Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update. Tesla just delivered my M3 to my home.

Quick update. The Highland Park folks just delivered the car to my home at 9:30pm. Kudos to them for their efforts to correct the failed delivery this morning.

What was the Highland Park site like? A madhouse? I’m supposed to pick up my M3 in Highland Park this Saturday.
We’re picking up at 2pm on 9/29 at Highland Park. Maybe we’ll see you there!

I’m thinking it’s going to be an absolute zoo. Not even sure where to park my trade in. I’ll look for red.....

What was the Highland Park site like? A madhouse? I’m supposed to pick up my M3 in Highland Park this Saturday.

I'm there the same day too! My appointment is at 1230. I'll have an extra iPhone cable to trade ;-)

Also, my account changed to accept payment but take the VIN assignment out as a step, even though my VIN is still there just fine. I have a hunch they are working to fix the computer issues.

Anyone else with Highland Park talk to a delivery advisor? My scheduling person has done everything with me, and she's been absolutely great. She is the one who reached out proactively to me to confirm details and push things along. I sort of assume that's enough?

I’m thinking it’s going to be an absolute zoo. Not even sure where to park my trade in. I’ll look for red.....
My pick up date is Wednesday tomorrow. I have a Vin but no Mvpa. I called the 888 number, and told him I had to have that document, they connected me to the person who writes it, I got a email five minutes later that says it’s all good. It was not good, but the email give me a phone number to call and I called it and the guy Brian said he’ll have it fixed by 10:30 today. There are so many moving parts one delivery it’s amazing. If you call, be patient . I called Brian 2 hours after closing and he was still there working

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and webdbbt
Alright I am getting a bit fed up since i'm a reservation holder since 6/2016 and have had no movement on getting the car.

Called today and was told for the first time that they have started escalating accounts that are this far back without their cars to supervisors. She escalated the account further up so that I can be "pushed to the front of the line." Lets see if this does anything.

Alright I am getting a bit fed up since i'm a reservation holder since 6/2016 and have had no movement on getting the car.

Called today and was told for the first time that they have started escalating accounts that are this far back without their cars to supervisors. She escalated the account further up so that I can be "pushed to the front of the line." Lets see if this does anything.

It's amazing that you need to call to get this to happen. Can they not query the database on their own, identify such accounts, and escalate them automatically. This company is so amazingly incompetent at ordering and delivery logistics.

It's amazing that you need to call to get this to happen. Can they not query the database on their own, identify such accounts, and escalate them automatically. This company is so amazingly incompetent at ordering and delivery logistics.
Same thought I had.

You'd actually think that people with longer reservation times would be at the front anyhow, but I guess that makes too much sense for Tesla at this point.

I'm now 30 hours from scheduled delivery and have neither a VIN or MVPA. Have resigned myself to the fact it's likely not happening.

And now it's officially not happening. Received an email I've been delayed after calling my delivery center this morning. Back to an Oct-Dec estimate.

My account still says "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." I assume that's because the terms of my Tesla finance loan are still valid (until 30 days are up)??

8/1 - ordered
9/6 - emailed to choose delivery date
9/7 - delivery date confirmed
9/11 - Tesla finance credit application submitted
9/19 - VIN appeared in my account
9/20 - VIN removed from my account
9/25 - delivery appointment for 9/26 cancelled

Called today and was told for the first time that they have started escalating accounts that are this far back without their cars to supervisors. .

Far back as in 2016? Or is there a specific cut off they are looking at?

Asking cause my sister pre-ordered end of summer 2016 and hasn't heard anything. I am day two res holder picking up this weekend. We have the same config with a different paint color (MSM vs red). Both of us configured within a couple hours of each other on June 27th. Thinking I should tell her to give Tesla a call....

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
And now it's officially not happening. Received an email I've been delayed after calling my delivery center this morning. Back to an Oct-Dec estimate.

My account still says "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." I assume that's because the terms of my Tesla finance loan are still valid (until 30 days are up)??

8/1 - ordered
9/6 - emailed to choose delivery date
9/7 - delivery date confirmed
9/11 - Tesla finance credit application submitted
9/19 - VIN appeared in my account
9/20 - VIN removed from my account
9/25 - delivery appointment for 9/26 cancelled

That sucks. Did they give you any reason why? Why vin removed? Why delayed?

I was just about to reach out to Inside Advisor to follow up on Tesla matching a second appraisal for my trade-in, when I received a call - my first returned call! At first he told me that my delivery site changed from Highland Park (IL) to Grand Ave in Chicago. I didn't request any changes, but told him I was fine with it because I actually live in the city, so it's closer / more convenient.

I then asked if delivery was still scheduled for Friday (9/28) as I was rescheduled once before (originally 9/24, prior to VIN assignment), and he said that unfortunately it would have to be pushed back one day, but that it appeared the car was en route and scheduled to arrive on 9/28, although I am not sure if at the Grand Ave location or some nearby staging lot. A little bit annoying, but at least now I wouldn't have to make up an excuse to cut out of work early on Friday.

