Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
❤️ 912 days when I pick my car up next weekend. Only thing I can say is when you get that communication to schedule your delivery all the waiting feels so worth it....till you realize that for the next 11 days it appears time is more like this:

Salvador-Dali-Melting-Clocks.jpg
So true!

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Pickup is completed, somewhat bittersweet after such an extended wait.

Could not find any exterior issues with the car. Charge port door not perfect, but none of the ones there were perfect.... some minor issues with how window seals appeared to fit (I pushed them back in and they seemed to fit okay after that).

Delivery was super quick.... I literally could have driven off after just 15 minutes since I was a cash buyer with no trade in. The guy who did the delivery is part of the solar division and didn't know a whole lot about the product. They were quite nice about letting me look it over carefully but I felt a bit silly doing it since it was in good condition.

Car has a few issues, which is always a disappointment to me on purchase of a brand new vehicle, you would think they would some of this prior to delivery.

• Left turn signal doesn't work right, never resets after completing a turn. A search shows this is a known issue that has been reported numerous times in another forum. Requires replacement of steering control module. Yeah... my brand new car needs service.
  • A little floaty on the highway, need to check tire pressures.
  • much more pronounced wind noise than what I experienced on the RWD one I rented.
  • There is a slight rattle coming from the front cockpit area, not sure what is causing it. Only had the car for an hour.
Acceleration is very good, on par with the BMW this will replace. Handling is good but I think that the RWD is a bit better from a pure "sports" feeling.

That's all for now.

Pickup is completed, somewhat bittersweet after such an extended wait.

Could not find any exterior issues with the car. Charge port door not perfect, but none of the ones there were perfect.... some minor issues with how window seals appeared to fit (I pushed them back in and they seemed to fit okay after that).

Delivery was super quick.... I literally could have driven off after just 15 minutes since I was a cash buyer with no trade in. The guy who did the delivery is part of the solar division and didn't know a whole lot about the product. They were quite nice about letting me look it over carefully but I felt a bit silly doing it since it was in good condition.

Car has a few issues, which is always a disappointment to me on purchase of a brand new vehicle, you would think they would some of this prior to delivery.

• Left turn signal doesn't work right, never resets after completing a turn. A search shows this is a known issue that has been reported numerous times in another forum. Requires replacement of steering control module. Yeah... my brand new car needs service.
  • A little floaty on the highway, need to check tire pressures.
  • much more pronounced wind noise than what I experienced on the RWD one I rented.
  • There is a slight rattle coming from the front cockpit area, not sure what is causing it. Only had the car for an hour.
Acceleration is very good, on par with the BMW this will replace. Handling is good but I think that the RWD is a bit better from a pure "sports" feeling.

That's all for now.

Congratulations. Was the Littleton Service Center the zoo that's been described? Look like a bunch of deliveries going on there today? You must have been driving a 335 or 340?

Congratulations. Was the Littleton Service Center the zoo that's been described? Look like a bunch of deliveries going on there today? You must have been driving a 335 or 340?

Previous car is a leased 340xi that I'll be turning into Schomp next weekend.

The delivery center was not busy really, not what I was expecting anyway. I got there 30 minutes early and they just immediately moved into doing my delivery. They offered me some water but there were no snacks or anything out. Definitely not a party atmosphere.

They said it would be absolute pandemonium come Saturday, they wouldn't comment on how many deliveries happen that day.

It almost felt like everyone there doing the delivery was new. There was some chick wiping the car down, mine had water spots and some residue in places and she was just walking around wiping it down. The seats had a little bit of brown crud on them, they wiped that down. I pulled the aero covers off, and, I kid you not, everyone of them working there were amazed that there was a regular rim under the cover.

When I put the center caps and lug covers on they were all "noooooo wayyyyy..... yeah, seriously, that bad.

Previous car is a leased 340xi that I'll be turning into Schomp next weekend.

The delivery center was not busy really, not what I was expecting anyway. I got there 30 minutes early and they just immediately moved into doing my delivery. They offered me some water but there were no snacks or anything out. Definitely not a party atmosphere.

They said it would be absolute pandemonium come Saturday, they wouldn't comment on how many deliveries happen that day.

It almost felt like everyone there doing the delivery was new. There was some chick wiping the car down, mine had water spots and some residue in places and she was just walking around wiping it down. The seats had a little bit of brown crud on them, they wiped that down. I pulled the aero covers off, and, I kid you not, everyone of them working there were amazed that there was a regular rim under the cover.

When I put the center caps and lug covers on they were all "noooooo wayyyyy..... yeah, seriously, that bad.

LOL on the wheels. For two reasons. First, that nobody there knows anything about the cars they're delivering. Second, because I was planning on pulling the aero covers and putting the lug nuts and center caps on before I came home, and wondered if I was weird for considering it. I've since bought aftermarket wheels that I'm having put on the day of delivery, so I'm not gonna do it.

LOL on the wheels. For two reasons. First, that nobody there knows anything about the cars they're delivering. Second, because I was planning on pulling the aero covers and putting the lug nuts and center caps on before I came home, and wondered if I was weird for considering it. I've since bought aftermarket wheels that I'm having put on the day of delivery, so I'm not gonna do it.
I ordered the Tesla wheel kit for precisely the same thing. I'll have their staff do it before I leave the lot.
They arrived today!

I may have another delay incoming. I got the dreaded call of delayed delivery on Monday for my delivery that was supposed to be today. I called the delivery center to check with them about the reschedule for the 27th to make sure that it was going to happen then. The person i spoke with said that it looks like my car is scheduled to be delivered at a later time that what is currently set up (27th).... He said he would get in touch with the person i spoke with on Monday to get things clarified.
I still see delivery scheduled for the 27th

I just don't want to send a message out again saying i will be out of the office just to find myself sitting in the office like i did today... I hope the delivery gods are with me next week haha

I called Tesla today to see if I could schedule a delivery in October. They said yes so now I’m scheduled for October 2nd! Just ordered September 10th, AWD non-p, red, EAP, 19" wheels, no reservation/prior owner. Yesterday, they told me that they aren't scheduling October deliveries so I was expecting to have to wait a while since I wasn't able to accept their 9/29 date. I'm excited!

Phone rang, saw the TESLA display, my heart dropped :(
Voice said "I know what you are thinking, but you are WRONG!"
He said my car was in Toronto, and then offered me a time slot for this Saturday, 4 days earlier than planned !
So I will be loitering around the International Center most of the day till my magic time of 4PM
I expect to see a lot of deliveries happening there and hope I can capture some of it with the camera :)
Now I am off to the store to buy a ticket on the $60 Million Dollar lottery for tomorrow night...cause ya just never know ;)

My delivery was originally scheduled Sept. 24th, then they called to move it up to Sept. 17th. Got phone call the night before moving it to Sept. 19th, and then again a call late the day before moving it again to the 20th. My delivery center is Seattle SODO, and I used the delivery tracker another member posted for OVISS showing the car having been trucked to Tacoma, WA back on the 14th... Tacoma is actually closer to me than Seattle, and the car has been there for 5 days now with no movement? Making no sense to me... I'll flatbed the thing to Seattle on my own dime if that's what it takes... what is going on?

My car is also in Tacoma. Delivery was supposed to be today in Bellevue, but now it was rescheduled to Saturday.
What is the OVISS site? This one doesn't show my VIN.