Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called in again, and this time the rep told me that I have a Delivery Advisor assigned, but no VIN. He said it typically takes about 6 weeks from DA assignment to delivery, so that puts me well past my lease-end date for my current P90D :( He didn't have any estimates regarding the timeframe between DA assignment to VIN assignment though. (and wouldn't/couldn't let me know who my DA is)
Upgrade to performance instead of signing up for another lease? :)

Ordered the Dual Motor AWD, Silver Metallic, 18" Aero Wheels, Premium Black Interior, Enhanced Autopilot, Full Self-Driving. I had no prior reservation date, 7/25/18 order date. Still being given September-November timeframe. I guess this still seems about right?

I ordered same config -FSD on 7/18. Still shows Sep-Nov windo. I am also a non-owner and didn't make a reservation.

Upgrade to performance instead of signing up for another lease? :)

Thought about it, but it'd just add too much to my monthly payment. They're not leasing model 3's yet, which is too bad (I put very few miles on my cars and love to stay on the bleeding edge with tech.) I barely use 50% of what my P90DL offers as it is...

will they let you extend your lease? I'd imagine, since you are waiting for another Tesla, they'd work with you

They will... I checked in with US Bank, and they'll extend up to 6mos, and it's apparently a quick and painless process. Unfortunately, my registration is also due at the same time, and that would be nearly $900 (a year) for one or two months of use.

Does anyone know the ballpark timing between Delivery Advisor assignment and VIN?

Thought about it, but it'd just add too much to my monthly payment. They're not leasing model 3's yet, which is too bad (I put very few miles on my cars and love to stay on the bleeding edge with tech.) I barely use 50% of what my P90DL offers as it is...

They will... I checked in with US Bank, and they'll extend up to 6mos, and it's apparently a quick and painless process. Unfortunately, my registration is also due at the same time, and that would be nearly $900 (a year) for one or two months of use.

Does anyone know the ballpark timing between Delivery Advisor assignment and VIN?
This thread may be helpful.
How long before delivery did you get a VIN?
I may be an anomaly but I just received my VIN before contact from my delivery advisor.

Reactions: sbtz
Crazy. I switched to white interior on Friday and they said it would delay me by several weeks. Called in today and was told I have a VIN. Really want to switch to blue instead of silver but maybe I'll keep Aero's and just get aftermarket wheels. I feel like it would probably just delay me a few days again in reality, hopefully...
I switched to white interior 5 weeks ago and absolutely nothing has happened. My account page still shows black interior.

Ordered the Dual Motor AWD, Silver Metallic, 18" Aero Wheels, Premium Black Interior, Enhanced Autopilot, Full Self-Driving. I had no prior reservation date, 7/25/18 order date. Still being given September-November timeframe. I guess this still seems about right?
Call the sales number. I like you, ordered the same car, but white with 19's (which, I guess is different) and kept wondering why no VIN, or contact from anyone (since I have been unable to edit for a long time). Low and behold, after some typing on the other end, the sales rep said, "Congratulations your car is ready for shipment!" and then gave me my VIN. Nothing has changed on my account page, but was told that a delivery advisor would be in touch.

So call sales: (888) 518-3752 and ask. You might have a car on the way too.

I switched to white interior 5 weeks ago and absolutely nothing has happened. My account page still shows black interior.
You account page should show white interior, sounds like you didn't complete the edit on your order?

You account page should show white interior, sounds like you didn't complete the edit on your order?
I didn't have an edit button. I called and they sent the email that I responded to. The inside sales group sees the order modification and even "escalated" it three weeks ago. The holdup is in the Owner Operations Services Department that processes the order modifications. Other people have the same problem. I think i'm going to walk into the Fremont delivery center and talk to somebody there. So far, I haven't been able to reach any delivery people.

Owner
Reserved 3/31/16
Ordered 6/26/18
VIN Assigned 8/27/18
Silver Metallic/Black
18 Aero
Non-P, AWD, EAP, FSD

Info already added to Troy's spreadsheet
Fingers crossed that they did a whole bunch of these and I get mine too. Although not a previous owner, and not into autopilot until it’s dialed. At least I have the prereveal Reservation and 6/27 config if it means anything. Back of the line @Canikony and @aekemmerer ;)

Reactions: aekemmerer
I didn't have an edit button. I called and they sent the email that I responded to. The inside sales group sees the order modification and even "escalated" it three weeks ago. The holdup is in the Owner Operations Services Department that processes the order modifications. Other people have the same problem. I think i'm going to walk into the Fremont delivery center and talk to somebody there. So far, I haven't been able to reach any delivery people.
If you you change your payment type to something else, then does the edit button show back up?

so if the average config -> vin in my state is 60 days, does that mean if I configured on June 30th, I should expect to receive a VIN by this Thursday/Friday, which will be the 60 day mark?

No, unfortunately not. What the data is showing is that of those who received a VIN, on average it came 60 days after they ordered. The 60 day average does not account for those who are still waiting.

Starting to get anxious about this, since my current Model S lease ends the first week of October. I'm really disappointed that I haven't heard anything from Tesla except for repeated attempts to upsell me to a P3D, S, or X. My delivery time-frame is still Sept-Nov, but it'd be nice if I could know whether to extend my lease (with another YEAR of registration fees to be paid for what amounts to one month of use) or have to use uber to get around for a few weeks. Seeing others who reserved after me (4/1) or configured after me (6/27) get their same configs (AWD/MSM/Black/Aeros/EAP) is killing me. It seems like VIN->Delivery is several weeks, so I'm up against that lease-end already.
Some wonderful charts, thank you. Unfortunately for me, it seems Elin hates the state of Georgia :mad:
Fun fact: just got off the phone with las Vegas. In the course of the conversation I asked the required question, do I have a VIN? The answer was no, but that the car was 75% complete and 25% remain. I asked what that meant and she said it could be 3 to 5 weeks before I receive a VIN but it could be assigned tomorrow and three to five weeks before I get the car. Does anyone know what 75% complete means?
No, unfortunately not. What the data is showing is that of those who received a VIN, on average it came 60 days after they ordered. The 60 day average does not account for those who are still waiting.
im past 60 days and called today. No news and was told to be patient.

Call the sales number. I like you, ordered the same car, but white with 19's (which, I guess is different) and kept wondering why no VIN, or contact from anyone (since I have been unable to edit for a long time). Low and behold, after some typing on the other end, the sales rep said, "Congratulations your car is ready for shipment!" and then gave me my VIN. Nothing has changed on my account page, but was told that a delivery advisor would be in touch.

So call sales: (888) 518-3752 and ask. You might have a car on the way too.