Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OKC area (Norman, OK). Delivery to Dallas

AWD Red 19" wheels, autopilot/FSD

Reserved 4/1/16
Configured 6/28/18
Got email for final payment 8/16
Tesla drafted the checking account 8/20
Tentative pickup date 9/1/18

Not sure on VIN. There is one in my online contract, but the "next steps" does not have the vin number assigned check box checked. So, is the VIN in the contract the real VIN or just a place holder?

Not sure on VIN. There is one in my online contract, but the "next steps" does not have the vin number assigned check box checked. So, is the VIN in the contract the real VIN or just a place holder?

AWD, Red, Aero wheels, EAP

Reserved in-store 3/31/16
Configured 7/24/18
Contacted on 8/13/18
Delivery scheduled for 8/27/18

It took a few days before the VIN that was listed in the MVPA showed up in my account page. My account page now matches the MVPA, so it wasn't a place holder. Interestingly, I'm still awaiting the ability to make my final payment.

Successfully took delivery of AWD 669xx today in Tempe. So far, so good. The car was in essentially perfect condition. 1 tiny minor blemish in the clear coat that can be polished out in paint correction, but expectations totally met.

Efficiency is very good. 31 mi drive at 67-72 mph, ~108F external with A/C at 73F, 223 wh/mi for the drive.

Last edited:
AWD, Red, Aero wheels, EAP

Reserved in-store 3/31/16
Configured 7/24/18
Contacted on 8/13/18
Delivery scheduled for 8/27/18

It took a few days before the VIN that was listed in the MVPA showed up in my account page. My account page now matches the MVPA, so it wasn't a place holder. Interestingly, I'm still awaiting the ability to make my final payment.

MY MVPA VIN says 5YJ3E1EB2JF065XXX

The Tesla guy that contacted me from Nevada said they had to take payment 14 days in advance because I was buying in OK but taking delivery in TX. They do not have a delivery location in OK, so I would have to opt for home delivery if I wanted that. But, it was faster if I took DFW delivery (it would go to DFW anyways they said before shipping to OKC area).

I have a delivery appointment for 9/1, but they warned me that it could be changed based on shipping logistics.

Feels like a lot more deliveries here lately! Maybe those fooodgates will open soon for the rest of us. I’m hoping for late September delivery to beat the end of the quarter.

Non owner
5/2017 reservation
7/31/18 configuration
Non-P AWD MSM 19” wheels EAP no FSD
mt kisco NY delivery someday (oct-dec guidance)

Anyone who did a trade-in: did the SMS link form ask you for mileage anywhere in the process?

Any experience with trying to get them to match carvana?
I was told by Tesla, two different individuals at two different times, if you do not like their (Tesla's) quote, they will accept CarMax quotes. I would think it unreasonable they would match anyone else's. On that point they will not match Kelly Blue Book.

I was told by Tesla, two different individuals at two different times, if you do not like their (Tesla's) quote, they will accept CarMax quotes. I would think it unreasonable they would match anyone else's. On that point they will not match Kelly Blue Book.
They ask for mileage and want the odometer to be within 1000 miles of your stated mileage when you take it in for trade-in.

That is what concerns me. If I have to wait very long for another match after my delivery was canceled, I might end up going over in terms of miles since the car I am trading in is my daily driver.