Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autosteer on Local Roads!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe. Maybe not. It could be that autosteer on higher speed, divided roads is the low hanging fruit of AP whereas local roads provide the far greater challenge / demand greater development resources.

They'd get a lot more bang for the marketing buck by getting it to just work on all highways up to 90 MPH like AP1 and actually reach parity with AP1 somewhere than to work on local roads while leaving highways at stop-n-go traffic only.

Plus, 45 MPH, then 50 MPH, then still 50 MPH? Doesn't sound like it's easy. If it was easy they would have upped to at least 55 MPH in this release.

What?? "They" (we) did not!

The restriction that got placed in December is that we could only go the speed limit on restricted roads. It used to be 90mph at launch, and in 7.1 ish got turned into +5mph, and then in December turned into +0mph for a month, and then went back to +5mph.

Thanks for the correction. I drove a model AP1 over a year ago but haven't driven one of those since...

Looks like 17.5.36 is a pretty limited release (I don't have it yet). According to Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App it's only hit 14 cars in total, all in the US and Canada, all AP2 cars (apart from one) and none of them P100Ds. Since there's already been another update out after it with an increment to the minor part of the version (17.6.15 - removing limits for AP1 cars), I wonder if we can expect another wider update soon?