Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with Tesla. My delivery is scheduled for Sunday 9/30 at Fremont. They said they won’t have VIN and MVPA until Friday 9/28 and if they don’t have it by then they’ll have to push delivery out to the first week of October. IF I end up getting the MVPA by Friday I’ll have to finish the loan with the CU and have them send the check same day. Gonna be crazy... Anyone else taking delivery in Fremont this weekend and in the same situation?

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Who left on these forums still doesn’t even have a delivery date?

As in you made a reservation and subsequent deposit but have heard nothing since... Zip. Zero. Zilch.

We need to stick together.
I'm still here; heard nothing. Looks like we're mostly on the East Coast. Looks like I'm behind you but with a different config. Based on Troy's spreadsheet I'm guessing maybe two to three more weeks of silence?

Reactions: the_danimal
What was the Highland Park site like? A madhouse? I’m supposed to pick up my M3 in Highland Park this Saturday.

I’m thinking it’s going to be an absolute zoo. Not even sure where to park my trade in. I’ll look for red.....

Between 9:35am and 10:40am, there were never more than five customers in the store. I would estimate around 50% were there for service. It may have been an anomaly but there were two stretches where nobody other than me was in the store. I was pretty surprised.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I'm still here; heard nothing. Looks like we're mostly on the East Coast. Looks like I'm behind you but with a different config. Based on Troy's spreadsheet I'm guessing maybe two to three more weeks of silence?

I'm still here. When I called and bugged them yesterday they told me I have a delivery advisor. Other than that nothing. Reserved 8/3/17, configured 6/30/18, Tyson's Virginia.

Me too... order details in the sig. Haven't heard anything. Haven't been given any real details when I've called.

You know, this is going to upset some people (like me) that were given a scheduled delivery in Sept and then pushed back to October because Tesla can't seem to get my car on a train to the east coast for the past 2 weeks.

I agree, that really sucks. Tesla needs to get their crap together. I've been saying this for the past few months.

Long time lurker, first time poster, long time waiter. What a trip so far...

Cincinnati, OH
Reservation 4/7/16
Order 6/28/18 (no changes or adjustments since order)

Model 3 LR AWD
Red Multi-Coat
Premium Black Interior
19" Sport Wheels
No EAP/FSD

No activity and painful waiting until last week, then as it turned out even more pain:
9/17/18 - Email scheduling delivery in Cincinnati for 9/26 5 PM - great DSA in Fremont (Michael)
9/18/18 - VIN and MVPA appear in account, also asking for final payment
9/21/18 - VIN and MVPA disappear on account - DSA involves new IDA in Vegas (Che - also great), car delivery still on
9/25/18 - (11 AM) Contacted by a DA via phone in Vegas (Heather), delivery cancelled - no ETA or anything to share
9/25/18 - (1 PM) Contacted by my IDA who reschedules me to this Friday 9/28 - no VIN yet

Apparently car tagged for me is scheduled to arrive tomorrow in Cincinnati, but time is uncertain. Thank goodness I have had good and responsive DSA and IDA agents, otherwise I would have lost my mind at this point (and really, I would think it is still a toss-up Friday will happen).

I want to believe. I want to be an evangelist. But I can't recall any purchase being this stressful and disjointed. Trying to keep the faith...

Ordered AWD, silver, no EAP, all standard other than AWD, on July 16th. Last week got delivery date for Portland OR, set up for 9/28. Today got VIN, still no final contract - they say they need to finalize my trade-in first. Financing via my own bank, and not a previous owner. Crossing fingers, as all delivery centers are likely to be extremely busy through Sunday for the end-of-quarter push.

I was just about to reach out to Inside Advisor to follow up on Tesla matching a second appraisal for my trade-in, when I received a call - my first returned call! At first he told me that my delivery site changed from Highland Park (IL) to Grand Ave in Chicago. I didn't request any changes, but told him I was fine with it because I actually live in the city, so it's closer / more convenient.

I asked about Grand Ave also because we are coming in by train and I was told that Grand Ave didn't do Model 3 deliveries.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Scheduled for 9/28
Called the service center and they basically told me they have my delivery slot scheduled, but they don't have the car yet. They said they really can't confirm anything other than it's in transport and they'll reach out on Thursday either way. They claim they have so many coming in now that they really don't Know what will arrive when.

Didn't give me a lot of confidence