Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously call Tyson Corner Tesla, ask for sales. Now you have me thinking something's screwed up.

Just got off the phone with them (Tysons). No updates, no VIN but I’m in the system.

giphy.gif

I feel your pain. Literally, in the same boat. I wonder what changed? Where were you scheduled to pick up? I'm at Rocklin - two hours by truck from Fremont.

Minneapolis for me. I really don't like the ambiguity of when I'll get contacted again nor do I look forward to doing the dance again with the delivery scheduling advisor to get them to confirm my appointment time.

Just got off the phone with them (Tysons). No updates, no VIN but I’m in the system.

giphy.gif
Well, I was just told my IDA, so I have to believe it's true. Trade-in may not come until until day to 2 before delivery. That is a prereq for MVPA and that is prereq for financing. Consequently I think delivery on the 30th is impossible. To me, end of first week in Oct is fine, it only means $60k+ less revenue booked into Q3. Maybe they'll get the paperwork done for this week's deliveries and then focus on the following week's. If everything, for me, is wrapped up by the 26th (week from tomorrow) I can make this work. SO incentive is on them. I like your gif!

Reactions: tony b
Are they going to give you a new vin? I'm also picking up in Rocklin, though on 10/5 and so far no VIN.
I called the Delivery Scheduler who sent me the text and left the VM. She has no information about what caused the delay, or why it may take "a few weeks" to reschedule. She made some noise about transportation issues, but when I offered to pick up in Fremont, she backpedaled. Her advice was to reach out to my Delivery Advisor, and I'm waiting to hear back. This is not a paint color problem- looks like you are MSM and I'm red.

Last night my account changed to ask me for my final loan details. Today I entered in the information and confirmed all my other previously entered information. Now my account page says "Next Steps - we are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

However, I haven't been contacted by Tesla at all. I haven't scheduled or heard anything about a delivery date. Is this a normal step in the process? Should I be hearing something soon?
Look in your next steps to see if it shows anything under order summary

Another week another call to Tesla to see if there is a VIN, you know since its been over two years since reserving. Nothing, I get the same spiel...give it another 2-4 weeks. Ugh.
i called today they said sorry its been 3 months since you configured give it another week can call us back if you don't hear anything from us as the DA should be calling you.

Just got notified via text message that my delivery was delayed asking me to call and reschedule. Holy cow. They can't call me? This not good. They better step up and offer free supercharging or lifetime network connectivity. Not good. Waiting for someone to call me back.

Maybe it is a local thing. Better a request to reschedule than your rep saying they will contact you in a few weeks to reschedule...