Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We loved it down there. 77-80 Reston, 93-98 Sterling
9/3/2017 - reserved
6/28/2018 - invited to configure
6/29/2018 - 00:03 - configured AWD, red/blk 18" aero, PUP, FSD
Closest delivery location: Dedham, MA

There is not enough data to make accurate predictions on delivery.
why? RWD stockpiled, delivered en mass 7/2018
AWD backlogged, transitioning from RWD to AWD, unknown backlog
presumptions: if they produce 5500->6000 /week they can deliver 5500->6000/week
Known unknown: backlog, if its 50,000 that's roughly 10wks
when will 10,500 fresh VINs be assigned. That represents 2 weeks of production.
to what extent have AWDs been under-promised and over-delivered, will 2 months really be 1 mo?
I expect backlog on AWD fulfilled in Aug. Ppl getting deliveries now reserved in late April 2016, this indicates initial bubble has been fulfilled.
I anticipate late Aug notification and early Sept delivery.
Thanks- this is the most rational stream I've seen on this topic in a while. I have been thinking many of the same things and optimistically hope you're right about August!

Woah! What bank do you have a 1.49% from? That's great!
Sadly, its a CU for law enforcement officers. Was getting ready to pull the trigger with Everence @ 2.99% then our department joined this CU and I couldn't believe my eyes at rate quote. Thankfully my edit link disappeared today and all information confirmed, hoping call from Nevada early this week with VIN and delivery date!

Reactions: willa1975
Similar-ish. I happened to notice the grey dots go yellow yesterday. Filled in the financing information and uploaded pictures. It's a little complicated for me as I'm in Philadelphia and my car is in SW Virginia. My husband took pictures for me--only took three tries and he still didn't get the 'rear from an angle' shot. I uploaded the 'straight up the rear' shot anyway as there was a 'warning' that all pictures must be uploaded in 24 hours.

So, in my case:

Reservation: 5/30/2017
Configured: 7/19/2018
Blue AWD, Non-P, black interior, aero wheels (no EAP, and never changed configuration)
Delivery: Richmond, VA
Edit button removed: 8/11/2018
VIN:
delivery date:

No calls or emails yet. I'll call Tesla tomorrow to see about a VIN, then I'm calling my credit union tomorrow to start the ball rolling with/without a VIN as much as possible.

I'd actually prefer pushing this into October if possible as my electric is being difficult to set up (running power to a detached garage and we have underground service). Plus I'm out of town now, and again later in August through the first week of September. I read on the internet (so it must be true) that they don't accept power of attorneys for pickup so I can't just send my husband. I also live 180 miles from the nearest delivery center so have to plan around work. Getting pretty excited though with the change in my account!
That's really exciting! I am happy for you. So I reserved 9/3/17, ordered 6/29/18, Redm AWD, non-P, black, aero wheels.
Would you elaborate on "gray dots going to yellow"?

Reactions: 1deepthink
Sadly, its a CU for law enforcement officers. Was getting ready to pull the trigger with Everence @ 2.99% then our department joined this CU and I couldn't believe my eyes at rate quote. Thankfully my edit link disappeared today and all information confirmed, hoping call from Nevada early this week with VIN and delivery date!
What about Firefighter/EMT/Code Enforcement?

One thing to note is that you have to do the link exactly correctly or else it kicks you back out to the main login page. When I first checked out that link I was going to the following, because it took the same link structure as the product-finalize page:

Tesla SSO – Login

That kicked me back to the login page. But when I did the actual link it does take me to the design studio:

Tesla SSO – Login

Robarino might want to check that the link is formatted correctly.

I didn't have the edit button available, I used this link and it worked to make edits but it pushed back my delivery date time frame. My account now shows Oct-Dec instead of Sept-Nov. My heart sank. It still doesn't reflect the change I made from cash to loan either. I'm calling Tesla today. The sales number says they are not open. Not sure what number people are using that is 24/7.

I didn't have the edit button available, I used this link and it worked to make edits but it pushed back my delivery date time frame. My account now shows Oct-Dec instead of Sept-Nov. My heart sank. It still doesn't reflect the change I made from cash to loan either. I'm calling Tesla today. The sales number says they are not open. Not sure what number people are using that is 24/7.
Don’t worry about the estimated delivery date too much. Its not personalized and is literally your order date/edit date + 2-4 months. I’ve had a friend who used this method and changed design, and got called the next day despite a “revised” October-December delivery date

Don’t worry about the estimated delivery date too much. Its not personalized and is literally your order date/edit date + 2-4 months. I’ve had a friend who used this method and changed design, and got called the next day despite a “revised” October-December delivery date

Basically this. Your original $2500 date carries more weight than your edit date so if an unassigned VIN matches your new config, you can luck out and get it sooner rather than later

I made this observation the other day. For people who have already configured their car leave it alone. If you change the configuration you effectively have a new configuration that may likely trigger a new date.

So, in my case:

Blue AWD, Non-P, black interior, aero wheels (no EAP, and never changed configuration)
VIN:
delivery date:

That's within 12 days of my reservation (6/11/17) and 3 weeks after my config.
Definitely the latest one Ive seen. Getting real close now :)

Reservation: 4/3/2016
Configured: 7/7/2018
Non-owner
White AWD, Non-P, black premium interior, aeros, EAP, FSD
Maryland
Changed to cash payment and all green: 8/12/2018
VIN:
Delivery:

I'm thinking I might call today to see if they can give me any update on a VIN.

I got pre-approved on 8/12/2018 for 1.49% for 60 months through FedChoice FCU (federal employees and contractors in the Washington, DC area) but plan to do LightStream to save another .1%.

Took delivery yesterday of 3DLR, VIN #66756. Looked great! They pushed the delivery process very fast to get us out the door within 15min. Minimal explanations, but said we would figure it out with videos which is no problem. No Dual Motor badge, but said it is coming. Next step is XPEL front-end clearbra (at Auto Armour in San Diego) and Cquartz UK application (doing it myself). Looking forward to drive more this week.

VIN:
delivery date:
For what it’s worth, this is my same config (except I did get EAP), I reserved on 6/29/17 and configured on 6/28/18, and I’ve had the “we will contact you when delivery is ready” page with no edit button since early July. I called Tesla on Friday and they said the order is fine and that they’ll call when I have a VIN.