Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See that is your problem. You are not looking hard enough.

Did you look at the undercarriage? run your fingers through the tires? I am sure there will be a scratch or two. What panel gap measuring device did you take with you? Anything less than Vernier calipers, you are slipping. Haven't you seen all the Business Insider, WSJ, Bloomberg and Seeking Lies articles on imperfect paints and panel gaps? How can they all be wrong?

Go back and look hard with a magnifying lens. Post in TMC, Reddit and create a stink.

You will feel good.
Lol I almost read this without the satire.

A quick update. Took delivery of an AWD SMS LR EAP almost 2 weeks ago as I mentioned before. I bought aluminum performance pedals and went to pull off the old rubber pedals and realized that there was no rubber pedal on the accelerator! Not a huge deal as I would have replaced it anyway, but I am curious as to how the car could end up here without one. I'm not sure how I didn't notice it either... Anyone else notice things like this?

A quick update. Took delivery of an AWD SMS LR EAP almost 2 weeks ago as I mentioned before. I bought aluminum performance pedals and went to pull off the old rubber pedals and realized that there was no rubber pedal on the accelerator! Not a huge deal as I would have replaced it anyway, but I am curious as to how the car could end up here without one. I'm not sure how I didn't notice it either... Anyone else notice things like this?
I also put performance pedals on and noticed this. I think only the brake has a removable rubber pedal. I put the performance pedal over the accelerator as it is.

A quick update. Took delivery of an AWD SMS LR EAP almost 2 weeks ago as I mentioned before. I bought aluminum performance pedals and went to pull off the old rubber pedals and realized that there was no rubber pedal on the accelerator! Not a huge deal as I would have replaced it anyway, but I am curious as to how the car could end up here without one.
The car ended up that way because that's how they all are. There is nothing to remove from the go pedal. Only the brake pedal.

I also put performance pedals on and noticed this. I think only the brake has a removable rubber pedal. I put the performance pedal over the accelerator as it is.
Correct!

Finally heard from my Delivery Advisor today.

My scheduled delivery had been penciled in for 12/14 since soon after my order on 10/31. But the email said the car is estimated to arrive a week before, so I may be picking up next weekend instead!

This is a white-on-white AWD, so I'm relieved that it will be here sooner rather than later. Seemed like all the deliveries lately have been for black interiors.

Reactions: SMAlset
I took delivery of a my LR AWD model 3 this Friday so far I am loving it but just turned it into a detail shop for PPF, ceramic coat, and tint. They kind of rushed me out of there but the car except for a couple of very minor paint issues was flawless. Did not notice many swirls or scratches. Everything seems to be working fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    469.2 KB · Views: 70
I took delivery of a my LR AWD model 3 this Friday so far I am loving it but just turned it into a detail shop for PPF, ceramic coat, and tint. They kind of rushed me out of there but the car except for a couple of very minor paint issues was flawless. Did not notice many swirls or scratches. Everything seems to be working fine.
Is the photo of the car before or after detail? Looks great!

Congratulations.

I know of what you speak. My detail guy wanted to get the car the DAY that I took delivery. After waiting 2.5 years for the car, I wanted to enjoy it for at least a week (and make sure there were no show-stopping flaws!) before spending all that money and being without the car for a week! All turned out well, though of course I DID pick up a chip on the nose before the PPF went on. :sigh:

• Love
Reactions: glassjaw77
Is the photo of the car before or after detail? Looks great!

Congratulations.

I know of what you speak. My detail guy wanted to get the car the DAY that I took delivery. After waiting 2.5 years for the car, I wanted to enjoy it for at least a week (and make sure there were no show-stopping flaws!) before spending all that money and being without the car for a week! All turned out well, though of course I DID pick up a chip on the nose before the PPF went on. :sigh:
The photo is before taking it to the detailer. I kept it over the weekend and left it with the detailer Sunday night. The paint looks great from the factory. I couldn’t be more pleased. I thought I had a low Vin and was worried that it was a reject but car was manufactured in Nov and includes a dual motor badge.

The photo is before taking it to the detailer. I kept it over the weekend and left it with the detailer Sunday night. The paint looks great from the factory. I couldn’t be more pleased. I thought I had a low Vin and was worried that it was a reject but car was manufactured in Nov and includes a dual motor badge.
Excellent. My paint looked great before the "paint correction" as well, and now is unbelievable. Yeah, the VINs mean very little these days. Tesla gets them in huge chunks and just seem to grab whatever is handy each time they roll a car off.