Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to log into the app finally last week, did the videos and loot box thing. This morning I tried again and it said no item associated with my account and it immediately logged me out. the good ol days...

Anyway, that 6 weeks from config thing is promising. I've edited my config a bunch, but the fact remains I gave them an extra $2,500 on June 28th. I'd love to hear something within the next week or two... As others have said, the past month+ has been painful.

Just got an email saying that our Model 3 has finished production and Tesla ready to prepare for delivery. The website still says September - November for delivery. Email is basically for me to verify the configuration and make sure all documents on the site. We had done that all weeks ago. We ordered July 1st.

Does this mean we should expect earlier then September 1?

• Love
Reactions: Ron Kerensky
Just got an email saying that our Model 3 has finished production and Tesla ready to prepare for delivery. The website still says September - November for delivery. Email is basically for me to verify the configuration and make sure all documents on the site. We had done that all weeks ago. We ordered July 1st.

Does this mean we should expect earlier then September 1?

What's your config, res date, and other details?

I had no reservation and not a previous owner and put down my $2500 last week on a AWD non performance. They people at the showroom said I would have no problem getting the car delivered prior to the end if the year. My estimated delivery is Oct-Dec. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on if they think I would get it delivered in time for the full tax credit. Also I am new to the forums and reading about VIN #’s assigned , the edit button going away etc. I was wondering if someone might give me an idea of what each thing means and how far along your are In the process when each of those items happen. Thanks.
If I were you I would be budgeting for only the $3,750 tax rebate.

I was able to log into the app finally last week, did the videos and loot box thing. This morning I tried again and it said no item associated with my account and it immediately logged me out. the good ol days...

Hmmm... I have two mobile phones. The app is working consistently today on the phone that is not associated to my Tesla account. I just tried the phone that is on my Tesla account and it says no product is associated, and won't log in! Maybe there is a 2nd level test for the device phone number that triggers the no product message.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
He called and scheduled it. Now from my previous experience with our S. It could get delayed because of car sitting in rail yard for a couple of days. Now with so many more cars being delivered that may not happen.
Cool. I was just hoping my car would show up faster, lol. I suppose I’ll wait until next Monday to see if they know where it is. But on the other hand if they don’t it may drive me crazy. So maybe I won’t ask.

Reserved: Line-Stander 3/31/16
Ordered: 5/30/18
Multi-Coat Red
Premium
AWD
LR
EAP
19"
Pick-up: Chicago
Estimated Delivery: Sept-Nov

I just got the congratulatory email with a VIN. It's happening after two years! Anyone know how long the wait for delivery is on average after this? Excited as you can imagine!

According to the tracker spreadsheets, most fall within the 6-10 day range I believe from Vin to delivery. Please correct me anyone else if I read that wrong...

Reactions: Ron Kerensky
I believe the consensus is that it just reflects the roll-out of the app update and most of us have access to it. I was in same situation as you. 5 Weeks past configuration date, no VIN, no DA, etc.

Oops, sorry for two posts in a row. My Tesla app was updating before the last one. I tried logging into it before - nothing. Updated, tried logging in, and it's telling me about my Model 3.

Based on that, I agree it's the app update and nothing about getting a Vin, or else I got mine in the last ten minutes

Reserved: Line-Stander 3/31/16
Ordered: 5/30/18
Multi-Coat Red
Premium
AWD
LR
EAP
19"
Pick-up: Chicago
Estimated Delivery: Sept-Nov

I just got the congratulatory email with a VIN. It's happening after two years! Anyone know how long the wait for delivery is on average after this? Excited as you can imagine!
Congrats! What were the first 2 digits of your 5 digit vin serial number?