Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
~91 days after configuring the account now changed to let me enter finance info. Edit design link is gone as well! No VIN, but have a delivery advisor assigned as per their sales-support rep I spoke to over the phone yesterday.

AWD, OBM, 19" Wheels, EAP+FSD
Configured on May 20.
Financed via DCU - 2.99%

Now onto the "Schedule your delivery appointment" step....

Reactions: willa1975
Congrats! Were there any signs of anything, or did you just call out of the blue? 966XX is nice and high. Should be (relatively) trouble free on delivery!
Last night I noticed that my Edit button was gone and the system was asking me to apply for financing/trade-in. Then this morning I got the financing offer. So, I decided to call since I'd like to see Credit Union competitive offers but I don't want to have them run my credit twice if the car won't be here in 30 days. The rep was nice, gave him my RN and asked about the VIN.

You'll most likely get an email within the next 24 hours... Congrats!

You got that right!

Got the call today - My car will be here this weekend!
WAY Sooner than expected. I am ecstatic!

^_^
----------------------------

Reserved 8-18-17
Ordered 7-1-18
Changed to white interior 7-26-18
Edit button disappeared 8-19-18
Red
White Interior
LR AWD (non-P)
18 Aero
EAP

Damn. I wish I never opted for the 'cash' option so I could continue to use the edit button as a status checker. As it stands my Edit button has been gone for almost a full month with no update! I called 88TESLA and they said I was two weeks out from getting a VIN assigned. The two week mark will be this Friday... fingers crossed.

I reserved on 4/1 and configured on 7/17, AWD, LR, etc.–delivery date 9/18 to 11/18. Two days later, I inquired about adding enhanced autopilot by phone, asking if it would impact delivery. Since it’s a software update, I was told it would have no impact. I inquired again yesterday by email and received an email response today, a month late. The email acknowledges my “request” and shifts my delivery date a month to 10/18-12/18. This is crazy. I didn’t order the car yesterday. I ordered it a over a month ago. Anyone encounter anything like this?

Damn. I wish I never opted for the 'cash' option so I could continue to use the edit button as a status checker. As it stands my Edit button has been gone for almost a full month with no update! I called 88TESLA and they said I was two weeks out from getting a VIN assigned. The two week mark will be this Friday... fingers crossed.

If you can access this link (replace RNXXXXXXXXX with your reservation number), then I believe it is the consensus here that you do not have a VIN assigned yet: Tesla SSO – Login

If you can access this link (replace RNXXXXXXXXX with your reservation number), then I believe it is the consensus here that you do not have a VIN assigned yet: Tesla SSO – Login

So... depends on what you mean by access. When I use that link it redirects me to the "Manage" page. (Btw, the "Prepare for Delivery" bullet has been checked since they unveiled this new design. Not sure if that matters.)

So... depends on what you mean by access. When I use that link it redirects me to the "Manage" page. (Btw, the "Prepare for Delivery" bullet has been checked since they unveiled this new design. Not sure if that matters.)

Be sure to copy the URL and change the RN number first. Actually clicking the link takes me to the manage page as well. As Runt8 says, if you do not have a VIN you should end up at the configurator (as I do unfortunately).

You got that right!

Got the call today - My car will be here this weekend!
WAY Sooner than expected. I am ecstatic!

^_^
----------------------------

Reserved 8-18-17
Ordered 7-1-18
Changed to white interior 7-26-18
Edit button disappeared 8-19-18
Red
White Interior
LR AWD (non-P)
18 Aero
EAP

The magic 8 ball likes you.

Tesla is screwing up doing this. How the hell is it fair that day 1 reservation holders/earlier orders are getting passed over and over like this.

Reactions: MountainRatMat
Ironically, I was perfectly fine waiting until I got contacted by an IDA.

Now that my delivery got canceled, I’m checking my email every half hour and checking the website twice a day.

You got that right! Especially since I made the poor decision to sell my previously car a bit too early. Ever since I canceled my RWD, I've been checking the Tesla site multiple times a day too.

I just tried this and I’m not sure what to really think. I replaced the RN number and I get taken to the page where is still stays “prepare for delivery” with the “prepare for delivery” step unchecked. I still have the edit button as well.

Not sure I believe this. As soon as I switched to the 'cash' option, all options to edit disappeared. I believe this link would have done the same thing immediately.
When your vehicle is almost ready, the delivery advisor is supposed to disable your ability to edit config. If the link disappeared for some other reason (cash pymt n no trade in) then the link pasted above would take you to the configurator even though edit design link disappeared from your account page.

Not sure I believe this. As soon as I switched to the 'cash' option, all options to edit disappeared. I believe this link would have done the same thing immediately.

My edit link disappeared immediately when I switched to cash but I can still access the configurator from that link.
Same here, I haven't had the edit link for roughly a month (right when I switched to cash) but changing the URL still lets me edit my configuration.

For those of us in Washington State, you can double check the tax rate for where you live on this site, by the Dept of Revenue: https://webgis.dor.wa.gov/taxratelookup/SalesTax.aspx

Or this PDF of dealer and leasing company local sales and use tax rates: https://dor.wa.gov/sites/default/fi...Tx/LocSalUseTx/MVETLocalSlsUseFlyer_18_Q3.pdf

When I look at the estimated taxes on My Tesla, they're a few hundred dollars higher than what they seem like they should be.
Hey, thanks for the links. I ran my numbers and the local taxes that Tesla reports are about $1,100 more than the 8.2% that SalesTax lookup reported. Perhaps because I live on the north Olympic Peninsula, but am picking up the car in Seattle?