Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More movement on the delivery front. I got my final price sheet with VIN delivered via email today. Asked to sign digitally and submitted back via the PDFs emended functionality (not the Tesla website). So does this mean I'm good to go for the scheduled delivery on the 29th or might it still change?

Order of events so far:
9/17 - Contact from DA to finalize info via phone. Schedule delivery. (I asked for a couple days to get loan straight.)
9/19 - Contact from DA again via phone. Sent copy of insurance and confirmed instutition of loan pre-approval.
9/21 - MVPA w/ VIN and final price sheet arrived via email (signed and sent back). Payment options on website opened up and I paid the final down payment.

VIN and MVPA w/ VIN still not showing on website yet.....but I did just get it via email like 20 minutes ago. :D

What VIN series did you get? I'm guessing it's in the 101xxx or 102xxx range.

Do you have to e-sign the MVPA before delivery, or can you sign it physically after you've inspected the car?

And also, I wonder whether a signature on an MVPA allows them to count it as a delivery for Q3 reporting purposes, even if you haven't physically taken possession of the car. It would be awfully sleazy, but could explain this otherwise inexplicable/impossible surge in delivery volume in the final week.
I was told I will sign st the delivery,

Just heard back (FINALLY). They're scrubbing delivery by one week, picking up next Friday. I told them I have no car right now. They said they'll look through inventory to see if they have anything close to my config that could get me a car sooner. I told them I'd be willing to upgrade to a performance if that can make it happen sooner (I wanted performance but didn't want to potentially prolong my delivery before, but if this is now my opportunity to get one sooner, yay!)

I see the updated delivery in my account, but no VIN.

Anyone get rescheduled who later got their VIN? How long did it take?

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and tony b
I got email from from Tesla a couple of hours ago. It introduced my Inside Delivery Advisor and it asked to confirm my registration information, how I'm paying (cash) and trade-in (none). I have a home delivery on 9/24 at 10:00 am that I will need to push since I will still be finishing getting a child into her college housing. I entertained the thought of driving back Sunday night by myself, taking delivery Monday morning and returning to the trip. I've been trying to be chill and not ping Tesla to see how things move along without any prodding. My account still doesn't show an Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA).

Blue, black interior, full self-driving (FSD), Aero wheels and obviously AWD in SF bay area.

• Love
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
I got email from from Tesla a couple of hours ago. It introduced my Inside Delivery Advisor and it asked to confirm my registration information, how I'm paying (cash) and trade-in (none). I have a home delivery on 9/24 at 10:00 am that I will need to push since I will still be finishing getting a child into her college housing. I entertained the thought of driving back Sunday night by myself, taking delivery Monday morning and returning to the trip. I've been trying to be chill and not ping Tesla to see how things move along without any prodding. My account still doesn't show an Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA).

Blue, black interior, full self-driving (FSD), Aero wheels and obviously AWD in SF bay area.

And very efficiently I've been rescheduled to 9/26 (and my account reflects this). Now I will try to patiently wait to see when my account status will change to so I can pay. It's soooooo close.

From what I've observed and confirmed with my DA, the VIN may in fact be assigned (manual or automatic, I don't know), it just won't display until at least seven days prior. In my case, my original appointment was for 3pm and I noticed the VIN was there at close to 6pm, seven days prior. This may have something to do with the fact that while my appointment was in fact for 3pm, it came across as 5pm in the calendar appointment due to the bad timezone coding on it. Since you're on the west coast, it may in fact show up exactly at the minute of your appointment, but check again a couple of hours later if it does not. My appointment has since moved and the VIN disappeared. My DA advised me that it would reappear seven days prior (so tomorrow afternoon I'll know for sure). I know I still have it because it's listed in my MVPA.

Confirmed. My VIN reappeared seven days in advance of my revised date (to the minute). Note, that's to the minute if you consider that Tesla seems to go by their bad timezone encoding. So for example, if your appointment is for 5pm in your local timezone, expect the VIN to appear at 5pm Pacific time, seven days prior to your delivery appointment (assuming there's nothing else that's gone wrong).

Confirmed. My VIN reappeared seven days in advance of my revised date (to the minute). Note, that's to the minute if you consider that Tesla seems to go by their bad timezone encoding. So for example, if your appointment is for 5pm in your local timezone, expect the VIN to appear at 5pm Pacific time, seven days prior to your delivery appointment (assuming there's nothing else that's gone wrong).

I can confirm as well. Delivery now scheduled for 12 PM CST next Friday and VIN appeared around 2 PM CST today.

Very small sample size, but perhaps they are finally standardizing this and getting away from chasing down VIN 2-3 days before scheduled delivery for those still waiting. If it weren't for my delivery being rescheduled from Monday, I'd be stressing as I need executed MVPA to wrap up financing, which was dependent on the VIN.

I had a delivery set for 27Sep (Thu) in Seattle - SoDo in the morning.

I called yesterday because it's been 11 days since I received a confirmation for the trade-in input and still no trade-in value. I learned I had a VIN and sure enough when I logged into my account, no edit button and there was the VIN. I also found out who my advisor was and fired an email off.

This morning I called Tesla to find out why the trade in value is taking so long. Still trying to get my advisor to hook-up with me.

I just got the call, delivery canceled, moved to 15 Oct. Still have yet to communicate with my advisor and find out what my trade is going to be.

Cluster F**k Big Time

• Informative
Reactions: neroden

I learned I had a VIN and sure enough when I logged into my account, no edit button and there was the VIN. I also found out who my advisor was and fired an email off.

Did you check to see if you still have your VIN?

I'm cooking up a conspiracy theory since some folks who had VINs and then received cancellation notices are told the VIN is no longer valid: Our Model 3s are now held hostage in a remote compound to be sold to earliest reservations holders who are willing to pay a premium to be matched to a car that is ready to deliver. Anyone have a better story?

I called yesterday because it's been 11 days since I received a confirmation for the trade-in input and still no trade-in value. I learned I had a VIN and sure enough when I logged into my account, no edit button and there was the VIN. I also found out who my advisor was and fired an email off.

This morning I called Tesla to find out why the trade in value is taking so long. Still trying to get my advisor to hook-up with me.

I just got the call, delivery canceled, moved to 15 Oct. Still have yet to communicate with my advisor and find out what my trade is going to be.

Cluster F**k Big Time

Yikes. I was assigned and told my VIN as soon as my car finished production ~3 days after my edit link disappeared. My IDA has been very responsive (read: responds to emails in minutes) and even called me to clarify a few things we discussed over email. All paperwork was generated within the hour.

Here's hoping the actual delivery goes just as well.

Reactions: neroden