Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone that received the delivery email yesterday- has anyone received a VIN, had their edit button disappear, or been able to enter vehicle information for a trade in?

Received email yesterday afternoon, web page changed overnight.

I had the Credit App and the Trade In opened for data, but the edit button remains until the delivery date is nailed down, as they gave a range, I have not received the confirmation that the date/AM-PM selected was accepted as of yet.

Reserved 6/24/2018, Configured 6/28/201 Re-Configured 7/25/2018 (+AWD/MSM) LRAWD\MSM\Aero\PUP\EAP\FSD
Estimated delivery Sept. '18 - Nov. '18 to Oakville SC... Email 9/6/18 delivery range Sept 26-Oct3...... I Want Sept 26 AM Obviously :)

Finally. A text (but no email or call) has arrived from my "Delivery Scheduling Advisor."

After months (following years) of no word whatsoever, a text arrived just moments ago to tell me that my car will be ready for pickup at Fremont in TWO DAYS. Yes, this coming Saturday Sept 8th. Good lord. Does this mean that somebody else rejected the delivery and they're bringing it BACK to Fremont for me?

I have no idea if switching to white paint changed anything. But when I toyed with the idea of switching back to blue, I discovered just yesterday that I could no longer get into my configuration page via the URL method (I've never had an edit button since confirming my order back in June). So one more supporting data point for the idea that when you are no longer able to make any changes, the car may well be very close to delivery.

All relevant data and timing in my sig. My order page has not changed even a tiny bit. No indication of a VIN. I have no idea how to update the spreadsheet.

Oh, hell. A few hours after that text telling me that the car is ready on Saturday, I received an email from a second delivery advisor telling me that the car would be ready Sept 23rd.

I have called and texted the first advisor, and no answer or response (in theory my car is ready tomorrow, and no contact??). The second advisor left no contact information beyond the email address she used to send her message. I've replied to the email twice now. And again, no response.

So I'm on top of the game here with not just one, but TWO delivery advisors. Each quoting me a delivery date with two weeks separating them.

Still no change in my order page. Still no VIN.

Weee.

Does anyone else see a disparity between the scheduled time of their appointment and the time it actually comes across as when they click the "Add to calendar" button on the Tesla page? I was told a 3pm pickup time but comes across as 5pm in my calendar. Waiting for clarification from the IDA, but just curious if anyone else is seeing that. The appointment appears to have been made in the GMT time zone.
Yes, the time zone seemed to be off so I don't think they are taking that into account. I should be scheduled for 4 pm Mountain but it's like they scheduled me for 4 pm Pacific time.

Reactions: ConcordeSST
I think Tesla is prioritizing EAP.

Looking at my exact hardware configuration on Troy's spreadsheet:

a) about 1/4 of the total did not order EAP

b) about half the total have delivery dates assigned

c) none of (a) is included in (b). In other words, orders with no EAP are not getting deliveries assigned.

When they took the $1,000 reservation payment it was supposed to give you a place in line. We all understand different battery and engine options become available in waves, within each wave there are multiple configurations, and the cars are built in batches, so the delivery order is not going to perfectly match the reservation date. But the software options have nothing to do with manufacturing process or efficiency. I understand they are likely prioritizing software options as part of an end-of-quarter push for profitability. But that goes against the purpose of reservations and is yet one more reason this process leaves a sour taste. As others have pointed out, taking the reservations in the first place was a big part of the path to profitability and was supposed to be rewarded.

Reactions: the_danimal
Ordered the Dual Motor AWD, Silver Metallic, 18" Aero Wheels, Premium Black Interior, Enhanced Autopilot, Full Self-Driving. I had no prior reservation date, 7/25/18 order date. Still being given September-November timeframe. I guess this still seems about right?

So I got a call on Wednesday, 9/5 out of the blue that my delivery could be scheduled between 9/10 and 9/16. No prior warning except for that morning, the edit link was not there and I could finally submit the trade-in self-evaluation and my financing details. It's been a mad scramble to get financing finalized which first required getting my trade-in value confirmed and getting a signed MVPA. Making matters worse, I didn't have an owner advisor assigned to me so I didn't even have a point person. A little unimpressed with the last minute scramble and the take it or leave it one week window to take delivery. That said, I'm pleasantly surprised to be able to get this in less than 2 months from ordering it.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
The email that I received yesterday offering me the choice of was sent from a "Delivery Scheduling Advisor". 19 hours later the same person confirmed my choice of day, 9/26 and gave a specific time, noon, but now they signature says they are an "Inside Sales Advisor"

I suspect the first email as pretty much machine generated and the second email is the human actually typing at a keyboard.