Then he said that I was actually scheduled for home delivery (again, not something I requested or was previously offered). He initially said the Grand Ave location for pickup because it's listed as the nearest delivery/service center, but when reviewing my account he saw I was scheduled for home delivery on Saturday (9/29). He said there is something going on with the Highland Park location because he's personally had to reschedule a couple deliveries from there, so for those with delivery in HP in the coming days it might be worth a quick phone call to confirm. I asked how I would handle the trade-in and finalizing any paperwork / payment and he told me that honestly, it's all completely up in the air because a lot of processes are changing and the email communication internally has been lacking - good to know it's not just us being left in the dark ;)

Anyways, he's been the most responsive and transparent of agents I've spoken to thus far and it's pretty clear that he's doing the best he can with what he's got access to. He submitted my secondary appraisal to the team to review and hopefully match, and told me he'd get me an answer on how the vehicle was going to be delivered - flat bed or driven. I assume the latter so they can drive away with my trade-in, but again, who knows...

We’re picking up at 2pm on 9/29 at Highland Park. Maybe we’ll see you there!
It’s going to be a party in Highland Park. I’m scheduled for 10am. I haven’t had any contact from any ISA yet though. DA scheduled earlier in the month and it’s been crickets since. I have my final MVPA, got an email to electronically sign it yesterday, but want to confirm some things before I do. Does your MVPA list Oak Brook as the delivery location?

@TechSavvyWife congrats on a Saturday delivery finally! Where are you picking up yours out of curiosity?

My sympathies to those whose Model 3 orders appear to be in limbo due to Tesla's mistakes. I hope you'll hang in there for a great car and a very important mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy and clean transportation.

As a first day reserver myself, I'm thankful to be able to report more good news. We finally received a call from a delivery advisor, at the 11th hour relative to our delivery appointment. He requested a couple of documents, and perhaps more importantly, confirmed at my request that our delivery center has received our car and will have it prepped in time for our appointment!

I also asked about the report (rumor?) of a free Supercharging offer for non-P Model 3s ordered by the end of the quarter. The delivery advisor told me to raise this question at the delivery center. I told him that's funny because the gentleman at the delivery center told me to ask our delivery advisor. So our delivery advisor promised to escalate this question and get a response. Free Supercharging wouldn't be more than a minor perk for us, since we find it most convenient to charge at home whenever possible, but it would be a motivator for a friend of ours who is interested in ordering a Tesla vehicle.

• Love
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
I ended up calling back CS this afternoon since the lady was unhelpful this morning. The guy I spoke with also noted that they were trying to get through the people that were "in limbo" so he gave me the number for deliveries. When calling them though the lady seemed pretty clueless as to what to do or who to even talk to about not having a delivery location set on my account and thus no movement on my account. She took my information and said to expect a call back. I don't expect a call back and expect to have to call in again at some point...

As expected I didn't get a call back so I just called in again. This person told me that no notes were added to the account so no updates since talking to them yesterday. He also told me that I need to be assigned a Delivery Advisor before being assigned a delivery location. Does this sound right to others? He said I can call back in a day or two if I don't hear anything from them.

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden
2785A265-93FB-4BD1-979D-1C87A9F291B2.jpeg

Reactions: abasile
I was actually glad to see an email from my DSA today acknowledging that they have no car for me for the delivery they originally put as this coming weekend. Although they called it ”unforeseen transit delays with your Model 3, we do not expect the vehicle to arrive on time for your anticipated appointment.”

I think that is code for “your backwards state’s laws locked up all our cars in a rail yard, so we shipped it 2000 miles past you to give to some non-reservation holder who ordered early September”

Really hoping for a car before my loan expires 11/1.

Wait, is that a double negative, yes we have no car for you?

My DA said he expected his job to be crazy for the unforseeable future, but once the push to end the quarter strong is off, the system should be more functional. At least that his what his therapist is counting on.

Scheduled for a 9/29 delivery in Minnesota, after a 9/25 cancelled delivery. Haven't heard anything from the IDA, with some lingering details that need to be worked out for financing. My bank is going dark 9/28-10/2 for a system upgrade, so we need to get it finalized a couple days ahead if it's going to happen on the 29th. Have had a VIN on the Tesla website for the past week. My wife called the local delivery center and asked about our car. Apparently it was shipped to Nebraska, is going to Chicago, and from there back to Minnesota. Partially by rail and then by truck. (Doesn't sound like the most efficient shipping path - Minnesota is closer to Nebraska than Chicago is) It's due to arrive in Minnesota on the 30th. So it looks like another missed delivery appointment. Incidentally, I've been checking my VIN on the United Road delivery receipts website for the past week. It's always showing not found, so that hasn't been very helpful. They must be using a different shipper for my car. I'm trying to not get too disappointed, but it would just be nice if they had their stuff together a bit better. I sold my car in anticipation of a 9/25 delivery, and now I need to limp by for who knows how long.