Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autosteer dummy spit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure about that, max speed is 90mph.

But I did try and see what happens if I don't provide any steering input and ignore all the warnings to see what would happen, that's quite interesting;), and then it wont re engage auto steer for the rest of the journey.

Apparently if you exceed some arbitrary speed Autosteer spits it's dummy out and refuses to engage again for the rest of the journey.

Its done that for a long time (years as i recall it). I don't see the point ... i've nudged over 90 making space for someone, and then been locked out until next in Park. Strikes me that the remainder of that part of my journey was more dangerous as a result of not having AP available ...

I thought Autosteer was limited to 50mph on non-motorway roads?

No, it will drive at the speed limit (+offset). In some places it will decide that its max speed for AP is below that, but "it depends" applies. Personally I don't use AP on non dual carriageway roads, except for sometimes on major A-roads (good markings both sides, wide lanes)

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I thought Autosteer was limited to 50mph on non-motorway roads? On the LR test drive I had I seem to recall it showing that on the display at least.

Definitely not ... the car will happily head towards a corner at 60 if that's the current limit ... even a corner that it can't manage to handle ... just be ready for that "over to you" moment!

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Yup :(

IMG_1741.jpeg