an eye on your AP2 icon. It may pop up in some unusual places and, if you catch it, you can enjoy a nice long ride using AP2.

It's kind of like seeing the mushroom in Marioland and jumping on it quickly. Thanks for the head's up!

Reactions: NerdUno
Ok soothe stupid "Drivers assistance features unavailable" back this morning after working all day yesterday after the wash. Car is still clean as well as cameras. I don't know....

Curious. BTW, do you have anything obstructing the forward cameras? I have a Blackview 650 mount directly under the housing of the forward camera unit. I asked the SC if this was an issue, and they said it was not. But, then again, they said my smartpass would work hugged up against the upper right of the camera housing and that was wrong.

Curious. BTW, do you have anything obstructing the forward cameras? I have a Blackview 650 mount directly under the housing of the forward camera unit. I asked the SC if this was an issue, and they said it was not. But, then again, they said my smartpass would work hugged up against the upper right of the camera housing and that was wrong.
Nothing blocking it. I'll call service again and see if they can figure it out. Maybe it'll work later today. For some reason it's the most glitchy in the morning.

I had a similar experience yesterday when exiting an interstate onto a divided highway where Autosteer stayed engaged even though the divided highway was not previously enabled for Autosteer. It prompted this post: Autosteer: will new roads be added without a S/W update?

I had a similar experience. Auto steer stayed engaged as I exited the interstate and merged into traffic on a surface street. It didn't disengage even though I was at least a mile from the interstate. I finally had to take control when the lane I was in changed into a turn lane and I needed to get over.

• Informative
Reactions: hobbes
I've had a couple of times where a section of freeway that I previously used Autopilot2 on wouldn't let me. It would say "Autopilot unavailable at this time". Checked and cameras/sensors were all clear. Wouldn't reset while driving with holding down wheelbutton restarts.

Anyone else with similar experience?

I've had a couple of times where a section of freeway that I previously used Autopilot2 on wouldn't let me. It would say "Autopilot unavailable at this time". Checked and cameras/sensors were all clear. Wouldn't reset while driving with holding down wheelbutton restarts.

It's in beta. Don't worry about it. It's limited to 45mph for safety reasons right now. There will be quirks with it.

Yes, I've had it and have seen others mention experiencing it. I was able to hop off the freeway, put the car in park while waiting at the exit ramp light, and jump right back on the freeway and everything worked properly. I saw somewhere that 'park' should reset it.

I'm hoping it's one of the bugs they clear up early.

Nothing blocking it. I'll call service again and see if they can figure it out. Maybe it'll work later today. For some reason it's the most glitchy in the morning.

Understand. Thanks. Here's how mine is positioned in case you or others were curious (or if you're thinking of a camera).

Attachments

• IMG_9278.JPG
    IMG_9278.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9279.JPG
    IMG_9279.JPG
    244.8 KB · Views: 66
Might be the pitch angle issue Elon tweeted about.

Meaning fwd cams are pointing too much up- or downwards, requiring a visit to the Service Center or a future SW update according to Elon where they "crop" the image to compensate.

(Personally I would never settle with the SW image "crop" alternative...)

Reactions: Ahisaac
Get in my car to go to the store and "Drivers assistance features unavailable" and I have a red "!" on the top of my screen and when I hit it it displayed a message that Traction Control not Available and it does not go away nor did the message on the other screen about Driver's assistance not being available. Get what I need at the store and get back in just 10 minutes later and no error messages. Not sure what is going on with this update.

They need to work on the car detecting cars in the adjacent lanes, up ahead. Is that something within the capability of the current hardware?

I've found on several occasions that while using TACC, if I switch lanes, it looses sight of all cars during the lane change process, starts to surge forward and then it pick up the car in the new lane and then slows down.
IMG_2036.JPG

You might be experiencing this "Overtaking Cars" feature. I like the feature, but if you aren't expecting it it might be a little unnerving. It doesn't do it when you're passing on the right. I know you're not supposed to pass on the right but why the heck don't people move over:mad::rolleyes:

Reactions: wesley888
I got the "Drivers assistance features unavailable" for the first time this morning. Got in the car and the error came right up. I did a power off, waited about 15 seconds, and pressed the brake to turn the car back on. Error was gone.

J-

Tell me again how to perform the "power off" protocol you performed. I'm holding both scroll wheels and the respective button above each wheel until the dash and 17" screen cycle off then releasing whe the Tesla symbol appears. Is that correct?

J-

Tell me again how to perform the "power off" protocol you performed. I'm holding both scroll wheels and the respective button above each wheel until the dash and 17" screen cycle off then releasing whe the Tesla symbol appears. Is that correct?

I used the power off from the controls. Controls > E-Brake & Power Off > Power Off. The screen goes blank immediately, but you can probably still hear fans/things running for a few more seconds. Waited about 15 seconds after everything went silent. Then I hit the brake to turn the car back on, and the message was gone.

Reactions: Ahisaac
Get in my car to go to the store and "Drivers assistance features unavailable" and I have a red "!" on the top of my screen and when I hit it it displayed a message that Traction Control not Available and it does not go away nor did the message on the other screen about Driver's assistance not being available. Get what I need at the store and get back in just 10 minutes later and no error messages. Not sure what is going on with this update.
I'm having a similar experience since the last update. This morning for the first time the message didn't want to go away at all during my hour long commute. Usually it just shows up when I get in the car and disappears after a while. Hope it will be working again when I drive home tonight.