Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot nag gone??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I have a 2019 M3LR. Standard autopilot. I just drove my buddys 2023 M3RWD. Standard autopilot. We were driving it done the road for about 3 minutes on autopilot…. No nag at all. I didn’t understand why. Drove a bit more. Never ever nagged him.

How is this possible? Am I missing something? Both of us are on the same software version. Both standard autopilot.

Thank you.

I have a 2023 RWD too and it does nag if I don't hold the wheel. Were you holding his steering wheel? If not, only thing I can guess is that one of his sensors is broken in the best way possible and maybe thinks he is applying pressure to the steering wheel even though he isn't?

I have a 2023 RWD too and it does nag if I don't hold the wheel. Were you holding his steering wheel? If not, only thing I can guess is that one of his sensors is broken in the best way possible and maybe thinks he is applying pressure to the steering wheel even though he isn't?
I’m not sure. Definitely not holding his steering wheel. He did make a comment that his steering wheel felt so much stiffer than mine. We are both in sport mode steering so not sure but you might be right maybe something is stuck there putting resistance on his wheel. Any other ideas?

Hi,
I have a 2019 M3LR. Standard autopilot. I just drove my buddys 2023 M3RWD. Standard autopilot. We were driving it done the road for about 3 minutes on autopilot…. No nag at all. I didn’t understand why. Drove a bit more. Never ever nagged him.

How is this possible? Am I missing something? Both of us are on the same software version. Both standard autopilot.

Thank you.
Video please. News, if so. Seems unlikely.

Hi,

Thank you.
I wouldn’t consider 3 minutes as evidence for anything. Just having one front tire 3 psi low will create a drift pull which would do the same. Nag is not off.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I’m not sure. Definitely not holding his steering wheel. He did make a comment that his steering wheel felt so much stiffer than mine. We are both in sport mode steering so not sure but you might be right maybe something is stuck there putting resistance on his wheel. Any other ideas?
Check the steering off-set using "service mode". His car might have a steering off set enough to act as resistance to the wheel while in AP.

There was a poster with the same "luck", maybe posted 6 months ago.
He was worried the absence of nag will trigger detection of cheat device.

IFAI remember he never did find out why he lost the nag, steering off set was zero degrees, and was not suspected of using steering cheat device. Maybe that person and your friend is the same guy - named Lucky 😆

He is holding the wheel with his knee.

A lot of people say this, but I don't think he is. I've watched several of his videos very closely recently, and in certain lighting, you can tell by the shadows that his leg is not touching.

I'm pretty sure he has one of those $500 cheat devices you install in your steering wheel (I'm not talking about the cheap weight that you attach to the outside of the wheel).

Hi,

Thank you.
This sounds normal.

(Sounds like he has nags, etc.)

Let us know if not the case. Certainly possible something is different but seems perfectly normal as described.

A lot of people say this, but I don't think he is. I've watched several of his videos very closely recently, and in certain lighting, you can tell by the shadows that his leg is not touching.

I'm pretty sure he has one of those $500 cheat devices you install in your steering wheel (I'm not talking about the cheap weight that you attach to the outside of the wheel).
In most of his raw videos you can see his left knee touch the wheel and even pull to the right.

In most of his raw videos you can see his left knee touch the wheel and even pull to the right.

Can you point out a place in this raw video where you see a nag or his knee moving the wheel? I'm just not seeing it. Even if I try to preemptively touch my steering wheel on occasion, a nag will still pop up for a split second every once in a while when I didn't quite do it in time. And I can't seem to go much more than 30 seconds without a nag, whereas there are times I have watched his videos and see him going 3+ minutes with his leg clearly visible and clearly not touching the steering wheel at all, yet no nags. Also, have you tried to actually use your leg to dismiss nags? It's not like you can just barely touch the wheel with your leg in an unnoticeable way, at least in my car.

Can you point out a place in this raw video where you see a nag or his knee moving the wheel? I'm just not seeing it. Even if I try to preemptively touch my steering wheel on occasion, a nag will still pop up for a split second every once in a while when I didn't quite do it in time. And I can't seem to go much more than 30 seconds without a nag, whereas there are times I have watched his videos and see him going 3+ minutes with his leg clearly visible and clearly not touching the steering wheel at all, yet no nags. Also, have you tried to actually use your leg to dismiss nags? It's not like you can just barely touch the wheel with your leg in an unnoticeable way, at least in my car.
The knee claims don’t make sense because even if you torque the wheel and watch the road you still get nags. Also I would like to see someone (anyone!) demonstrate in a video how they defeat nags with knee torque, lol.

Reactions: gtg465x
The knee claims don’t make sense because even if you torque the wheel and watch the road you still get nags. Also I would like to see someone (anyone!) demonstrate in a video how they defeat nags with knee torque, lol.

I'm starting to think Tesla actually implemented no nags for FSD Beta users with more than 10,000 FSD miles, or maybe they just added Whole Mars Catalog to some exemption list to not require it for him, since he's such a prominent influencer / investor. He has a long history of complaining about nags on Twitter, but ever since the tweet conversation between him and Musk in December, he hasn't complained about it anymore, and I don't see any nags or wheel touching in his latest videos.

@WholeMarsBlog
Dec 31, 2022
Users with more than 10,000 miles on FSD Beta should be given the option to turn off the steering wheel nag. @elonmusk

@elonmusk
Dec 31, 2022
Replying to @WholeMarsBlog
Agreed, update coming in Jan

@WholeMarsBlog
Dec 31, 2022
RIP Autopilot nag. You won’t be missed

Reactions: Edtreo and DanCar