Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autosteer on Local Roads!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
17.5.36! 35mph autosteer on local roads!!

Attachments

• IMG_9907.JPG
    IMG_9907.JPG
    384.9 KB · Views: 113
I get my car this delivered this weekend hopefully. What does AP2 currently allow and where does it fall short vs AP1? Is there a checklist somewhere?

Your car will not have AP activated until you've driven a while and let the cameras calibrate. Also Tesla has been shipping some cars with dated firmware. Just check you're on the latest firmware. There is a list of features on electrek.

Worrysome that they added 35 MPH local roads but didn't bump highways to even 55 MPH. They appear to be having issues with higher speed steering. The only time I had my car do the lane bounce was when I let it go 50 MPH on autosteer without a car in front of me.

At this rate we're at July before it will do 90 MPH like AP1 will. No idea when auto wipers, highbeams, parking, and summon will appear.

Remember Elon's tweet on Dec 22:

"Looks like we might be ready to rollout most of Autopilot functionality for HW2 towards the end of next week"

He tweeted that 66 days after AP2 was announced and we're now 55 days after the tweet with all but a few features still missing or below AP1 parity.

Actually I believe it is far less restrictive for AP1 drivers as well as last December they got restricted to divided/limited access roads only. Prior to that restriction, AP1 could be used on pretty much any roads. This is getting AP back to that standard step-by-step.

What?? "They" (we) did not!

The restriction that got placed in December is that we could only go the speed limit on restricted roads. It used to be 90mph at launch, and in 7.1 ish got turned into +5mph, and then in December turned into +0mph for a month, and then went back to +5mph.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP