Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Order moved up to Sept - Nov from Oct-Dec...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the same boat as @Trips and @quantumslip - Ordered in-store 3/31/16, configured online 5/23/18, still no estimate given beyond the original 12-16 week delivery timetable when placing my configuration order. I'm hoping they stick to that 12-16 weeks, otherwise, it seems as though there was no benefit to ordering a month ahead of everyone else.

I think the May orders will get their vehicles a few weeks earlier in most cases. There were only about 10,000 reservations that qualified for the May AWD invites. If 1/3rd already ordered the RWD and 1/3rd are waiting for the SR that would leave about 3,500 P/AWD orders in May. They should get through that pretty quick.

I really think it was to see how many people would order the Performance vs. AWD. The percentage of Performance orders might have came in lower than expected so they decided to change up the options available for the June orders.

Reactions: Bokonon and ccutrer
I'm in the same boat as @Trips and @quantumslip - Ordered in-store 3/31/16, configured online 5/23/18, still no estimate given beyond the original 12-16 week delivery timetable when placing my configuration order. I'm hoping they stick to that 12-16 weeks, otherwise, it seems as though there was no benefit to ordering a month ahead of everyone else.
I am curious how many AWD orders did they get in May cause it seems like they didn't get that many if they are willing to push everyone back to september.

EDIT: lol or what @Trips wrote...

Mine hasn't changed since ordering on Jun 27. Still says Sep - Nov. White, AWD, EAP, with 19s.
Reserved on Apr 2, 2017.

Actually, Sep-Nov is okay for me. The 3 is replacing a Nissan Rogue lease with its last payment in Oct, so it's about perfect timing. I was concerned about the $7,500 credit, but it looks like we're good on that front now. The pearl white 3 will join my pearl white Leaf. :)

Last edited:
Yep! Today, my M3 delivery estimate moved up one full month from "Sept 18 - Nov 18" to "Aug 18 to Oct 18".

I reserved in March 2018 and configured near the end of June. The final agreement is available and my payment portal is ready for the ACH payment. Loving the tax credit too!

Reactions: cusman
Yep! Today, my M3 delivery estimate moved up one full month from "Sept 18 - Nov 18" to "Aug 18 to Oct 18".

I reserved in March 2018 and configured near the end of June. The final agreement is available and my payment portal is ready for the ACH payment. Loving the tax credit too!

My M3 reserved April 1st, 2016 ($1000), and configured June 30th, 2018 ($2500) as a LR Dual Motor still showing Sept 18 - Nov 18 as the delivery estimate. Since we are both TX deliveries, I am wondering if you choose to spend extra 4k on AWD (Dual Motor) or just the kept at the 49k LR?

The Tesla Account section shows status as drawing up contract so I don't have option to see final agreement or make final payment yet.

Far as I can tell, the LR are getting delivered all over in all the States while the LR AWS (Dual Motor) haven't seen much delivery momentum yet (not even in CA or CO).

3/31/16 reservation, ordered 6/26/2018.... Non-owner, ordered AWD (non P), EAP, aeros, and blue, still shows Sept-Nov as it originally did.

I'm fine with this as I want to see what's in the alleged FSD-finally-does-something update in August so I can add FSD for pre-delivery pricing if it's something worthwhile
I reserved on 4/1/2016. Had to cancel in May 2018 (for personal reasons). Ordered today AWD/LR with Sep-Nov delivery. So, for me anyway, the $1000 initial deposit subsidized Tesla for a few years which I’m okay with. I just hope though that the current delivery dates are “firm” dates and what happened the past two years with delivery dates delayed on a few occasions doesn’t happen so we can take advantage of the tax credit prior to the end of the year.

My M3 reserved April 1st, 2016 ($1000), and configured June 30th, 2018 ($2500) as a LR Dual Motor still showing Sept 18 - Nov 18 as the delivery estimate. Since we are both TX deliveries, I am wondering if you choose to spend extra 4k on AWD (Dual Motor) or just the kept at the 49k LR?

The Tesla Account section shows status as drawing up contract so I don't have option to see final agreement or make final payment yet.

Far as I can tell, the LR are getting delivered all over in all the States while the LR AWS (Dual Motor) haven't seen much delivery momentum yet (not even in CA or CO).

Cusman - I ordered the 49k LR (not AWD). I may consider getting an AWD later.

Texas is getting a fair amount of deliveries too. The electrician that installed my home wall charger today told me that he (and the other Tesla recommended Houston area installers) are suddenly getting so many calls to install home chargers that they are quoting installation prices over the phone (not even visiting/inspecting the home).

You reserved in March 2018, and your delivery window is August - October? How is that? Are you already an owner?