No change on my account yet on tesla.com

It does appear that something has opened. I also got email from a Deliver Scheduling Advisor based in Fremont asking to pick a home delivery date from 09/26 to 09/30. I've requested 09/26 but have not received confirmation yet.

Reserved 10/2016
Initial Configuration 06/28/2018, edit to AWD on 06/29/2018
  • Home Delivery (Cupertino, CA), was offered only home delivery
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Premium Interior
  • Premium Black
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Cash & No Trade in
I still don't have options to pay or contract in my account

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I think Tesla is prioritizing EAP.

But that quick look suggests they're prioritizing orders with EAP/FSD.

Prioritizing EAP/FSD makes a ton of sense in their push to report a profitable quarter. Autopilot is pure profit for them, so it helps the bottom line immensely. Same reason for the P3D supercharging promotion: the higher margins on the Performance cars will help them get to profitability, so they're getting priority delivery, too.

FYI regarding the account update timeline, I checked my account yesterday morning (no changes) and was able to use the backdoor edit function to look at the options to reconfigure. Later in the day, I received an email with a request to confirm a date and time to take delivery of my car (within a window). I logged back into my account after the DA scheduled it and could see the update. I emailed back and asked when the VIN would be available and she said "It will be available online 1-2 days prior to delivery."

i don't have EAP.

i finally got the email too with delivery dates. didn't get it scheduled yet though and website does not have any indication anything happened yet. I am betting on EAP prices going down once the initial demand bubble is gone (and by the looks of it, the US LR part of the bubble will be completely gone in 2-3 months easily) . I don't see any reason to pay for any of software-enabled features up front during initial demand phase unless one really needs it; better spend on the physically installed, permanent features instead to taste. It seems a bit too steep for what AP is at this point. This is no more complex software-wise than e.g. the skydio.com fully autonomous flight camera is doing on a compact jetson gpu unit. (sure there are quite different safety requirements there).

FSD sure is worth it, but we will get there when (and most importantly if) we get there. Whatever price hike happens by then (if it does), most likely there will be a way to make up for it with financial markets returns meantime.

Update. as i was typing this, the email with a locked confirmed delivery time/date just came in.

Last edited:
Reactions: the_danimal
Oh, hell. A few hours after that text telling me that the car is ready on Saturday, I received an email from a second delivery advisor telling me that the car would be ready Sept 23rd.

I have called and texted the first advisor, and no answer or response (in theory my car is ready tomorrow, and no contact??). The second advisor left no contact information beyond the email address she used to send her message. I've replied to the email twice now. And again, no response.

So I'm on top of the game here with not just one, but TWO delivery advisors. Each quoting me a delivery date with two weeks separating them.

Still no change in my order page. Still no VIN.

Weee.
Be the optimist and run with the first date. No really, that is nuts. Makes me worry about how Tesla is going to execute all these deliveries that are now scheduled. I'm happy I have a 10 AM appointment, thinking it is like a visit to the doctor's office when the appointments later in the day are impacted by all the delays that happen...

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
When they took the $1,000 reservation payment it was supposed to give you a place in line. We all understand different battery and engine options become available in waves, within each wave there are multiple configurations, and the cars are built in batches, so the delivery order is not going to perfectly match the reservation date. But the software options have nothing to do with manufacturing process or efficiency. I understand they are likely prioritizing software options as part of an end-of-quarter push for profitability. But that goes against the purpose of reservations and is yet one more reason this process leaves a sour taste. As others have pointed out, taking the reservations in the first place was a big part of the path to profitability and was supposed to be rewarded.

That is simply incorrect.

Here's the actual text from the deposit receipt I received on 4/3/2016:
Thank you for placing a Reservation for Model 3. By making your Reservation, you have secured the approximate
priority within your region for taking delivery of your Model 3. (Additional details about priority can be found on
our website at Reserving your Model 3.)

Note: "approximate." I would also highly recommend clicking that link, which outlines what else plays into the timing of delivery.

Further, on the configurator since day one, it has always said delivery priority depended on reservation date AND location AND configuration.

Tesla couldn't have been more clear about what you were doing with that deposit, and what affected your place in line when it came to the configurator.

Many just choose to ignore it.