Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received a call from DA saying that delivery would be delayed. Moved from 9/6 to 9/10.

Reserved: 4/1/2016
Ordered: 6/30/2018
Initial email from DA: 8/13
VIN assigned: around 8/16
Delivery originally scheduled: 9/6/2018
New delivery date: 9/10/2018

Red LR AWD 18" Aero EAP

Received an email 8/20 and then a call on 8/22. Scheduled date of delivery was for 8/28 in Fremont. Never received a VIN as my DA said I would receive it 24-48hrs before delivery (said it would be fresh off the line). Received a call 24hrs before delivery that it had to be cancelled due to "logistical issues." Tried to get more info from my DA and he said he didn't know anything else beyond logistical issues. Said he'd get back to me within 48hrs. It's been a week and still haven't heard anything. I sent a follow-up email this morning, still waiting...

My details:
Reserved 3/31 in-line
Configured 6/30
Upgraded to white interior 7/24 via email
Acknowledged by Tesla on 8/8

AWD
Pearl white
White interior
19" Sport wheels
Non EAP
Bay Area
Non - owner

Greetings folks

Non-P AWD/Sport Wheels/White Seats waiters, I have good news! That is my config, and I got the call early this morning, with pickup first thing 9/4 (day after labor day) from Freemont. According to the Order Tracker spreadsheet I'm the first in that config to get a delivery date. So if you are still waiting hopefully the dam has broken!

Any updates, were you able to take delivery today?

Received an email 8/20 and then a call on 8/22. Scheduled date of delivery was for 8/28 in Fremont. Never received a VIN as my DA said I would receive it 24-48hrs before delivery (said it would be fresh off the line). Received a call 24hrs before delivery that it had to be cancelled due to "logistical issues." Tried to get more info from my DA and he said he didn't know anything else beyond logistical issues. Said he'd get back to me within 48hrs. It's been a week and still haven't heard anything. I sent a follow-up email this morning, still waiting...

My details:
Reserved 3/31 in-line
Configured 6/30
Upgraded to white interior 7/24 via email
Acknowledged by Tesla on 8/8

AWD
Pearl white
White interior
19" Sport wheels
Non EAP
Bay Area
Non - owner

Wow - rough! Hope you get good news!

I got the call today. DA from Fremont called me directly. They have my car in stock and we scheduled the delivery for Monday, Sept. 10. No VIN yet. Only change to my portal page is the overview changed to have a check by "schedule your appointment" and my scheduled appointment is on my main page. It appears that I was not disadvantaged by my order modification (once it was inputted).

Reactions: tony b
You want nuts? How about just talking to a guy who lives a mile from me who took delivery of his car two weeks ago. The only difference is that he ordered the 19" wheels, and I ordered aeros. Oh... and he ordered two days after I did.

Yeah. Nuts.

Was it the same delivery location? I wonder if he got just lucky with the configuration, the data shows fewer orders for 19" wheels so if I one freed up (someone couldn't take delivery) he might have been next in line for that exact configuration in that delivery center.

• Informative
Reactions: yul sam
Was it the same delivery location? I wonder if he got just lucky with the configuration, the data shows fewer orders for 19" wheels so if I one freed up (someone couldn't take delivery) he might have been next in line for that exact configuration in that delivery center.
Same delivery location.

He was one of those guys who (like another friend who has taken delivery of my *exact* configuration also from the same location) who first heard from Tesla four days before the car was ready for pickup. Nothing for months, and then, hey, how does Tuesday look for you? So my guess is that you are correct that it was a quite matchup from a car that they suddenly had in inventory. But... uh.... hello. Am I still on the list?

In the meantime I switched from blue to white. But now seeing Sagedaddy's avatar, I want to switch back to blue!

Same delivery location.

He was one of those guys who (like another friend who has taken delivery of my *exact* configuration also from the same location) who first heard from Tesla four days before the car was ready for pickup. Nothing for months, and then, hey, how does Tuesday look for you? So my guess is that you are correct that it was a quite matchup from a car that they suddenly had in inventory. But... uh.... hello. Am I still on the list?

In the meantime I switched from blue to white. But now seeing Sagedaddy's avatar, I want to switch back to blue!

Maybe his name starts earlier in the alphabet than you :p

I am resisting the urge to switch my order to white interior in an effort to take delivery of it in September.

I personally prefer the white interior but my wife hates it. She also is convinced that it is going to look like hell after a few years no matter how many videos get produced showing how well it keeps up.

Second issue is that other manufacturers don't charge for a premium interior and then tack on another charge just because you prefer a color other than black. With my current car there were choices for 6 leathers and 6 interior trims all at the same cost once you were springing for the upgraded seats. I have a hard time shoveling another $1500 at Tesla for white seats.

I am resisting the urge to switch my order to white interior in an effort to take delivery of it in September.

I personally prefer the white interior but my wife hates it. She also is convinced that it is going to look like hell after a few years no matter how many videos get produced showing how well it keeps up.

Second issue is that other manufacturers don't charge for a premium interior and then tack on another charge just because you prefer a color other than black. With my current car there were choices for 6 leathers and 6 interior trims all at the same cost once you were springing for the upgraded seats. I have a hard time shoveling another $1500 at Tesla for white seats.
I agree that I shouldn't have to pay extra for a different color...but it's so freaking cool and I'm not a fan of black interiors.

Reactions: tony b
I agree that I shouldn't have to pay extra for a different color...but it's so freaking cool and I'm not a fan of black interiors.

I am also not a fan of black interiors.

With my luck though I'd switch my order right at the moment they switched everything over to black, my car got pushed back to end of the year and slip into next year and I miss the tax credit.

• Funny
Reactions: Sagedaddy